Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-12-2019, 05:11 PM   #41
qcbandits
Banned

Infractions: 0/4 (4)
btw
Thank you to whoever pinned this. It's my first pinned thread ever

Here's the link for todays (Yesterday's) release.
Again, I'm sorry to have missed my targeted date. My computer was most likely hating the new Windows 10 update because it was after that installed that it decided to go stupid

Last edited by qcbandits; 05-18-2019 at 12:51 PM.
qcbandits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:45 AM   #42
mdouglas11
Bat Boy

Download link is not working.

I get taken to a Mediafire webpage saying the file I'm attempting to download isn't there.

How can I download this file?

Thanks. I'm a newbie and not at all familiar with how to get actual photos into OOTP20. I'm replaying the 1969 season and really want to get actual photos into my replay.

Thanks
mdouglas11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #43
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdouglas11 View Post
I get taken to a Mediafire webpage saying the file I'm attempting to download isn't there.

How can I download this file?

Thanks. I'm a newbie and not at all familiar with how to get actual photos into OOTP20. I'm replaying the 1969 season and really want to get actual photos into my replay.

Thanks
Just came right up for me, so I'm not sure?
Did you use the link in the last post?
the one right above yours?
Old 04-18-2019, 02:42 AM   #44
qcbandits
Banned

Quick little update...

We've been pushing out an average of 1,000 to 1,500 new FGs pretty much every two weeks. Next week's release will probably be fairly light tho.

I've begun working on the process of setting up the game that I will play for the summer. I'll still find FGs to make, but in the game it's slower than if I'm working off the checklist we have
Old 04-19-2019, 02:58 AM   #45
qcbandits
Banned

So.... 4 1/2 days worth of work and the saved game no longer loads UGH

So i posted in the Tech support forum and in the mean time, back to FGs
for all intensive purposes, the Can-Am league is done
Old 04-22-2019, 04:37 AM   #46
qcbandits
Banned

Pacific Association is done. Working on some Cuban, Asian, Mexican, Draftees and a handful of AZL/GCL guys...
\

I've got a job that we could use someone to help us, takes not ability to make FGs. Just the time to do some searching in the game and online..

I've got a folder of just about 6000 FGs that fell bwtween the cracks and need to be checked to see if we need them in the game ...
Old 04-22-2019, 06:31 PM   #47
qcbandits
Banned

Question going forward...

Do you guys want us to continue the bi-weekly releases, or have unscheduled milestone releases? like say 2500 new FGs?
Old 04-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #48
kjb023
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcbandits View Post
Question going forward...

Do you guys want us to continue the bi-weekly releases, or have unscheduled milestone releases? like say 2500 new FGs?

I'd say milestone release. That way you don't necessarily get "locked in" to having to put out a release every two weeks. I also think you should just post the "update" instead of just adding the new facegens to one big file. So that someone can just download the new stuff as a "supplement" instead of the whole file again. Don't know if that was the way you were gonna do it already or not.
kjb023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:01 PM   #49
qcbandits
Banned

Honestly, I usually forget and lump it into my main file every few days so as I'm adjusting the rosters how I want them i will see how some of these look in game... but I will try to remember!

One of my problems is I have so many FG_Files on my desktop HAHA
FG_Files which is the shortcut to the one in the game's folder
FG_Files (OLD) which is the original file which had 60k some FGs with many duplicates and everything
FG_Files (ORIGINAL) which is the file the game ships with that eventually I'll go through and rename so the default game folder will use BBRef ID as the primary naming conversion
FG_Files (NAME CONFLICTED) which is all the FGs that will be used when Fancyskunk and I get the 1500 or so incorrect BBRef IDs he found that are not right
FG_Files (STAFF) which I've been holding off on their own for the time being so we can most of them to use Historical Lahman which is the only ID available to staff that is 100% distinctive per player.
and of course FG_Files (NEED TO BE CHECKED) Which is the leftovers after Tnarg so graciously helped use batch re-naming to to about 23,000+ FGs for me a while ago. and there's still over 6,000 that either aren't in the modern database or are not named correctly.

Oh, and FG_Files (DONE) which is the ones we're currently working on

So, Yes i have a hot mess on my desktop as this project moves forward at a wonderful pace...

Publically I'd like to recognize all the work that Fancyskunk has done! I'd have gotten overwhelmed and given up without him working his butt off making FGs along with me on this.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:51 PM   #50
nameisryan
Bat Boy

Was about to ask that question lol. forgot to move over a few pages XD good thing i checked before i asked
nameisryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #51
nameisryan
Bat Boy

Chaning File Names

Here's a quick question. When we copy over the fg files to the OOTP folder, do we need to rename each file or should OOTP recognize the files already?
nameisryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:16 PM   #52
Tom88
Minors (Double A)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1690536036
Does this not remove this database of historical players? Because there are 60,000 of them.
Tom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #53
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

I dump everything in that folder. So, no. I also try to keep it updated with FGs as I create them or as I find new FGs created by others.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 01:06 AM   #54
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom88 View Post
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1690536036
Does this not remove this database of historical players? Because there are 60,000 of them.
Eventually this will grow to include the entire historical set but the focus is on current day first and foremost. It's a work in progress tho
Old 04-28-2019, 01:08 AM   #55
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameisryan View Post
Here's a quick question. When we copy over the fg files to the OOTP folder, do we need to rename each file or should OOTP recognize the files already?

The game recognizes this naming format better than the original format because there is no need for middle names and initials because the BBRef ID which this is using is unique to players regardless of how many players have shared a name during the history of baseball
Old 05-10-2019, 03:36 PM   #56
mrbadguy
Minors (Triple A)

Is this still available? Ive clicked link but getting a "something must be missing" message notice.

Thanks.
mrbadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #57
Six String Guild
Bat Boy

Hey, I'm trying to get an understanding of the FaceGen functionality so here are a couple of newbie questions:
1. I downloaded the recent file from the mediafire link and went through the instructions. I looked up a few players and question whether I'm missing a step. For example, I looked up Mike Trout and he has a black chin beard, which as we all know isn't Mike Trout. Am I missing a step? Is there something in the game itself that I have to do to install or configure like what is done w/ new stadiums?
2. Is it possible to take actual jpegs (or some kind of image file) and just incorporate those? Like the actual pics from Baseball Reference? Thanks.
Six String Guild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #58
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Six String Guild View Post
Hey, I'm trying to get an understanding of the FaceGen functionality so here are a couple of newbie questions:
1. I downloaded the recent file from the mediafire link and went through the instructions. I looked up a few players and question whether I'm missing a step. For example, I looked up Mike Trout and he has a black chin beard, which as we all know isn't Mike Trout. Am I missing a step? Is there something in the game itself that I have to do to install or configure like what is done w/ new stadiums?
2. Is it possible to take actual jpegs (or some kind of image file) and just incorporate those? Like the actual pics from Baseball Reference? Thanks.
What you need to do is download file, unzip it... then go to your documents folder (if it's not a mac) then go into the OOTP folder and delete the current FG_Files folder and then copy the downloaded one into its place and they should automatically show up in any newly created game. In any existing game, the process adds a step...
You would have to go through each team and go to team settings and under modify team colors logos and textures at the bottom it says update this team's pics now

click that

FYI in my saved games Mike Trout is beardless
Old 05-13-2019, 03:05 PM   #59
qcbandits
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbadguy View Post
Is this still available? Ive clicked link but getting a "something must be missing" message notice.

Thanks.
Did you use this link?

Last edited by qcbandits; 05-18-2019 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:52 PM   #60
qcbandits
Banned

Small update....

This project is massive in scope and is causing burn out. I am not abandoning it... but I am seeking more help... looking for a couple guys to come in, do a couple leagues and then see where things stand