Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-21-2019, 12:32 PM   #1
LarryDu4
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just Curious

Wondering if anyone has been able to reach the highest level of this game without purchasing points? Personally, the best I've been able to do is the Diamond level...but was relegated (98 losses) to Gold where I'm still competitive.
LarryDu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #2
bobbycockstrong
Minors (Double A)

Im sure people did early on in the initial weeks. And im sure people still do. You need to remember that you dont need to "spend money" to get rich in game. You could just happen to pack and expensive card and sell it. People are often on here saying "I packed so and so should i sell it for 300k and buy a good team?"

My pack only team, which is not particularly good team relatively speaking, easily cruised to diamond and stayed there for 3 seasons even making the playoffs a few times. Im sure some people cruised up to perfect with no money spent in the initial rush, but whether they have stayed there this long - who knows.

Any way you look at it, its a two way problem after that initial wave of fast promotions in the first few weeks to fill the leagues: First you need to get a good enough team to perform well in the league and make the playoffs. Then you need to actually get to the last 4 to get promoted in some instances. So even if you do everything right, you could still fail to secure promotion. For example, I havent spent any money and won 125 games once - clearly dominating the league season, but was swept in division round and didnt get promoted. Im sure others have had the other end, slipping into WC, winning to conference championship or WS and getting promoted even if they were the 10-12th best record in league.
bobbycockstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:16 PM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryDu4 View Post
Wondering if anyone has been able to reach the highest level of this game without purchasing points? Personally, the best I've been able to do is the Diamond level...but was relegated (98 losses) to Gold where I'm still competitive.
I was. After four (maybe 3) seasons, I was bumped down to Diamond this week. The team was part of that initial rush to the top and wasn't really a Perfect level team though it usually won about 45% of their games (but dropped each year with more powerful teams being added each season).

It was three seasons. First two years I won 46% and 45%. I had only won 51% at Diamond and was promoted to Perfect because I had made the playoffs I guess.

Last edited by <Pion>; 01-21-2019 at 03:20 PM.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #4
Will_L
All Star Reserve

My NYC Subways Rats are in Perfect 403 after winning the championship in their Diamond 370 last season.
No pp purchased.

Last edited by Will_L; 01-21-2019 at 06:03 PM.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:35 PM   #5
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

IIRC, Markus said that just 5% of users spend money on PT. If a F2P user has about the same chance to reach the upper level as a P2P user, then we’d expect to see 28 F2P teams out of the 30 teams in each Perfect league (on average). I know that’s not happening. So, I wonder: What %-age of teams currently in Perfect leagues are F2P? 1 out of 30? It’d be interesting to find out.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
Socali
Minors (Double A)

That’s Really Impresive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post
My NYC Subways Rats are in Perfect 403 after winning the championship in their Diamond 370 last season.
No pp purchased.
The percentage of those reaching Perfect without spending money has to be really low. I think I could, possibly, if I had more time but I am so impressed with you and anyone who can accomplish this. Standing ovation and congrats!
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:18 PM   #7
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socali View Post
The percentage of those reaching Perfect without spending money has to be really low. I think I could, possibly, if I had more time but I am so impressed with you and anyone who can accomplish this. Standing ovation and congrats!
Anyone who was playing on Day 1 and pulled big cards and sold them could have earned $200+ in PP. You can put together a Perfect Team champ with that if spent wisely.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:31 PM   #8
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Anyone who was playing on Day 1 and pulled big cards and sold them could have earned $200+ in PP. You can put together a Perfect Team champ with that if spent wisely.
And then there are those who got squat from cards and did it with players bought with achievement PP.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #9
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My first team is in Diamond. I did spend $5 on points, but that is not enough to make a significant difference. I feel I could have been smarter about building the team. I probably wasted some PP. I paid very little attention to defense.

It is definitely harder to progress now than at the beginning. The number of teams being promoted each season has been drastically reduced.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:02 PM   #10
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

I won the World Series in the silver league thanks to triple crown winner JD and was promoted to the gold. I see a whole lot of teams with the same players I have.

Have not spent a penny.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:21 PM   #11
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

it's a slow journey but my F2P / pre-ww2 theme team is currently in the diamond leagues... I'd guess it'll take a few seasons at minimum for them to even think about promotion again (and that's assuming they play well enough to not get relegated); but stranger things have happened (didn't expect to move from gold to diamond so fast but here we are )
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:52 PM   #12
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Sure you can. I’ve even heard of one user who gained a coupla hundred thousand PPs through, um, unethical means. What’s worse is that he’s still rockin’ and rollin’ in PT, his opponents being none the wiser.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #13
Will_L
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socali View Post
You'd laugh at my team in S303, poor sods are ftp and haven't been lucky with the packs from day 1. Checked them early this morning and they're still sucking fumes at 11-14 and that was after three "upgrades" before I left for work yesterday.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:12 PM   #14
CajunGumbo
Bat Boy

I have never bought PP and I made it to the very first perfect league. I have been in a perfect league the last 3 of 4 seasons. My team is currently worth ~100,000 PP mainly due to reselling undervalued cards in the AH.

However I have no hopes of winning any Perfect league as the level of competition in Perfect league is way beyond diamond. I have about a .600 record in diamond and a .333 record in my Perfect seasons. Currently sitting around .250 so far this year.
CajunGumbo is offline   Reply With Quote