Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 05-21-2006, 08:57 AM   #41
RJB7777777
Minors (Triple A)

Thank you so much. Yes we had to start over a couple of times, but..... I learned my lesson well. I "Back Up" every Day now, so hopefully it will never happen again.

Thanks again, Rick (RJB7777777)
No-Hit ~ St Louis Cardinals
SCB ~ New York Mets
XHL ~ Toronto Maple Leafs
JADSBL ~ Detroit Cobras Asst GM
JADSBL ~ Player Handler
EPL ~ Player Handler
Retro Baseball ~ Washington Nationals

ATHFBL Web Site ~ www.athfbl.com/
ATHFBL League Page ~ http://www.athfbl.com/league/
ATHFBL E-Mail Address ~ ATHFBL@gmail.com

AIM ~ ATHFBL Rick
Yahoo ~ ATHFBL_Rick
RJB7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:15 PM   #42
genghisdunn
Minors (Double A)

I'm not sure where to put this, but I've taken over as commissioner of the RLPA from Scott Weitze. I guess we should update the profile as well:

League ID: 00031
League Initials: RLPA
League Full Name: Replacement Level Players Association
Defunct: No
Site Address: rlpa.org
Ad Thread:
Commissioner OOTP Forum Username: genghisdunn
Commissioner Real Name: UCCF
Commissioner Managed Team: Yes
Contact Preference: email
Email Address: optionj@gmail.com
AIM ID: none
Participants: Multiplayer
Role Played: Mixed
Players: Modern
Teams: 26
Openings: rarely
Fees: none
Game Version: 6.5
Game Needed: Required
Export Deadlines Days And Times: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5 PM EST
League Time Per Sim: 10 days/sim, 15 days/sim in August
Development: Career
Coaches And Scouts: Disabled
Ratings Scales: 1-100+
Evaluation Weightings: 67, 33, 0, 0
Era: Modern
Modifiers:
Financials: Enabled
Payroll Cap: Soft cap with luxury tax
First Season: 2004
Latest Season: 2014
Seasons: 11
Date Established: 2004-02-01
Founder: Scott Weitze
Last Updated: 12-05-2006
3rd Party Utilities: Catobase
Logo:
General Description: The RLPA is an active, very stable group comprised largely from members at Baseball Think Factory. Most participants skew toward the sabermetric pursuits of baseball - the league does its own VORP, FRAA, etc. calculations. We tend to turn over around one owner per season. An extensive collective bargaining agreement sets out financial, roster, trade, and free agent rules and is subject to modification every 4 seasons. In the first 10 seasons, 22 out of 26 teams qualified for the postseason at least once, and 6 different franchises have won the World Series. There is expansion planned in the not too distant future, perhaps to as many as 32 teams.

Last edited by genghisdunn; 12-05-2006 at 06:37 PM. Reason: To update information
genghisdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:21 PM   #43
rglass95
Bat Boy

I would like to get the password reset for the Hickory Baseball League (HBL / 00244). I have taken over commish duties from Qrashman this season.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #44
kq76
Global Moderator

bump
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:50 AM   #45
Recte44
Global Moderator

kq76:

I am the Commissioner of the Monty Brewster Baseball Association and I need to change some details about the league. I dont have a password to be able to do that. Can you help me out?
Old 11-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #46
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBC Chairman View Post
kq76:

I am the Commissioner of the Monty Brewster Baseball Association and I need to change some details about the league. I dont have a password to be able to do that. Can you help me out?
PM sent with a reset password.

You might want to update the link to the MBBA in your sig.

To anyone: While updating the MBBA's site address I found a slight glitch in the code that makes it so you can't leave out the "http://" part for a URI when adding or updating a league. I put up a red blinking warning there and I'll fix it later, but if you ever had a problem adding or updating a league before, that might have been the problem so try it with leaving the "http://" part there.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:14 AM   #47
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

The WCBL in all its incarnations have folded, so they should be removed.

Also, is there a way to recover a lost password?

Last edited by Raderick; 11-20-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Raderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 07:00 PM   #48
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raderick View Post
The WCBL in all its incarnations have folded, so they should be removed.

Also, is there a way to recover a lost password?
The WCBL has been set to defunct. Records are only deleted if they're duplicates or not of leagues (i.e. spam). This way records of defunct leagues can still be searched for info.

Passwords can only be reset at this time. I realize it might be a pain, but it was much easier to make. Maybe in the future I'll make some sort of lost password feature.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:37 AM   #49
RJB7777777
Minors (Triple A)

Please Help??

I must have done something wrong and forgot something. I want to up-date our League. Name of League ATHFBL, I must have forgot the password or ID Number could you please help??

Thanks, Rick(RJB7777777) E-Mail Address ATHFBL@gmail .com
No-Hit ~ St Louis Cardinals
SCB ~ New York Mets
XHL ~ Toronto Maple Leafs
JADSBL ~ Detroit Cobras Asst GM
JADSBL ~ Player Handler
EPL ~ Player Handler
Retro Baseball ~ Washington Nationals

ATHFBL Web Site ~ www.athfbl.com/
ATHFBL League Page ~ http://www.athfbl.com/league/
ATHFBL E-Mail Address ~ ATHFBL@gmail.com

AIM ~ ATHFBL Rick
Yahoo ~ ATHFBL_Rick
RJB7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 08:15 AM   #50
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
The WCBL has been set to defunct. Records are only deleted if they're duplicates or not of leagues (i.e. spam). This way records of defunct leagues can still be searched for info.

Passwords can only be reset at this time. I realize it might be a pain, but it was much easier to make. Maybe in the future I'll make some sort of lost password feature.
So I will have to start a new article on my league if I lost my password?
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #51
kq76
Global Moderator

Reset passwords PM'd to both of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raderick View Post
So I will have to start a new article on my league if I lost my password?
No, you can edit the existing record. I didn't get the impression that you wanted to change anymore about the league than just delete it so I just set it to defunct for you instead of resetting the password and sending it to you. You will have a problem updating it without a valid site address though. You'll have to ask me to edit the database itself.

I would like to ask everyone not to delete their league's info once it dies as people do like to check out old info.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #52
genghisdunn
Minors (Double A)

I just looked at the IOLD, and I see that all of the updated information I supplied for the RLPA has yet to be entered. Is there some other place I need to send it?

Or, just reset the password and let me know, and I'll go in and make the changes myself. I'd just like to get the site updated in case someone is trying to contact us through the old commish (who is no longer affiliated with the league).

Last edited by genghisdunn; 12-05-2006 at 06:42 PM.
genghisdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #53
kq76
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisdunn View Post
I just looked at the IOLD, and I see that all of the updated information I supplied for the RLPA has yet to be entered. Is there some other place I need to send it?

Or, just reset the password and let me know, and I'll go in and make the changes myself. I'd just like to get the site updated in case someone is trying to contact us through the old commish (who is no longer affiliated with the league).
Sorry, it must have gotten past me.

If it's just a minor change like setting a league to defunct, I don't mind making the change. But if there are several changes, I do prefer the commishes to make the changes themselves.

I tried to confirm from the site that you are the new commish, but I can't find where. Sites usually have a list of members or at least mention the commish or have his email address. Is there somewhere I can find this? If I can, I'll send you a reset password. I just don't want to be making changes or giving out a reset password unless I'm sure I'm giving it to the right person. I tried registering at the forum to see if I could do it that way, but it requires account activation by the administrator.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 AM   #54
genghisdunn
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76 View Post
Sorry, it must have gotten past me.

If it's just a minor change like setting a league to defunct, I don't mind making the change. But if there are several changes, I do prefer the commishes to make the changes themselves.

I tried to confirm from the site that you are the new commish, but I can't find where. Sites usually have a list of members or at least mention the commish or have his email address. Is there somewhere I can find this? If I can, I'll send you a reset password. I just don't want to be making changes or giving out a reset password unless I'm sure I'm giving it to the right person. I tried registering at the forum to see if I could do it that way, but it requires account activation by the administrator.
I see that you came by the boards. I activated the account for you.

There is a member list button at the top of the forum pages, though I don't think it specifically mentions anywhere who the commissioner is. Now that your account is activated, feel free to make a post in the league discussion forum and someone will confirm that it's me (UCCF).
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #55
kq76
Global Moderator

Cool Interactive Online League Directory

The Interactive Online League Directory (IOLD) is a listing of online leagues that is added to and updated by you.

Want to find a league to join that fits certain criteria? Check the IOLD. Want to check something out about a league you once read about? Check the IOLD. Curious about how many leagues there are of a certain type? Check the IOLD. Want another way to advertise your league? Add it to the IOLD, all on your own!

Brief instructions can be found on each page.

You don't need to be the commish of a league to add it, so if a league you're in or follow is not in the IOLD, go ahead and add it.

If you have an issue concerning an existing league entry, please include both the league's initials and ID# in your post so there is no confusion as to what league we are talking about.

If all you need is a reset password, please try that function on the help page first as it is automated. If that doesn't work and you still need a reset password to update a league and you're that league's commish, post and I'll try to get it to you asap.

If you're not the commish, but would still like something to be updated, post and I'll try to get to it eventually.

Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #56
kq76
Global Moderator

With the release of v2007, it would be nice to get as many as possible of the league records in the IOLD updated. If you need a reset password to update a league and you're that league's commish, post and I'll try to get it to you asap. If you're not the commish, but would still like something to be updated, post and I'll get to it eventually.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #57
mlb4
Minors (Double A)

Password Reset

I need a password rest for ID 00241 / MLBIV (Major League IV)

Please email it to me at commissioner@mlbiv.com

Thank you
mlb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:43 AM   #58
kq76
Global Moderator

Request for Help with the IOLD

Two things:

1) I'm looking for 3 or so people who wouldn't mind spending say a couple nights every month or so adding and updating records in the IOLD. It wasn't too much of a burden on me when there were only a hundred leagues or so in it, but we're approaching 500 now and with 3 different boards of leagues now it's getting difficult to try to keep it as up-to-date as I would like. I can easily handle the requests for reset passwords and what not, but I just don't have nearly the time I'd like to spend going through threads adding and updating leagues. Even if I didn't update it myself at all, it would still be somewhat useful, just not as useful as it could be. So that's what I would like from someone. I wouldn't exactly call it fun, but it can definitely be interesting at times as you do end up finding out a considerable amount about all the leagues and its members out there.

What I normally do is after a couple weeks or so I start at the bottom of a board's front page, click on a thread, skim it, see if it is in the IOLD already. If it is, I see if it could do with an update (most frequent is a change in the latest season, but changes in site address and commish are not uncommon) and if so, make the update. If it's not already in the IOLD, I add it with as much of the most basic info as I can easily find (I usually don't bother with stuff like financials and modifiers, but I try to get things like player type, version used, contact info, etc). It's not uncommon that I'll google the commish's forum username or AIM ID looking for a real name and email address. Sometimes if it looks like the league might already be in the IOLD, but I'm not sure (same or similar league name, but the site address is different and the old one no longer exists), I'll check the old site address with webarchive.org, go through the league's previous champions listing or its members list and if they match up pretty well I'll consider it the same league, move the site address to the old site address field and update it with the new address. If a league is defunct, all I do is set it to defunct as I don't think most of the rest matters all that much to most at that point.

Along with the thanks of myself and the community, you'll get an admin password, but you won't get to see passwords users create (not even I do as they're hashed). I'm going to prefer people I know and trust as even though backups are made and I automatically get sent emails of changes, I don't want to have to worry about maybe having to deal with any major problems. It would probably also be an asset if you've been in a number of online leagues so that you'll be familiar with where you can usually find information. As long as you're comfortable with working with the IOLD as a general user and are adept at searching for information, though, you won't need any further technical knowledge. I might give you access to the site's phpmyadmin in time, but you don't need to know how to use that. Anyway, if you wouldn't mind helping me out a bit with this, let me know.

2) I'd like to consider moving the IOLD somewhere else. It's currently hosted by OOTP, but Andreas took away ftp access some time ago and whenever I make changes to the files now, I find it a major pain going through so many hoops to change them. It's not frequent that changes are made, but when they are it's not as quick and easy as I'd like. If you wouldn't mind hosting it, let me know. I don't want someone to actually buy space for it though. I'll only consider an offer from someone who has hosting for something else anyway and this wouldn't cost them anything extra. Space and bandwidth most likely won't be an issue (all the somewhat lengthy email notifications I get of spam attempts the IOLD gets might be, but I can turn that off or just log them as they probably should be anyway). I would need a mysql database, though, with ftp access. It would probably be best if I had my own subdomain or folder without access to your stuff so that if you did have a problem that there was no question that it could have been me. So yeah, if you think you can offer this, that would be great. I can't say I'd take you up on it, but it'd be great to know there are options out there. I'd also have to ask Andreas because I can't remember if we made any deals implicitly or explicitly that it had to be hosted by them.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #59
Raderick
Hall Of Famer

Sent you a PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 PM   #60
kq76
Global Moderator

I just added an "Email Reset Password" feature to the help page of the IOLD. Now the entire process is automated. You don't have to wait for me and I don't have to do it manually every time. You do need to have an email address already listed in the record for it to work though and you need to have access to that email address. If you still need a reset password for some reason, you can of course still ask for a manually set one.