Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #1
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Playoffs f***ed up in 20 team league

Please tell me this is really not happening. I finished with the league's best record. According to the Playoff Coverage screen, I now HOST A WILD CARD GAME, A ONE-GAME-AND-DONE SCENARIO???????

What kind of nonsense is this? With two conferences of two divisions each, why is there a wildcard game if only four teams qualify from each conference? Why doesn't the division winner with the best record play the 2nd-best non-division winner in a 5-game division series, and the other division winner play the best non-division winner in a 5-game series?

I posted a request for how the playoffs would work for a 20 team league and got nothing but crickets from the developers. Now this. If they had looked at it, we could've avoided it coming to this, which is an obvious bug. With four teams, you can't have 3 rounds of playoffs before the Diamond Series. It's simple math.

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 01-06-2019 at 12:03 AM.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:45 AM   #2
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Same thing happened in my 18 team perfect league. 8 teams made the playoff and instead of just going right to division series they are all slotted to play wild card games.

Doesn’t really affect me cause my team was so bad. But I’d be pretty pissed if in addition to having to spend a week in an 18 team league I then don’t get to play a playoff series if I win the division.

I’ve said it before, there is zero reason that an 18-20 team league should exist. I will get relegated from the league after get demolished by the same 3-4 super teams over and over and over (the entire playoffs was basically set by early September because the small league aggravated differences in team strength) and the teams that demolished me will have to play some stupid wild card game. Nobody wins.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Socali
Minors (Double A)

Shoulda done more beta?

With something new it is understandable that there will be kinks to work out but it is looking like ootpd needed to do more beta before people started spending money. physicsteacher should be upset especially since he tried to head this off beforehand and was apparently ignored.

Personally, the ootp game is beautiful and continues to get better, looking forward to ootp Go, but Perfect Team needed more beta on up to Perfect League level to make sure all was good first.
Socali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Still very confused how ootp has such limited support on weekends when it is crunchtime in each season
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Sorry, we must have missed the other thread before. Apologies for the problem (I had a team in one of these as well, and they got booted in the one-game first round), but we'll certainly be sure to look into that and fix it for the future. Going forward, I would guess we'll set things up like now so that the 2 division winners and 2 wildcards will make it, but should have the rounds of length 5/7/7.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #6
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Sorry, we must have missed the other thread before. Apologies for the problem (I had a team in one of these as well, and they got booted in the one-game first round), but we'll certainly be sure to look into that and fix it for the future. Going forward, I would guess we'll set things up like now so that the 2 division winners and 2 wildcards will make it, but should have the rounds of length 5/7/7.

I survived the WC game, but then I had to face the team with the second best record in the league, who happened to be in my conference, in a 5-game series instead of a 7-game series. Again, this is not okay. I lost in 4 games, and perhaps I would've lost the 7-game series, but it's just not right that we had to play in these shortened series. Please remedy this.

Also, if I understand the promotion plans, I'm stuck in Diamond for another season, despite having the best record, because I failed to advance to the finals. I'd find this easier to accept if these playoffs had correctly organized.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:20 PM   #7
cfagyal
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
I survived the WC game, but then I had to face the team with the second best record in the league, who happened to be in my conference, in a 5-game series instead of a 7-game series. Again, this is not okay. I lost in 4 games, and perhaps I would've lost the 7-game series, but it's just not right that we had to play in these shortened series. Please remedy this.

Also, if I understand the promotion plans, I'm stuck in Diamond for another season, despite having the best record, because I failed to advance to the finals. I'd find this easier to accept if these playoffs had correctly organized.
I can only guess you are the 115 win team that faced my 112 win team in D324. Yea I wasn't thrilled either by a 1 game wildcard round 1. Now i'm down 3-1 to the team I beat in the LCS in Gold last year because my team has forgotten how to hit.
cfagyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfagyal View Post
I can only guess you are the 115 win team that faced my 112 win team in D324. Yea I wasn't thrilled either by a 1 game wildcard round 1. Now i'm down 3-1 to the team I beat in the LCS in Gold last year because my team has forgotten how to hit.

Yes, I run the Florida Phoenix.

I'm not counting you out. I see you won game 5 and are headed home. Good luck. At least you get to play 7 games.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #9
cfagyal
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
Yes, I run the Florida Phoenix.

I'm not counting you out. I see you won game 5 and are headed home. Good luck. At least you get to play 7 games.
Melrose 4, Perfect Pedro 2.... Blah. Team just didn't hit for beans in the series. Pretty odd for a team that led the entire league in virtually every hitting statistic. Such is baseball i suppose.
cfagyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:24 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This is fixed for the next season! Sorry we missed that one earlier
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote