Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 07-12-2008, 11:56 AM   #101
Hubertdd1
Minors (Double A)

I am looking to join a league - I don't have aim but I am always available through e-mail.

- Feel free to private message me if there is an opening in any leagues.

I Haven't been in a league for two years. Before that I was part of the NBSL run under Rajun Cajun until its demise. I was in that league for a long time. I believe I had a team for 14 seasons.
Hubertdd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:17 PM   #102
ublheadmaster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Looking to Join a League

I'm looking to fill a little time with my baseball season now over and I'd like to get back into the game of OOTP. My last experience in OOTP was running a 6.5 league for nearly a year, completing almost 4 seasons. I ran into issues when I tried expanding and ultimately I had to close due to those issues.

I'd like to join a 2008 league that sims probably no more than 2 times a week, or if it does, the sims are not too many games. Also, I'd have to join a league that does not require the new version of OOTP. I have a lot of experience in OOTP and other sim leagues, I've been GMing and Commishing on and off for over 10 years. Please contact me via PM if you are looking for a GM.

ublheadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #103
MacDeuce
Bat Boy

Looking for an MLB League

Hi,

I'm an OOTP'er from way back and was interested in getting back into an online league.

I am interested in a league that uses current major leagues in the current major league format.

Thanks!
MacDeuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #104
Pommpie
Minors (Single A)

Looking for a League

Hey. As the title and the fact that I'm posting in this thread implies, I'm looking to join an Out of the Park league. Now, before you commishes leap on me like starving dogs on a ribeye steak (since I know you want to), I should make it clear what I want.
  • I have never been in an OOTP league before. I only vaguely understand how they work. I need a league that will tolerate my foibles and let me figure out what's going on. For what it's worth, I have no plans to go nuts firing off random trades and getting rid of all my best players for prospects.
  • I prefer fictional or historical-fictional leagues. As a proud Canadian, having a Canadian team available or letting me move the team is a plus.
  • I have Things To Do, so I prefer a slower simming pace and/or a league that won't can me if I don't send instructions in all day every day.
  • An IRC room or some sort of optional chat room for sims is a plus.
  • I prefer rules that are at least in the vicinity of real baseball rules. No 50-man active rosters or any crap like that.
  • I detest leagues that let you increase the attributes of your players for being active/sucking up to the commish better than anybody else/what have you.

As for what I'd give you in exchange for putting up with all my crap?
  • I've never been in an OOTP league before, but I've been in my share of Eastside Hockey Manager leagues, so I know a thing or two about the general concept of league play.
  • I've done some web and graphics work for those same leagues (you can see some of my work at Eastside Hockey Super League - We Will Astound You and from my own league at Pommpie's Über Hockey League), so if you need any help with that, I can lend a hand.
  • I'm one of those guys who makes jokes about things pretty well all the time. Whether this is good or bad depends on your perspective.
  • I tend to have a consistent plan with the teams I run. I don't tear it all down one week and load up for a playoff run the next. In fact, I try not to tear it all down at all, simply because winning is fun.

If you're interested, feel free to PM me or, more reliably, e-mail me at me@benmassey.ca with what your league is all about.
Pommpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:45 AM   #105
Battle3
Bat Boy

I Am Looking To Get Involved In a League With Dedicated GM's, Been Doing Sims For a Few Years Now. I Don't Own The Game. You Can Reach Me By PM Or E-mail At Hurricanegame23@verizon.net Thank You
Battle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:52 PM   #106
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

Are there any established fictional leagues that don't require AIM or other types of instant messaging software?

Are there any established fictional leagues that sim just 2 times a week?

If so, I can be reached via forum PM.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #107
CrimsonFox
Bat Boy

Looking for a great league with lots of stats, records, and such kept. Have played in HH and OOTP leagues before.

email: crimsonfox@comcast.net
msn: crimsonwolf42@hotmail.com
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #108
CrimsonFox
Bat Boy

hey there,
I'm looking for a league. Any version, any type of league. Please let me know if you have any openings.

email: crimsonfox@comcast.net
msn: crimsonwolf42@hotmail.com

thanks

Matt
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #109
seg4527
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey,

I was in some OOTP leagues a few years ago, had to drop out of them due to time constraints (college/work).

I just bought OOTP9 about a week ago, my first since 6, and am looking forward to joining up in a league.

My interests are pretty wide. Pretty much anything historical or anything fictional.

Last edited by seg4527; 03-27-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: removed e-mail
seg4527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:32 PM   #110
Robert Savard
Minors (Double A)

Bseball Retro

We are almost at the end of our first season, and we still have a long way to go, but we are planning for next season, and to be at full rosters we will need 2 GM to complete the rosters, the team available are Baltimore, Atlanta, If you are interested to become part of a 6.5 group just email me

LOHO - An OOTP Baseball League

r.savard5@bell.net

Looking to see you there

Last edited by Robert Savard; 09-22-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Robert Savard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:01 PM   #111
bigdgp2
All Star Reserve

I've been in and out of online leagues since OOTP4. I'm looking to get back into the online experience again. I used to prefer new leagues, but now I would prefer something with some history. One of the reasons I quit playing online is because all of the leagues I joined in the past have failed.

Preference: Modern leagues [Prefer MLB like leagues.. real teams/players]
AIM: PhilliesBBall21

Here's hoping some leagues are open.
bigdgp2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #112
A. Priest Sr.
Bat Boy

league wanted

been playing sim ball since before the milenium.
have had all engines and now have ootp9.
would like to be the phillies in a brand new league, but i am open to all ideas and concepts.
please reply to
homerjr3@hotmail.com
A. Priest Sr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #113
Full0fnasty
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been in OOTP Leagues for a while now, have been away doing some stuff for a couple months now but am ready to jump back into the mix.....I don't have ootp so would need a league that doesn't require one...looking for a league that isn't too old, but has a good group of GMs!

anyways my email is korey.simon@gmail.com and my AIM is billabongpnkrckr, so you can catch me there
Full0fnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #114
randycsz
Bat Boy

I haven't played OOTP since OOTP 5, so I am looking for a league that is welcoming to rookie OOTP 9 owners!

publcommish@yahoo.com

Randy
randycsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:48 PM   #115
hbomb
Minors (Double A)

Looking for a league

I'm an old school baseball sim-jock, who stated with Earl Weaver Baseball, and now find myself loving OOTP.

I've never played online league play.

I have a superfast quad computer set up, and you'll find no issues with me abandoning a league in mid-play.

Would be interested in leagues with real players. Likewise the following geographic locations appeal to me:
- Toronto
- Atlanta
- Buffalo
- Vancouver
- Montreal

I'm not too picky, let me play please.
hbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #116
Hubertdd1
Minors (Double A)

Looking for a league to join. I have OOTP 9 and have been playing it for a week straight and I really enjoy it thus far!

I am long time OOTP'er. I have been playing from OOTP 2 until OOTP 6. I am looking for the following

Era - Modern League
Names - Real or Fake names
Preferences - I would prefer to join a league with a little bit of history. I am looking to devout my time to one league and one league only and I know leagues tend to fail. So I am looking for a league that is already in its 3-4th sim year with still strong participation
Sims - 2 or 3 sims a week. With 7-10 days per sim

Information about me

I have played in 3 online league. I only over lapped once. I played in the NBSL for aprox 2-3 years (Not sim years). That is the most recent league, I don't remember the other leagues I played before that.

I am very active and I am competitive!

Shout me an e-mail at jfancir@hotmail.com
Hubertdd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #117
kev24fan
Major Leagues

Looking for a league

I am looking to join a historical baseball league. Have been in a few leagues before. Been in online OOTP leagues. I have OOTP9 and also AOL and YAHOO messengers.

Contact me if you have an opening at kev24fan@mchsi.com
kev24fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:29 AM   #118
taylor62085
Bat Boy

Newbie looking for league

I have never been involved with OOTP before but it looks right up my alley. I am looking for a league that is as realistic as possible. Including running seasons in real time. For example, only playing the 2008 season in 2008. There may not be leagues that do this but if there is could someone point me in the right direction. I work for an independent league baseball team but unfortunately none of my duties include player personnel (and never will). So this seems like the next best thing. Thanks.

Also, my email is taylor62085@yahoo.com

Last edited by taylor62085; 07-22-2008 at 12:38 PM. Reason: forgot to put email
taylor62085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #119
disguyyy
Bat Boy

disguyyy=newguyyy

Hey all,

New to OOTP, really digging it and ready to venture into an online league. I'm punctual and dedicated and all the other traits I would think are needed in a good league member. The only drawback would be having to kinda teach me the ropes of an online league and the nuances. I hope to hear from someone. Thanks.

T
tonyp.inaz@yahoo.com

Last edited by disguyyy; 07-22-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: forgot e-mail and contact info
disguyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #120
Larsen
Bat Boy

I'm new to OOTP but have been playing a lot - solo - since the day it came out. I've been in BBPro leagues but would really like to join an OOTP league. Preferably a MLB with current roster style league. I'm dedicated, punctual and maybe even a little obsessed ...
... so let me know if you have a spot available.
larsencain@hotmail.com
or AIM me at LarsenCain
Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote