Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

OOTP 20 Custom View?

I've always wanted to have a custom "closer" view, and didn't know how to do that. A little research told me to go to the team settings and then there would be a spot to "edit ballpark"...I don't seem to have the Edit Ballpark option to go in and setup a custom view?

Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #2
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I guess nobody knows? lol is it a bug I should report maybe?
Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 AM   #3
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

When you go to Customize Ballpark, on the left it will say 3D Model... click on that and a customize screen will come up.. Hope this is what you are looking for?.. As far as editing I am not good at it yet but it is on my bucket list lol
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #4
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
When you go to Customize Ballpark, on the left it will say 3D Model... click on that and a customize screen will come up.. Hope this is what you are looking for?.. As far as editing I am not good at it yet but it is on my bucket list lol
That's my main issue...is where is customize ballpark? I don't see it anywhere?
Old 03-20-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

See post #41 in this thread, helped me out.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...=300015&page=5
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:06 PM   #6
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Tricky part here though is that Niles08 for some reason doesn't seem to be locating the edit ballpark option under team settings.

I'm not in front of my game to screenshot this. I wonder if someone else maybe could and that visual might be helpful to Niles08?

Once you locate that and click on it, then you should see the window where you can go into the 3D model and then you will see options on the right of your screen where you can play with camera angles (you will see self-explanatory buttons like zoom in/zoom out, but also slightly less self-explanatory things like Z/X/Y axis buttons.) Play around with those, find views you like, save them and name them for future use.

But first things first. Let's see if we can't help you find these options first.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #7
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Tricky part here though is that Niles08 for some reason doesn't seem to be locating the edit ballpark option under team settings.

I'm not in front of my game to screenshot this. I wonder if someone else maybe could and that visual might be helpful to Niles08?

Once you locate that and click on it, then you should see the window where you can go into the 3D model and then you will see options on the right of your screen where you can play with camera angles (you will see self-explanatory buttons like zoom in/zoom out, but also slightly less self-explanatory things like Z/X/Y axis buttons.) Play around with those, find views you like, save them and name them for future use.

But first things first. Let's see if we can't help you find these options first.
Indeed, this is my biggest issue. I thought it would be sitting right next to the edit team colors tab, but it doesn't seem to be there.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08 View Post
Indeed, this is my biggest issue. I thought it would be sitting right next to the edit team colors tab, but it doesn't seem to be there.
Okay, hopefully someone can help you figure out why you aren't seeing that or how to fix this.

If that hasn't happened yet, I will try posting some screenshots here later when I get home from work (I live in Mountain Time Zone, so depending upon where you are at it might seem a bit late) and see if that helps at all.

You might want to post screenshot of what you are seeing on team options page too so that we can see what you are seeing differently there.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #9
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Okay, hopefully someone can help you figure out why you aren't seeing that or how to fix this.

If that hasn't happened yet, I will try posting some screenshots here later when I get home from work (I live in Mountain Time Zone, so depending upon where you are at it might seem a bit late) and see if that helps at all.

You might want to post screenshot of what you are seeing on team options page too so that we can see what you are seeing differently there.
I would appreciate any help. I am central time and been playing without modifying view for years so no rush. My first post shows an image of what I have in the team options and settings page.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:25 PM   #10
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Hooray Saturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:28 PM   #11
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooray Saturday View Post

That is what I thought...but I don't have the option to edit ballpark? Below is what I have...

Old 03-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #12
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Old 03-20-2019, 01:31 PM   #13
Hooray Saturday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08 View Post
That is what I thought...but I don't have the option to edit ballpark? Below is what I have...
are you in commissioner mode?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:34 PM   #14
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooray Saturday View Post
are you in commissioner mode?
Ugh...no because I am logged into challenge mode...does that matter? Is there a workaround? If I log into commish mode in a new game, and save views for ballparks will they take effect for my game where I am not in commish mode?
Old 03-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

Hope this helps. You should be able to edit your camera views by first clicking the settings tab. From there, you see the Edit Ballpark in the upper right hand corner.
Attached Images

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #16
niles08
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Wow...I think I might have just figured it out however...I had to go into league settings--functions--edit ballparks and it will let me do it for all the teams there it looks like.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #17
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

That should take to the Park Profile tab. There you can change ballpark factors. Click to 3D Model tab. Then you can change camera views from there. You can choose what model you want to edit by clicking the Load New 3D Model.
Attached Images

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #18
LloydLungs
Minors (Single A)

When they eventually add the "follow flight of ball" feature to these views, it's going to be revolutionary. LOVE that behind the catcher spot, but currently you're gonna miss a lot with it. Hopefully next year!
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote