Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2007, 11:59 PM   #1
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Downloading files

Iv'e been able to download most files posted on the message boards into the game. However, some files result in an "error" message once I click on the file saved to a folder, for import into the game.

For example, from "Lightweight Landslide" all of those files unfortunatley result in an error message. The only difference I notice so far between those files and the ones that have downloaded successfully is they are labled as "TBDX2" files.

Any suggestions for how I can get all those fighter files into the game?
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #2
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

It sounds as though you have versin one of the game and are trying to import files from version two.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #3
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Thank you! I've downloaded the updated version of 2.0 and was able to get those "Light Weight Landslide" files into the game.

[Had a young George Feeney 10-3 (3) challenge Andy Ganigan 30-2 (26). After sending Feeney to the canvas 3 times in the first round, Ganigan was declared the winner. Quite a display of power. Lots of fun. On the undercard a comebacking Tony Danza sent the fans home happy with a KO2 of the much smaller Jose Palacios 6-13-1 (2).]

Lots of fun. Thank you.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Trouble logging into the game

Today when I've attempted to log into the game, instead of a date appearing I get:

"No rating record found for Joe Baksil! An empty rating record will be created."

I click the "OK" box and the same message appears with a fighters name next in the alphabet, Raul Balbi, after Baksil. To leave the site I've had to shut down the computer entirely.

Any suggestions? I've been downloading many files recently from Cornerwork and the message board. Could this have something to do with the problem?
Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #5
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Is there a way to retrieve records from a damaged database?

I followed the instructions on "FAQ: Games always started fine, but now it crashes during starting."

The good news is the game is now working.

The bad news is I went from 7,000+ fighters/files to 3,000 and all the records/data are brand new. None of the fights held in the damaged data base carried over to the new database.

Is there a way to retrieve the good fighters/files from the damaged database and put them into the new database?
Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #6
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I followed the instructions on "FAQ: Games always started fine, but now it crashes during starting."

The good news is the game is now working.

The bad news is I went from 7,000+ fighters/files to 3,000 and all the records/data are brand new. None of the fights held in the damaged data base carried over to the new database.

Is there a way to retrieve the good fighters/files from the damaged database and put them into the new database?
This is a bug which has been discussed at length by others who have experienced it. The only reason I haven't, I think, is I don't download other peoples' creations. I'm hoping this is something that the techs are working on.

Cap
Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Crimson
All Star Reserve

Database questions

1) How do you change the name of a database?

2) How do you delete a database?

3) Is it possible to retrieve fighter files from a damaged database and then put them in a new database without losing the fighter ratings?

4) How do you create a backup database?

Last edited by Crimson; 09-30-2007 at 04:36 PM.