Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 12-15-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

pinq: Matt Arnold - When Will the Final Patch Be Out for OOTP20?

Normally the final patch for a game version is issued in July.
It is now December.
What is holding up the Final Patch for OOTP20?

Sorry, I'm quirky... I don't convert my leagues until the game is as good as it is going to get... I feel this is the safest thing for me to do... yes, I'm very conservative, but it has always worked well for me... never have any problems with the newest versions.

I would really like to use OOTP20 and see the improved animations and hopefully the other improvements over OOTP19.

Matt: would appreciate it if you would let the community know the expected date for the final patch.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 03:10 PM   #2
pgjocki
All Star Starter

I believe all the patches to the main game are complete as all the new stuff is geared towards Perfect Team.

I can't imagine what changes are coming that would cause you to delay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #3
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
I believe all the patches to the main game are complete as all the new stuff is geared towards Perfect Team.

I can't imagine what changes are coming that would cause you to delay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It would be nice if we got some official notice the OOTP Development Team... they have always done it in past years.

If the patches are only for Perfect Team, they should let the OOTP20 players know this.

I have no interest in Perfect Team... although I hope it does well, so that OOTP will have more developmental money.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:22 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We don't necessarily know when the final patch will be, since it depends on if any issues crop up or not that really need to be patched.

That being said, I think we're not really planning on any more patches this year afaik. So hopefully this is the last one, unless something unexpected comes up.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

According to my records, the last patch for OOTP 19 came out in February 2019, and OOTP 18's came out in January 2018.
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe a Roster one.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #7
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, man, but this isn't how software works. If Matt says December and then they find a game-breaking bug in January, would you rather they hold to that "promise" or actually release a bugfix? I suspect that they're finished with anything revolving around features and by now i'd hope they've got any major bugs quashed (I do have to say, this year's release never seemed particularly buggy to me, and for the first time I've been playing it on a Mac laptop and my PC desktop), but you never know and I for one don't want to see anyone setting anything in stone...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #8
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
We don't necessarily know when the final patch will be, since it depends on if any issues crop up or not that really need to be patched.

That being said, I think we're not really planning on any more patches this year afaik. So hopefully this is the last one, unless something unexpected comes up.
Lukas Berger, thank you.
You and Matt Arnold are very responsive to our requests for information.
Much appreciate all of the OOTP Developmental Team.

I think I'll wait until the New Year and the league conversions... just in case something crops up.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 12-16-2019 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #9
micropterus58
All Star Starter

I have never had a problem importing an old league and continuing to update it throughout the year. Just make a backup of your old league(s) first. I am glad the developers keep updating and improving the game but hopefully they do need to work on the next version. Go for it, Eugene. See what most everybody has been playing for 9 months.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 04:59 PM   #10
BirdWatcher
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
I have never had a problem importing an old league and continuing to update it throughout the year. Just make a backup of your old league(s) first. I am glad the developers keep updating and improving the game but hopefully they do need to work on the next version. Go for it, Eugene. See what most everybody has been playing for 9 months.
That's basically what I've been wanting to say too, Eugene. But I also respect that we all have our comfort zones and your league has been in existence a lot longer than my primary OOTP project, and I know how nervous I get sometimes about something going wrong in my W.P. Kinsella league. I'll also admit I am slow to download patches/updates as I'm always waiting first to hear whether anything went terribly wrong.

But I moved my WPK over to 20 a long time ago and haven't regretted it one bit.
So I guess what I'm trying to say, as respectfully and affectionately as possible, since you deserve that, is...well, come on in, the water's fine!

The Denver Brewers of the W.P. Kinsella League--
The fun starts here(1965-1971: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=289570
And continues here (1972-1976): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=300500
On we go (1977- 1979): https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=314601
For ongoing and more random updates on the WPK:https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=325147, https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=330717
BirdWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 05:11 PM   #11
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micropterus58 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty much SOP for me and I assume other solo players to just keep using my league through patches. The most I've seen is that sometimes a relatively new rating will have to get tweaked a bit and so if I've started a league in an early patch some of the results might be weird (I remember in particular there was a thing like 10 versions ago where catchers all had really high gap power numbers for some reason), but even at that the underlying game engine itself has not had major changes for a few years now.

I think, too, that the last couple versions have been pretty stable out of the gate in ways that previous versions weren't. Even then I think the "ideal" way to go (which, TBH, I never even began to do because Thrift ain't waiting that long) was to wait a month or two for the big patches to come out. You really don't need to wait until the World Series is almost over to start playing the latest version.

Finally, I have to say that this method is kind of a detriment to yourself because at this point, if your style of play happens to uncover a bug that nobody else noticed, it might be too late for the team to get it on a list for this year's version. And so you're going to have to wait an entire year to see if the fix works for you (which, speaking as a developer, on our end all we're really doing when it comes time to quashing bugs is looking at the bug and the steps to reproducing it, replicating it, fixing the issue that was causing it, and sending it back to QA to test. Of course we'll try to do integration testing and the like but, well, sometimes fixing a bug in one place uncovers one in another place and that is what we have testers and, as the product matures, end users for in a way).
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:14 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Eugene, I was just thinking about you when I went to the "OOTP 20 Hotfix Update (Version 20.8.74) Released!" thread to see if there were any updates (I overlooked that the thread is closed, so no updates). You did see that thread, correct?

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Eugene, I was just thinking about you when I went to the "OOTP 20 Hotfix Update (Version 20.8.74) Released!" thread to see if there were any updates (I overlooked that the thread is closed, so no updates). You did see that thread, correct?
Sure did... but thanks for pointing it out anyway.

It's a new day for OOTPB... a new way of operation... we'll just have to wait until the release date to find out anything about new features and such.

Since I wait until the final patch of the current version to convert my leagues to the new versions, I'm in no hurry... soon I will convert OOTP19 to 20... but, it will be a year before I convert from OOTP20 to 21... I want the game to be as perfect as it going to be before I convert... will switch my dynasty leagues when OOTP21 is released... but I always buy the new version right away at the full price of $39.99, so Markus will be supported financially for his wonderful creation... I want him to make the maximum profit... the more he prospers, the better the game will get in all probability.

Last edited by Eugene Church; 01-26-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #14
DirkGildun
Minors (Single A)

I do the same thing as you do. I buy the current version of OOTPB (now 20) when it's on sale, and import my years-old league from the previous version (19) into the currrent one (20) when they've announced that there will be no more updates to the current version (20). So I'm waiting too.

BTW, the last update to version 19 came out last year on 2/13 (or thereabouts).
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #15
84CubsFan
Major Leagues

I’d really like to see this adjusted back before the dev team moves on to 21. It’s a game-breaking bug for leagues that use ghost players.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=302783
84CubsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:55 PM   #16
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84CubsFan View Post
I’d really like to see this adjusted back before the dev team moves on to 21. It’s a game-breaking bug for leagues that use ghost players.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=302783
Too late. Dev team has been working on 21 for months by now.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote