Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:47 PM   #41
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Now if I could only figure out to get some more views, like behind the catcher at field level.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up? I looked at the edit ballpark 3D model page but it scares me.....
Not sure I saw a response to you on this.
I'm totally tech challenged but I can assure you this shouldn't scare you.
The good thing is, you can play around in there but unless you save a new camera view you haven't really done anything. So I would encourage you to just play around a bit with it and explore. The way I learned was just by clicking on the various options to see what they did. Zoom in, zoom out. Change camera angles. You can even just move things by sort of grabbing the 3D image and dragging it around. (Didn't explain that well, but hopefully you'll figure it out.) Oh, and you'll suddenly find yourself behind a concrete wall or under the stadium or way out in space looking down on the stadium, or some such thing. Don't panic. There is always a way back. You haven't broken anything. The reality is that most of the really cool angles you might find will leave you with some blind spots where you will miss on-field action. And you might have to play around with settings in-game (like what gets hidden during play) or some of your new camera angles will lead to game play being hidden behind widgets. The important thing is, if you find an angle you really want to try out during a game, save it and make sure to give it a name so that you aren't just saving over one of the already existing views.

It is great fun to settle in with a low view behind home plate and watch the pitcher and catcher animations.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:12 PM   #42
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdWatcher View Post
Not sure I saw a response to you on this.
I'm totally tech challenged but I can assure you this shouldn't scare you.
The good thing is, you can play around in there but unless you save a new camera view you haven't really done anything. So I would encourage you to just play around a bit with it and explore. The way I learned was just by clicking on the various options to see what they did. Zoom in, zoom out. Change camera angles. You can even just move things by sort of grabbing the 3D image and dragging it around. (Didn't explain that well, but hopefully you'll figure it out.) Oh, and you'll suddenly find yourself behind a concrete wall or under the stadium or way out in space looking down on the stadium, or some such thing. Don't panic. There is always a way back. You haven't broken anything. The reality is that most of the really cool angles you might find will leave you with some blind spots where you will miss on-field action. And you might have to play around with settings in-game (like what gets hidden during play) or some of your new camera angles will lead to game play being hidden behind widgets. The important thing is, if you find an angle you really want to try out during a game, save it and make sure to give it a name so that you aren't just saving over one of the already existing views.

It is great fun to settle in with a low view behind home plate and watch the pitcher and catcher animations.
Thanks for that, do you have to do this individually for each stadium?

I'm trying to remember, maybe back in 17/18 there was a default view behind the catcher. Not sure why it was taken out.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #43
Harry Hibbs
Minors (Double A)

Excellent progress with the 3D, thank you! Lots of refinements and overall improvement in realism / accuracy, including pitching from the stretch with runners on base (nice touch!).

One criticism though: when players are running they seem to have this stutter every 3-4 strides, like they have a piece of gravel in their shoe or something Would be great to see that smoothed out a little.

EDIT: Fixed in the beta patch!! Great work.

Last edited by Harry Hibbs; 03-21-2019 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Fixed
Harry Hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #44
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for that, do you have to do this individually for each stadium?

I'm trying to remember, maybe back in 17/18 there was a default view behind the catcher. Not sure why it was taken out.
Yes, it's a stadium by stadium process. But it really is a lot of fun zooming around the ballpark. You get to see parts of the 3D park that you won't see just viewing it from the standard pre-set camera angles.
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #45
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hurray, 12 years of pitching in organized baseball finally paid off!

Seriously though, after the motion capture session I was sore for almost a week...

Next you can be the hair model for whenever you implement hair in facegen. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2019, 04:27 PM   #46
tward13
All Star Starter

Angry

Intentional walk, the pitcher shouldn't be throwing to the catcher
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #47
texasmame
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Intentional walk, the pitcher shouldn't be throwing to the catcher
He should. Baseball IRL has it wrong!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #48
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
The pitcher glitching should be fixed in the next release
Is that the glitch where it looks like the pitcher throws the ball and then we see him wind up again and throw it?
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:03 AM   #49
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Is that the glitch where it looks like the pitcher throws the ball and then we see him wind up again and throw it?
No, the glitches where he tends to teleport around a little when he's either making a play in the field or going over to cover 1b on a play.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:15 AM   #50
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, the glitches where he tends to teleport around a little when he's either making a play in the field or going over to cover 1b on a play.
Ok, Got it. Was the other one I mentioned reported ? Sorry , I just don’t want to overload the bug report.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:18 AM   #51
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Ok, Got it. Was the other one I mentioned reported ? Sorry , I just don’t want to overload the bug report.
I haven't seen it, no, so if you see it please do report it.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #52
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I haven't seen it, no, so if you see it please do report it.
Ok, Thanks Matt.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:06 AM   #53
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

just watched a SS jump to avoid a sliding runner when turning a double play.

very cool!

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:14 AM   #54
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There's no such thing as overloading the bug reports. If you find a bug and don't report, then it won't get fixed.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:50 AM   #55
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
There's no such thing as overloading the bug reports. If you find a bug and don't report, then it won't get fixed.
Yeah, don't write 20 versions of the same bug, or if you see what sounds like the exact same issue, then you don't need to report it. But especially movement bugs aren't exactly hard to report (not like you need to go upload a 200mb file to our server), so don't feel bad about noting things down.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #56
Royalsusedtorule
Minors (Triple A)

Definitely improved overall ... love the pitching motions and, overall, fielders are much more realistic ...

I have to include one downer, however ... really thought the glitch where centerfielder runs backward only to have ball land in front of him for a double would be fixed ... with the other enhancements, wouldn't think that would be that hard to fix? ... especially since it's been a past issue?

Oh well, nice work overall ... I haven't had a chance to do much with XX yet, but am looking forward to experimenting as my time frees up ...
Royalsusedtorule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:00 PM   #57
tward13
All Star Starter

I like the player movements. Much better.

But there needs to be work on having players go to the right spots for cutoffs. No one lines up the throw properly.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:02 PM   #58
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I need SS ball flip to 2B when right beside each other. The full windup at point blank range has to go.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 PM   #59
canadian content
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post
I have to include one downer, however ... really thought the glitch where centerfielder runs backward only to have ball land in front of him for a double would be fixed ... with the other enhancements, wouldn't think that would be that hard to fix? ... especially since it's been a past issue?
Ouch, OOTP dropped the ball on this one, pun intended.

Two versions of this in a row should not be happening.
canadian content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #60
highandoutside
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalsusedtorule View Post

Bummer. Hope this one gets squashed at some point.
highandoutside is offline   Reply With Quote