Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 11-10-2003, 01:08 AM   #1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question To League...AND not to League...can I?

Hey.........
Dear Guys-in-the-big-leagues,
When I buy the new OOTPB5, will I be able to run my solo career as well as joining an on-line league!? I see many of you have multiple teams.... I could do that with just the one purchase?
Also........ what about running a historic league? That's a big question.... can I run my own historic league.. and yet keep the modern stats that will come with the disk for a second (third? fourth?) league??
Thanks, 1964...... "it's not just a year..... it's a curse in Philly"
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:27 AM   #2
satchel
Hall Of Famer

You can run all the different kinds of leagues you want. They won’t interfere with each other. It doesn’t cost anything but time to be an owner in an online league. In the past, when you bought the game you got a couple of virtual ’applications’ to join leagues on the official company server. That’s no more though.
FL New Orleans Black Sox ’56 ’57 ’58 ’59
satchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:53 AM   #3
rem
Hall Of Famer

E) All of the Above

2005 Winner of LL's Pick the Loser Contest! - 15-0
rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 02:08 AM   #4
tim_uwrf
Hall Of Famer

they are all sepearte files and like satchel said, they don't interfer with eachother...i do recommend not starting to many, like 1 fictional league/ or modern day league, 1 Historical League (if you choose) and no more than 2 Online leagues

so like ~4 leagues in total, unless you are really good at keeping up with all of them (they are not easy work)
tim_uwrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 07:41 AM   #5
dougaiton
Hall Of Famer

Re: To League...AND not to League...can I?

Quote:
Originally posted by 1964
what about running a historic league? That's a big question.... can I run my own historic league.. and yet keep the modern stats that will come with the disk for a second (third? fourth?) league??
Unlike some other baseball games, you do not need to buy a specific disk to run particular seasons. All you need to do is download the Lahman database (available at www.baseballone.com) or Ankit's superior version (I don't know where that's hosted) and each time you create a new hsitorical league the game will draw from that database the information to set up the new league. As each league stores its records in it own league file, that baseabll universe will exist only there and, as others have said, run independently.

The great strength of OOTP is its versatility. You can run as many styles of league as you like, and just have great fun with it.
dougaiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 03:04 AM   #6
Minors (Rookie Ball)

WoW!! Where do I sign up!? (Oh.... here...that's right)
OK So I WILL make it a great gift for myself (as well as for a friend.... I wanted to buy a disk for everyone I knew but... let's get real.... ) and I'll keep a close eye on just how many 'alt. universes' I create.

Philadelphia Stars.... You've heard of them...in Scotland? Hehehe

Here's hoping none of us have any technical problems and we can all enjoy.... Go Phillies! [..in your new park which isn't finished.. like I'm ever going to get a tix there.... we lost 20,000 seats! and NOW the team is getting good! (but I really liked 2001 Phillies... like this year... in it to the last weekend!)... and what a dramatic closing ceremony!... Schmidt, Carlton, even Rose was there in the highlight reels!]
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 04:37 AM   #7
Crapshoot
Hall Of Famer

1964- the really cool thing is that you can set up anything in real or fake baseball, and tailor the environment in general, be it a heavy HR era or a high strikeout era, or so forth- the possibilities are endless. Also, OOTP6 comes out sometime in March or April I imagine- if you're very short on cash, OOTP 5 might be worth holding off on until then- personally, its 35 bucks that provide a real bang for the buck as far as Im concerned.