Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-18-2019, 06:27 PM   #1
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Thumbs down Is it really impossible to import a v18 saved game into v20?

This is horrific! I've been playing OOTP for ~15 years, and it did not use to be impossible to import a saved game from any version other than the previous year's. Is it then simply infeasible to continue a dynasty unless you have the kind of household budget that allows you to spend $40 every year on a new version of the game? Say it ain't so.

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.
Elendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
This is horrific! I've been playing OOTP for ~15 years, and it did not use to be impossible to import a saved game from any version other than the previous year's. Is it then simply infeasible to continue a dynasty unless you have the kind of household budget that allows you to spend $40 every year on a new version of the game? Say it ain't so.
I dont have 20 but if you want to put the file on mediafire i will convert it from 18 or whichever previous version (14-19) to 19 then you can update it to 20. I only need to .DAT files but then you would have to redo uniforms and stadiums. Zip the entire thing and post the mediafire link here and i'll do what i can.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #3
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:

You should be able to get the 19 demo to do your import. I've played OOTP for 10 years and as far as my memory can recall, you've always had to import from the previous version without the ability to skip between versions. Perhaps it was different before my time.

So basically, download the OOTP19 demo, import your league from 18 there, then go in OOTPXX and import your then OOTP19 save.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #4
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Fyi

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=304635
2032 & 2040 World Champion
https://baseball-stars.com/
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
battists
Hall Of Famer

For the record, too, every year now you have been able to get OOTP for $20 at the All Star break.

It's also not really "horrific." Exactly how many games on the market let you import games even from previous versions, let alone TWO versions ago? Madden? The Show? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head that let you do that.

Last edited by battists; 07-18-2019 at 09:20 PM.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:55 AM   #6
Reed
All Star Starter

Horrific???
You must have a pretty good life, except for the fact you can not afford a $20 game once a year.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 10:35 AM   #7
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I dont have 20 but if you want to put the file on mediafire i will convert it from 18 or whichever previous version (14-19) to 19 then you can update it to 20. I only need to .DAT files but then you would have to redo uniforms and stadiums. Zip the entire thing and post the mediafire link here and i'll do what i can.

Wow, thank you. That's awesome. I'm not familiar with mediafire but will look into it and post when it's ready.

Heaven is kicking back with a double Talisker and a churchwarden stuffed with latakia.
Old 07-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #8
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You have always had to upgrade year to year, nothing has changed with v20. The good news is you can do that with demo versions of the game so you can easily use the demo to cover the years you don't buy.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it then simply infeasible to continue a dynasty unless you have the kind of household budget that allows you to spend $40 every year on a new version of the game? Say it ain't so.
Oh bother. I was not aware that you must move your dynasties to the newest version. I better delete mine right away before someone finds out...

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:48 PM   #10
cbbl
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
For the record, too, every year now you have been able to get OOTP for $20 at the All Star break.

It's also not really "horrific." Exactly how many games on the market let you import games even from previous versions, let alone TWO versions ago? Madden? The Show? I honestly can't think of any off the top of my head that let you do that.
Games, maybe few (or none, I don't really know), but it's not uncommon with other types of software .. Excel, Word, Parallels, even operating systems!

Personally, for what it's worth (and I know it's not a lot), it would be a nice feature, but as long as the demo method suffices all is good.

(For the record, I have 18 19 and 20, so only offering my un-asked for opinion on the matter!)
Old 07-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #11
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Oh bother. I was not aware that you must move your dynasties to the newest version. I better delete mine right away before someone finds out...

In my case, I had to, because I ran out of license keys due to a computer failure and then having to let my workplace wipe my work computer before transferring it to me as a personal computer. So I can't play 18 anymore.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #12
Elendil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post

Thanks again for your kind offer. I coudn't get Mediafire to work in a timely fashion, so I just downloaded the OOTP 19 demo and did the import myself.

Whew! I thought when I was locked out of my 18 game, my dynasty was done for good. I'm glad there's a way to chain demo versions and get this done.

Old 07-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #13
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

I recently converted OOTP12 to OOTP19... I used old versions that I still had... or the demos.... it took a very long time because of the 3 million files... but I successfully did it... I just have to reinstall all of my logos, jerseys, caps and stadiums.

And this time, all of my archives were successfully transferred.

The reason I never converted the OOTP12 league for 6 or 7 years was because when OOTP13 first came out, the conversion was corrupted and did not include my archives... I just never tried it again until OOTP19 came out.

Wish I hadn't given up so easily the first time.

I missed out on all the wonderful improvement for many years.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #14
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wrong. It has always been that way. The workaround has also been available as indicated in other replies. Why is it only bothering you now 15 years in?

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 02:17 PM   #15
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In my case, I had to, because I ran out of license keys due to a computer failure and then having to let my workplace wipe my work computer before transferring it to me as a personal computer. So I can't play 18 anymore.
You can have those keys reset for you by simply asking and providing, I think, just your email address.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 08:09 PM   #16
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Yep, I look forward to the all star break, not for the all star game, but getting OOTP
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote