Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2002, 02:47 PM   #21
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally posted by Long_Long_Name
Hey 1901... if you want special features, look in my sig, I'm planning to start such a league and make it work. However, I need some people
Thanks for the offer. I'll think about it and will let you know
Old 10-24-2002, 09:40 PM   #22
Specs
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by 1901HistoryLeague
You are right.. I was online every night.. at work. I don't sim games from my work pc, because if I did I would probably get fired.
Where do you work? I only ask this because I assume based on your AIM profiles (posting your high school schedule is usually a dead giveaway) that you were a student, and I don't know many places that give students "work pcs". This still doesn't explain the ignorance of e-mails sent to a yahoo.com account.

Quote:
Originally posted by Markus Heinsohn
Specs, your avatar made my day... damn human emotion chip
Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:59 PM   #23
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

I took a summer job at my moms work in Bedford, New Hampshire as I was her aid, working in her office taking calls and helping her out. That's all you need to know.. as I'm not going to tell you anything about my personal life to try and prove anything. I don't see why you have to keep prosecuting me.. do you want me to die? You seem to be the only person who questions me left and right, over a video game. Please.. leave me alone Mr. Specs. You keep trying to dig into my life to find an error in my story, and there hasn't been one. So please stay out of my life and stick to your "what if" leagues.

Either way, I quit the league, because I could have started it up again, but I didn't. So yes.. you are right, I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit, I quit. There.. now will you get off my back?
Old 10-24-2002, 10:09 PM   #24
wardog
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by 1901HistoryLeague
.....everytime I post, I get attacked. It's not fair.. so there for I won't post anymore. Good Day
AH-MEN!

Shut up!

What is fair?
taking peoples' time and energies and wasting them by dumping a league over, and over and over and over again
Is that fair?

So you won't post anymore?
That's great, go away and shut up already. How many chances do you want?

And why is the truth, an attack?
You made this bed of nails, chum, we didn't. Go lie down on it.
Old 10-24-2002, 10:21 PM   #25
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the opinion.

Don't know who you are, so I can't really say much.

1) Have I not already agreed with what everyone said about wasting peoples time? Thats right.. I've already known I did that, and had apologized for it in the past. To be "fair", I dumped 1 league where people besides me put effort into it. The other leagues never got off the ground, and I was the only one who had put effort in at that time

2) I don't need any more chances. I am currently happy with the league I have, therefore I don't need any more.

3) Telling me to shut up isn't really a good way to make your opinion stronger.

4) When did you get involved in this? Mistake me if I'm wrong (if I am I'm very sorry) but you were never in the TBTC so to call me a "chum" and insult me over the internet without knowing me is not really the most intelligent thing to do. People like Specs have a right to insult me from time to time, because I wasted his valuable time. You, I did not, Ergo, don't say stuff about me

5) You could probably be 100,000 times better at commishing them I can be, but the fact that I have not once gone on a rampage and insulted people for no reason (like you just did) makes me feel like I'm the better person

Last edited by 1901HistoryLeague; 10-24-2002 at 10:26 PM.
1901HistoryLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 01:23 AM   #26
wardog
Bat Boy

Chum is an insult?

and as far as chances go
you were asking for one to kick off this post

when did i get invovled?
when you stopped simming to "work on the web site" only to start a new league leaving the other group of owners blowing in the wind

when did i get involved?
when you the "better man" sent a truely insulting email in response to my questioning about the first league

i'm just here to help warn others not to waste time in any of "your ideas"

if the truth is an insult
i guess this is insulting
Old 10-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #27
King of Diamonds
Minors (Single A)

nice looking site

The site looks nice. I really like the logo for the league. As for everyone getting on his case i am sure they have bitter feelings about the past leagues and obviously this guy feels bad about it but let the guy be. How is he going to get this league to work when established posters are blasting him. You might not think your voice carries weight but it does. Its hard enough to get good owners as it is. Even a bunch of leagues that have been around awhile have had major problems at some point. Give the guy another shot is what i am preaching. Don
King of Diamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 01:13 PM   #28
JDScorch
Minors (Triple A)

I don't really have a huge problem with one of my commish's shutting down a league due to time constaints, personal problems, or whatever. What I didn't like was Jaryd saying the league was on hiatus due to computer problems. 1 month later someone e-mailed him asking what the latest was, and he said he should have it fixed soon. From then on he refused to respond to any future e-mails to him in reference to the league. Can't you just send a league wide e-mail saying, "look guys I'm having a tough time of it, I gotta fold the league". I would have been fine with that. To just leave folks hanging, I think reflects on the immaturity of this commish. I think with age, Jaryd is going to end up being a fine commish, at this point I think he needs to concentrate on his one league and prove to all he can be a solid commish.
JDScorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:13 PM   #29
1901HistoryLeague
Minors (Double A)

First of all.. thanks to the last 2 posters, as I appreciate any thoughtful comments.

Now I know I'm gonna hear something from someone when I say this.. and if I do I'm going to be upset. I talked to the other 5 owners in KCB (2 hadn't responded to any emails within a week, so they were pretty much gone) and we decided to fold the league, as a unanimous decision.

I was told from 2 OOTP friends that with such a short season, we were bound to run into problems like players unable to grow due to the fact they don't play many games. So I discussed it with every owner, and we all decided to fold the league now, that way no one would be wasting any more time. I now see why people don't run "special" leagues, and they stick to the basic 140 to 162 game season. We all felt like there would be too much manual work and problems to keep such a small league going. Therefore, KCB will not be in operation. I'm very disappointed because I felt like I had something to prove to the people who said I was a bad commish, but I wasn't able to due to mechanical league problems.

So to the joy of many owners, I will stop commishing for as long as needed. I feel like I've put too much of a burden on people who tried hard. I am currently in 2 great run leagues, and what I will do is learn from these commissioners on what it takes to be a stand out comissioner, and I will build back my trust and reputation as a "very active owner, who devotes his ideas to leagues", and hopefully will be known as "Jaryd the classy owner" instead of "Jaryd the shi*ty Commish".

Therefore, I would like to apologize to a certain few:

Specs- Sorry man... you are a great and well experienced owner, and I realize how furious you must have been with a rookie commish like me who had problems. You were right all along, and now I see that

Batter up &Spleen- Sorry to you as well.. as you taught me that respect for owners is more then anything, and I should respond to every single email to let people know what is going well

JDScorch- You were one of my fav. owners in TBTC. You really were a great guy, and I loved talking with you about league matters. Sorry I let you down

Last edited by 1901HistoryLeague; 10-30-2002 at 05:17 PM.
1901HistoryLeague is offline   Reply With Quote