Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #1
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

I thought loading issues were addressed?

Just updated to 19.9.120 (Steam) this morning, and after the initial loading/install, I exited OOTP and re-entered it.

It took a full 3 minutes and 15 seconds from the time I clicked the "Play" button on Steam until I got to the OOTP main menu.

It shouldn't be this slow, should it?

Or does the number of files in the caps, jerseys, and logos folders affect the loading time?

My system specs:

Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHZ CPU
Intel HD4000 GPU
6GB RAM
7200rpm HDD
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:12 PM   #2
mess
Minors (Triple A)

I’m gonna be honest with you: a mobile i5 and 6GB of ram is pretty weak for this game. You want a full fledged desktop CPU and at least 8gb of ram.
mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:20 AM   #3
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mess View Post
I’m gonna be honest with you: a mobile i5 and 6GB of ram is pretty weak for this game. You want a full fledged desktop CPU and at least 8gb of ram.

Nah, that is not true. OOTP works well on such a computer. This seems to be a special problem on certain systems and we're working on it to fix the problem.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

check # of threads used.

make sure the # does not exceed physical cores of your cpu.... some CPU have a feature that looks like phyiscal cores are doubled -- even might say "8" instead of "4" on some system info screens, but nonetheless you have 4 cores.

use 4 threads in that case, not 8. *or however many your cpu has etc. 1/2 if you have that gimmicky feature that's useless 99% of the time.

someone else with smilar problem said that did help a bit... but he still had a 1min+ load time, which is insane.

i have an old pos i72600k from 2011/12ish and it pops open ootp19 in a matter of seconds. just tested -- 8 seconds on an old pos computer. i do have an SSD, but it's a cheap ssd at that with 5 or more years on it too.

if reducing threads doesn't do much, try "1" thread... if that improves, try "2" threads... but don't exceed # of physical cores.

why it happens to some:

if you have the cpu feature i spoke of (multithreading hyperthreading? amd/intel call it different things), the "Default" OotP setting will be the 2x physical cores value. so, don't leave it on "Default" if oyu go into bios and toggle this feature on or off. and if the feature is on, defintieyl do not leave it on "default" # of threads ever.

e.g. hyperthreading decreases heavy video encoding time by about 10% on my pc (but increases temp to a scary level if it's hours of work, lol). i don't leave it on for other things. i noticed ootp bumped me to 8 threads (default setting was left on) and i saw a similar slow-down whenever they added that feature 2-3 years ago.

Last edited by NoOne; 11-29-2018 at 08:26 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:00 AM   #5
Andreas Raht
Administrator

At first, you should make sure that you have the latest graphic card driver software installed. If it's the Microsoft driver, try the original driver from the grapic card manufacturer's website, too.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #6
Andreas Raht
Administrator

In build #122, you can start with the parameter noanimation added to the command line. That will increase loading speed (depending on the system).
Old 11-30-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Since I stopped Windows updates from happening 20 days ago, I am in the process of downloading the rest of the updates, which should include hardware drivers as well.

Will report back on the progress.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #8
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Updating Windows seems to have done the trick as far as OOTP loading times, but...well now I've got bigger issues.

After all the Windows updates were installed, it apparently corrupted my user profile so now I am having to practically re-install everything on a new profile.

For some reason, my previous Steam OOTP install put the OOTP files in the C:\Windows\system32/config/systemprofile/My Documents/ path, whereas my latest install has it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\Documents .

So now - I have to copy all my custom files to the new path.

Sheesh! What a mess!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:23 PM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

change the .cgf and ini files that relate to point to the existing directories... but by now might as well just complete the process of what you are doing.

you can ignore the early month updates form windows, but do install their late-half of month updates (Secruity updates and important only). don't stop updating completely if worried wait a day or two and a google search will tell you if peoplre are having major problems with forums posts exploding everywhere.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:11 AM   #10
ArcAngel
All Star Starter

Everything's good now.

I received the last Windows update on 11/30.

I uninstalled the dozen or so non-MS items I had, and re-installed them since apparently, even though I had selected the "install for all users" on them originally, it doesn't apply to new profiles it seems.

And OOTP loads within 15 seconds or so now.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:44 AM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

woot!