Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
brettrankin
Minors (Single A)

Monthly Update?

It would be kind of cool to get any kind of update on the game. Maybe monthly or every couple months. It's nice to hear of any progress and know that an NFL sim is still coming our way at some point. I keep checking back but I don't see any meaningful posts...even if there are delays or unexpected obstacles...it's still nice to hear what is going on.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

I want to hear about progress in the development too.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:33 PM   #3
Michael Winter
Minors (Single A)

We are quite close to running a few first plays with the engine. Truth is that football is an incredibly complex game, maybe the most complex of them all. Especially what happens at the line of scrimmage is quite difficult to account for, but we are getting closer to actually having a working engine. Coding it is not even the issue all that much but rather figuring out on paper how it all should work. It's pretty much like inventing a board game (that's at least how I am feeling about it by now). I think we should be able to run beta tests with the engine quite early next year. Hope this is some good news, apart from that still not all that much to report.

Last edited by Michael Winter; 11-20-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:35 PM   #4
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the update, Michael.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:57 AM   #5
yazfan67
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks, Michael! It is good to hear about some movement!
Old 11-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #6
burnshroom
Bat Boy

Even that tidbit of information went a long way to sate our desire to know A) that work is still going on and B) at what stage you guys are over there.
Old 11-22-2016, 03:17 PM   #7
derfla
Bat Boy

Thanks for the update.

FOF 8 is out soon, but using the same stale interface I am looking forward (even more) to BTS's release.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:09 PM   #8
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnshroom View Post
Even that tidbit of information went a long way to sate our desire to know A) that work is still going on and B) at what stage you guys are over there.
Agree!!!
Old 11-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #9
StrikeFour
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnshroom View Post
Also agree!

Can't find the help you need? Try here:
OOTP Developments - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software
Old 11-24-2016, 01:55 PM   #10
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Wolverine Studios was able to do it. As was pigskinempire years ago. Why is it taking you guys nearly 3 years to do this?
Old 11-24-2016, 05:54 PM   #11
derfla
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
Wolverine Studios was able to do it. As was pigskinempire years ago. Why is it taking you guys nearly 3 years to do this?
Not sure the point of your post, but to answer your question... There have been some setbacks not the least of which affected the health of the original lone dev.

That being said most here are aware of that and are very appreciative of any info we can get.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:03 PM   #12
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfla View Post
Not sure the point of your post, but to answer your question... There have been some setbacks not the least of which affected the health of the original lone dev.

That being said most here are aware of that and are very appreciative of any info we can get.
rmoons is currently a whiner. ignore him.

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
Old 12-08-2016, 02:59 PM   #13
baseballonly
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmoons24 View Post
Wolverine is based on a game that's like ten years old. I play it, but truly it's a total ripoff for $35. I go back and forth on if I like it or not, but it's nowhere a near a complete, OOTP-quality game by any standard.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:08 PM   #14
NoxMortem
Minors (Single A)

Will there be a new NFL Game from the makers of OOTP or are those different Guys? I really liked FoF7 and also like Most of OOTP17. I would be really interested to see their Vision of Football
Old 12-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #15
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoxMortem View Post
Will there be a new NFL Game from the makers of OOTP or are those different Guys? I really liked FoF7 and also like Most of OOTP17. I would be really interested to see their Vision of Football
Not the maker, exactly, but the company. Unfortunately the head dev caught a stroke and the expected release date has been pushed back to spring/summer of next year.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:56 PM   #16
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Thanks Michael for the update
Old 12-12-2016, 10:26 PM   #17
RchW
Hall Of Famer

And the best news is that Francis is reading this thread. I hope you are recovering as well as can be expected Francis!

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 01-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #18
Rosco Peabody
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Winter View Post
We are quite close to running a few first plays with the engine. Truth is that football is an incredibly complex game, maybe the most complex of them all. Especially what happens at the line of scrimmage is quite difficult to account for, but we are getting closer to actually having a working engine. Coding it is not even the issue all that much but rather figuring out on paper how it all should work. It's pretty much like inventing a board game (that's at least how I am feeling about it by now). I think we should be able to run beta tests with the engine quite early next year. Hope this is some good news, apart from that still not all that much to report.

Wondering if you are still on track to being able to run beta tests with the engine soon