Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #1
Ignatius J
Minors (Single A)

Sound/Fireworks

Almost jumped out of my chair when I hit a HR in the home ballpark. The sound was at a normal level, but the fireworks were extra loud. Then I turned the sound off, but the fireworks fired again after another homer. Any way to have the sound on but lose the fireworks?
Ignatius J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #2
Folderol
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius J View Post
Almost jumped out of my chair when I hit a HR in the home ballpark. The sound was at a normal level, but the fireworks were extra loud. Then I turned the sound off, but the fireworks fired again after another homer. Any way to have the sound on but lose the fireworks?
Can you not go into the SFX folder and delete or add another .wav file that works better for you? Haven't looked into it myself but it seems that would work. I had the same reaction, by the way - thought it was a corrupt sound file until I realized. That it was at an away game didn't make me feel any better, either.

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
rktaker
Minors (Rookie Ball)

fireworks also made me jump thought it was something wrong with my computer, especially since i thought i turned all the sound off
rktaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #4
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

While I love the idea of the fireworks sound (and so far even the reality of it, only time will tell if that will last), it is probably a good thing I live alone.

I'm wondering if in time some slight tweaking might be needed so that it doesn't overwhelm quite so much. It did cause me to lower the volume on the game quite a bit just in case another hometown homerun was hit during the game.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:45 PM   #5
Folderol
Major Leagues

If anyone wants, I have reduced the volume of the three fireworks SFX by half and can email them to you. Message me with your email address.

Also, I can change out the three music files that have been in the last several versions of OOTP (Billy Squier, Zebra, and the other music file) to just about any song you want (I can at least try). Again, hit me up.

Folderol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:05 AM   #6
mars001
All Star Reserve

Are there animations/visuals for the fireworks? I hear them and see a tiny multi-color dot near home plate. Is there supposed to be something in the sky? I'm using Fenway Park with Wide camera angle.
mars001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #7
tward13
All Star Starter

I'd prefer not to have fireworks. Or be able to toggle them off for some parks. Citifield doesn't do fireworks for homers.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #8
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars001 View Post
Are there animations/visuals for the fireworks? I hear them and see a tiny multi-color dot near home plate. Is there supposed to be something in the sky? I'm using Fenway Park with Wide camera angle.
I haven't seen any I wish their was though
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:57 PM   #9
Hotwheelz
All Star Starter

Glad I'm not the only one. For a second I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from since I had disabled it in the options. It would be great to have an option to have sound and no fireworks (or turn down the volume) and also to just disable ALL the sound. Like I thought I was doing.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:08 PM   #10
mjcarr74
Major Leagues

I would like them thank you very much Michael.carr20@yahoo.com
mjcarr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:12 PM   #11
potsey7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can someone help me with all this? If I wanted to add a sound (walkup song, aluminum bat sound for college, etc) how do I replace the file in the sounds location? Do I need to convert the sound (often an mp3 or similar) to the OOTP format? If I replace the sound for the bat do I lose the ability to use the wood bat sound in my MLB saves? Sorry i'm an amateur at this lol
potsey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:25 PM   #12
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Yeah, sorry about the sounds. They come through a different channel than other in-game sounds, so we missed a check if you have sounds disabled.

This will be fixed for the full release on Friday (didn't make it to the build coming tomorrow).
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #13
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by potsey7 View Post
Can someone help me with all this? If I wanted to add a sound (walkup song, aluminum bat sound for college, etc) how do I replace the file in the sounds location? Do I need to convert the sound (often an mp3 or similar) to the OOTP format? If I replace the sound for the bat do I lose the ability to use the wood bat sound in my MLB saves? Sorry i'm an amateur at this lol
When playing games, the sounds will all come from the same sound folder, so yes if you want aluminum bats, they would have to replace the wood ones, and you would have to swap them out before playing games at different levels.

We support both .wav and .ogg files for playing with a preference for ogg files, and as mentioned, sounds are played based on the filename (so if you name something "hit_hard_alum.ogg" then it will be played instead of the other "hit_hard" sounds).Generic walk-up music are the intro files, or as mentioned if you include a player name, then we'll play custom intro music for that player.
Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #14
Charlie Ricker
Minors (Single A)

I would really love to just have the option to turn off the fireworks. To me everything else is fine, but this is extremely annoying to me.

Please and thank you.

Charlie
Charlie Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:16 PM   #15
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

I would love to get the toned down version of the fireworks...or the HR siren from some random ballpark. If anyone has either, please let me know. Thank you.
brettrankin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:20 PM   #16
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

The next update we'll tone down the fireworks volume a little, and also add a button to disable it if you so choose
Old 03-31-2019, 05:01 PM   #17
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Personally I like them...but the volume does need to be turned down a notch. Thank you guys for adding more sound files...hopefully more will come in the future.
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:19 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The next update we'll tone down the fireworks volume a little, and also add a button to disable it if you so choose
Thanks for this. This is one of those seemingly minor quirks that can actually have an outsized negative effect on immersion, especially for historical leagues.

Think of it; before the days of Jumbotron and pre-loaded, choreographed displays of crowd "control," when would you see fireworks at a baseball game? July 4th, maybe?

Heh, I'm also thinking of those old wooden bleachers with sparks and hot fragments flying around. Scary.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:31 PM   #19
BeanballComin
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Think of it; before the days of Jumbotron and pre-loaded, choreographed displays of crowd "control," when would you see fireworks at a baseball game? July 4th, maybe?
Well, being a WSox fan my whole life, I'd like to say I heard and saw those fireworks EVERY HOME GAME.
But most years, the non-hitting team couldn't muster many home-runs, so the fireworks at the ballpark were usually only heard AFTER the game
BeanballComin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:55 AM   #20
Charlie Ricker
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thank you so much! 🙌🏼
Charlie Ricker is offline   Reply With Quote