Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #21
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

Just finished reading, awesome job man! Seems like Ovechkin was a monster! I'd love to see his and Sidney Crosby's stats, as it seems like Crosby is sort of faded behind Ovie. I'm also curious as to who won individual awards each season if that is at all possible to see, or even just a leaderboard of the players with the most wins of each award.

Those 1994 and 2001 playoffs must've been interesting. Real Cinderella stories there, with Toronto (14th) and Atlanta (16th) winning the Cup! If you don't mind me asking, who were the Ranger's star players in those two dynasties, and during the Leaf's dynasty, who were the go to guys?

Last edited by Leafs67; 01-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Leafs67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #22
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

This next group, 100 point scorers, is a MASSIVE list. While the NHL has had a total of 271 one hundred point seasons by a player my replay had a whopping 372!!!! Obviously not close to real life but, hey, that's the whole point for doing a replay sim, right?

Also, unlike how it took longer than what really happened and would be expected for 50 goal scorers to appear in my sim, 100 point scorers popped up much earlier. Instead of it happening in 1968-69 my first 100 point scorer was in 1953-54. Ironically, my first 100 point scorer was the actual first 50 goal scorer, Maurice Richard!

The most 100 point scorers in an NHL season was 21 in 1992-93 but my sim blew that away with 28 players reaching the century mark in 1983-84. My replay also produced seasons of 20, 21, 23 and 25 100 point players....all during the 80's of course. I will say I was impressed how the number of 100 point scorers mimicked real life by dipping all so slightly from 1990 to 1992 before shooting back up before leveling off to current norms from the late 90's on out. Also, after having 100 points became the norm during my replay in the late 60's no player had 100 points, aside from the 48 game lockout season of 1994-95, during the 1997-98 and 2003-04 seasons.

The player with the most 100 point seasons was Gretzky (again, big shock) with 15 and Lemieux was second with 11 of his own. Barry Pederson was third with 9.

The fastest to 100 points was both Marcel Dionne and Mario Lemieux in 46 team games during the 1980-81 and 1989-90 seasons, respectively. However, Lemieux played in 44 of his teams first 46 games so his was the fastest in terms of fewest games played out of any other player. After those two, Gretzky had the next 4 fewest amount of games need to get 100 points on the season. Unfortunately, nobody cracked the 200 point barrier in my replay.

Here are the players who scored 100 points in my replay. As with 50 goal scorers I compiled the stats and info the same as it's done in the NHL Guide & Record Book.

1953-54 to 1980-81:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #23
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

1981-82 to 1985-86:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 07:56 PM   #24
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

1986-87 to 1993-94:
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #25
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

1995-96 to 2014-2015:
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 08:05 PM   #26
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs67 View Post
Just finished reading, awesome job man! Seems like Ovechkin was a monster! I'd love to see his and Sidney Crosby's stats, as it seems like Crosby is sort of faded behind Ovie. I'm also curious as to who won individual awards each season if that is at all possible to see, or even just a leaderboard of the players with the most wins of each award.

Those 1994 and 2001 playoffs must've been interesting. Real Cinderella stories there, with Toronto (14th) and Atlanta (16th) winning the Cup! If you don't mind me asking, who were the Ranger's star players in those two dynasties, and during the Leaf's dynasty, who were the go to guys?
Thanks, man!!! Yeah, Ovechkin was pretty much a man among boys from the get go. He put up numbers similar to the 80's high scoring era despite playing in a much lower scoring era.

The individual awards are a little of a sore spot for me.....sometimes I think the game was way off on who it was picking especially for Conn Smythe. Not to say it was a complete waste, it wasn't, but with my own nit pickiness I was so fed up that I ended picking my own winners lol Needless to say, I think the award selection has a little bit of room to improve. I'll still post it if you want. Leaderboards of each award is something I'll probably list at some point when I have more time this weekend.

As for the Rangers dynasty, I do know that on one of those squads both Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull were playing for them. Each ended up being #'s 1 and 2 in career points before Gretzky and Lemieux passed them. Hull was the leader in career goals at one point, as well. I'll post both Mikita's and Hull's career stat pages in a minute.

As for the Leafs, I don't remember off the top of my head but I'll look into it a little later when I get more time and let ya know.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #27
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Bobby Hull's and Stan Mikita's regular season and playoff career stats:
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 08:22 PM   #28
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah, if the awards are bad, I don't mind if you don't post them. I've found that the awards can be quite off before as well. For example, I once did a simulation beginning in 1942-43, and Elmer Lach won the Hart Trophy for 5 or 6 years in a row, despite being vastly outperformed by not only other league members, but fellow teammates like Maurice Richard and Butch Bouchard in all but 1 of the seasons.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:24 PM   #29
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

I think I found the secret to the Leafs success....check out Sawchuk's career regular season win total. Freaky, indeed.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 10:31 PM   #30
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Two more players from those Leaf teams that won a few Cups in the 50's in my replay sim.......Ted Lindsay had 20 points in only 11 playoff games in 1952.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 01-11-2016, 10:44 PM   #31
Leafs67
Minors (Triple A)

Wow, Sawchuk, Richard, Harvey, and Lindsay. It's a wonder they didn't win more Stanley Cups with that Hall of Fame lineup! Thanks man, it's really cool!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #32
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
Here's the career of Lindros as requested. Little bit of the injury bug....but ultimately he was just released by Tampa Bay at the age of 31. I found teams releasing players quite a bit....that was something that I found strange and this was even before the salary cap was implemented in for the 2005-06 seasons onward. I noticed Evgeni Malkin was released in his prime by Vancouver....which was odd. The strangest one caused me to interfere for the only time during my replay. Bobby Orr was drafted by the Red Wings then was oddly released after a 99 point season in only 70 games during the 1970-71 season. I actually didn't notice he was released until far into the 1971-72 season and nobody signed him so I continued to replay the offseason between those two campaigns yet nobody would sign him.....so I took it upon myself to sign him to Boston (seemed like he'd be a perfect fit in Boston to me...don't know why lol)

Anyway, here's the Lindros numbers you asked for (both regular season and playoff numbers).....gotta admit I was a little disappointed since he was a beast in real life when he wasn't injured but this was a fictional replay so I guess it is what it is.
Thank you! Very interesting, especially given the inflated number of 100 point scorers in your replay. As you say, Lindros was a beast in his prime. Looks like he got the short end of the straw in fantasy as he did in reality! Some guys just don't have any luck at all . . .
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:26 AM   #33
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

I love an alternate reality where Doug Jarvis, Jeff Larmer, Rick Blight and Mike Keane score 50 goals. And Jordy Douglas doing it not once, not twice... but three times!

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:51 PM   #34
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootermojo View Post
I think I found the secret to the Leafs success....check out Sawchuk's career regular season win total. Freaky, indeed.
Terry Sawchuk getting 447 wins in total...that's not realistic at all!