Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 09-16-2019, 04:35 PM   #181
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaha!!!

all 5 are probably posted by the same person.... put up one ridiculously priced, a few standard gouger level, and one "low" to make it look like a deal...
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:41 PM   #182
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
what?

For a mission that yields a Standard Pack? Wow, where's my Sam Elliot meme?
I just sold my Burke for 500PP. I couldn't bring myself to list it for more.

Last edited by Orcin; 09-16-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #183
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaha!!!
I sold my Lasorda for 2500pp this morning. It went fast.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #184
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

I'd let this auction

roll right between my feet.
Attached Images

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:49 PM   #185
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I sold my Lasorda for 2500pp this morning. It went fast.
You found a live one! Look, I don't blame people for taking what the market will bear. I just reserve the right to laugh at the most egregious examples.

Old 09-16-2019, 05:16 PM   #186
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Someone has completely lost their mind and has listed Perfect Cy, Walter, and Walsh for minimum bid with no buy-it-now. On a day when Collections are released and PP is being spent, this is terrible timing. And no minimum price protection? Madness! We'll see what they go for. Someone may get a good deal.

EDIT: Looks like there's a whole bunch of other cards too.. Griffey, Dimaggio, etc. Maybe somebody quitting Perfect team and fire-saleing their whole expensive roster.

Last edited by Argonaut; 09-16-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:20 PM   #187
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Someone has completely lost their mind and has listed Perfect Cy, Walter, and Walsh for minimum bid with no buy-it-now.
He listed a lot more than that...also see Griffey, Wagner, DiMaggio, Coveleski, and 99 Robinson. They all end at the same time, so must be same seller. Someone is dismantling their team. Maybe they want to start collections and need the points... or maybe they want to start over.

edit: I was posting while you were editing.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:13 PM   #188
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Well that is exciting.

I think the listings today show just how horrible collections have been for the health of the auction house overall though. So many copies of cards are being hoarded and kept out of circulation. There are over 38 pages of historical indians now, some cards with over 20! copies. ridiculous.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #189
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Well that is exciting.

I think the listings today show just how horrible collections have been for the health of the auction house overall though. So many copies of cards are being hoarded and kept out of circulation. There are over 38 pages of historical indians now, some cards with over 20! copies. ridiculous.
Agree with this. Is it just me, or were the first few round of collections before everyone figured it out, way more fun? Everything is so ridiculously inflated now.

I would hate to be a new player trying to build a team on the AH right now. Any player you're targeting is likely to just triple or quadruple in price on any given Monday.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:39 PM   #190
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Yep

I really hope next year takes the Ultimate Team SBC route. Add some actual thinking to the feature instead of just buying up everything knowing eventually it will pay off
Old 09-16-2019, 08:27 PM   #191
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

The way to lower prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
Agree with this. Is it just me, or were the first few round of collections before everyone figured it out, way more fun? Everything is so ridiculously inflated now.

I would hate to be a new player trying to build a team on the AH right now. Any player you're targeting is likely to just triple or quadruple in price on any given Monday.
is to approach missions and auctions with the cold, stony patience of a serial killer. We need to not be so impulse driven. See a card you want that costs more than the reward? Wait. Sooner or later, the seller will panic as he realizes that April isn't too far off, and his huge stash will be darn near worthless once 21 hits the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3oxD5dDSw

Old 09-16-2019, 08:42 PM   #192
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Yeah I'm seeing like 10+ copies of cards listed anywhere from 3-5x the usual price, with the odd one thrown in at like 100x, heh. I can't be bothered adding the ones I have to the giant mess.

Not to mention some of the price inflations take no note of mission rewards, either.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #193
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
is to approach missions and auctions with the cold, stony patience of a serial killer. We need to not be so impulse driven. See a card you want that costs more than the reward? Wait. Sooner or later, the seller will panic as he realizes that April isn't too far off, and his huge stash will be darn near worthless once 21 hits the market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_3oxD5dDSw
Or prices could soar even higher for rare and/or in demand cards like they did in 19 after the release of 20...

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 09:15 PM   #194
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

They could indeed. The question is, whose game will suffer? The guy who still wants to complete missions can wait patiently, and possibly draw the cards he needs or see it at a lower price, or wait for the first person sitting on a mountain to panic.

I'm betting the greedy will panic. They always do.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #195
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Wishing everyone a Happy Weimar Republic Day!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #196
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Someone has completely lost their mind and has listed Perfect Cy, Walter, and Walsh for minimum bid with no buy-it-now. On a day when Collections are released and PP is being spent, this is terrible timing. And no minimum price protection? Madness! We'll see what they go for. Someone may get a good deal.

EDIT: Looks like there's a whole bunch of other cards too.. Griffey, Dimaggio, etc. Maybe somebody quitting Perfect team and fire-saleing their whole expensive roster.
I thought about staying up to 2 AM hoping to snipe some deals but everything settled towards normal prices pretty well before that. Someone might have gotten Walter/Young for a 10-15% discount, too rich for my current points. Was hoping for Wagner but he went over last 7 with more than an hour to go. Ended up going all-in on Covelski but was already outbid then called it a night.
Old 09-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #197
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I thought about staying up to 2 AM hoping to snipe some deals but everything settled towards normal prices pretty well before that. Someone might have gotten Walter/Young for a 10-15% discount, too rich for my current points. Was hoping for Wagner but he went over last 7 with more than an hour to go. Ended up going all-in on Covelski but was already outbid then called it a night.
I got Walter for 400K (last 7 was 525K). Young also went for 400K. Here are the rest of the final prices: Walsh 260K, Griffey 300K, Wagner 357K, DiMaggio 200K, Coveleski 204K, and 99 Jackie 178K.

After the server resets in a few minutes, I will be able to see the team abbr. for the seller. I am curious.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:09 AM   #198
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
After the server resets in a few minutes, I will be able to see the team abbr. for the seller. I am curious.
The seller was MarkGracesSlumpBuster (Next Level Extreme Fitness).

Edit: He still has a very competitive roster, so he must have just decided to take his team in a different direction. I wish him luck.

Last edited by Orcin; 09-17-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #199
brrrdt1
Minors (Single A)

I picked up the Coveleski (sorry dkgo). I would've bid on the Young, but didn't quite have the budget for it. Really interesting to see those that came in at a discount and those that came in really close to the AAV.

brrrdt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #200
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrdt1 View Post
I picked up the Coveleski (sorry dkgo). I would've bid on the Young, but didn't quite have the budget for it. Really interesting to see those that came in at a discount and those that came in really close to the AAV.
That's a good price for the Coveleski anytime, but it's a huge bargain this week.