Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2015, 12:37 AM   #21
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by landru22 View Post
Hmm.... I went back to look at the boxscore and it looks okay now. Not sure what happened there. Feel free to remove my posts if you think it may detract from the original subject of the thread
No, I've seen it occasionally, too, but never been able to duplicate it when I try to make it happen deliberately. Something's going on there, but it's probably going to be difficult to track down.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:39 AM   #22
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck View Post
I removed the game completely and did a fresh installation. Created a new game to test. Now the league file is created in the Game Folder again (/data/saved_games) and not in the Document anymore. So strange. I copied and pasted my old league folder and now can load correctly. Even though I am quite puzzled as to how can this happen but at this point I am just happy to be able to get my old league back. I did A LOT of editing of players/teams.
It's actually been saving to the Documents folder by default for quite a while
- before the release, in fact, if I'm remembering correctly. Or had you chosen a different save location when installing and the update changed it on you?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:41 AM   #23
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaSola7 View Post
2) and this picture... Was this an issue before? I never thought to do the math... but I noticed the shots on the scoreboard and the shots didn't equate
Yeah, there's an open bug report on it (I think, I'll double-check and reopen it if not.) There are still a few special situations (breakaways, rebounds, etc.) where the location doesn't seem to get flagged.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:10 AM   #24
Flying_Canuck
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It's actually been saving to the Documents folder by default for quite a while
- before the release, in fact, if I'm remembering correctly. Or had you chosen a different save location when installing and the update changed it on you?

That may be it. I always avoid installing to Program Files (x86) because I don't want to deal with Admin access and security features that we have seen recent years in Windows. I installed the game originally to another folder I created called "OOTP" on my C drive. And the game was saving directly to the game folders since the beginning (I didn't specifically set it that way). Update #2 and #3 didn't change it for me until now. Not sure why Update #4 would suddenly switch to Document. From the forums, looks like this may be a single case, just for me

Last edited by Flying_Canuck; 11-25-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Flying_Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:51 AM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Canuck View Post
That may be it. I always avoid installing to Program Files (x86) because I don't want to deal with Admin access and security features that we have seen recent years in Windows. I installed the game originally to another folder I created called "OOTP" on my C drive. And the game was saving directly to the game folders since the beginning (I didn't specifically set it that way). Update #2 and #3 didn't change it for me until now. Not sure why Update #4 would suddenly switch to Document. From the forums, looks like this may be a single case, just for me
Could be. But if anybody else with a custom installation path notices the save location switch on them after updating, let me know, it shouldn't be doing that.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:38 AM   #26
NolaSola7
All Star Starter

oh, ok that is the issue... certain locations dont get flagged.... makes some sense,,

Thanks, happy bug-fixing!

p.s. It is so cool, and so appreciated to hear directly from you guys..... what game is there where you wonder what and why ... and the very person involved gives you an explanation..... very nice experience!

Last edited by NolaSola7; 11-25-2015 at 02:49 AM.
NolaSola7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:31 AM   #27
no way
Minors (Triple A)

I have to say great job with csv export, the only thing that is missing is now somehow differentiate regular season from pre season and all star record in career stats (similar to how playoffs are made clear with leage id of 9999).

Maybe some more data to schedules output would be nice aswell like attendance, type of finnish (regular time, over time, shootout) maybe team statistics from report would be nice.

Other than that it's really great.
no way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #28
struggles_mightily
Minors (Triple A)

Hi there.

I'd be interested in getting the game but, more than anything, I'd like to play in the present-day British leagues (I'm from the UK). I heard that the rosters for Britain weren't much good when the first version was released. Can anyone comment on whether or not they're any better now?

Thanks.
struggles_mightily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #29
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by struggles_mightily View Post
Hi there.

I'd be interested in getting the game but, more than anything, I'd like to play in the present-day British leagues (I'm from the UK). I heard that the rosters for Britain weren't much good when the first version was released. Can anyone comment on whether or not they're any better now?

Thanks.
It looks to me like a huge amount of work has been done on the UK rosters since release and from reading posts in the research forum a few guys have definitely been working on them. I'm a Braehead Clan fan so playing the UK leagues is pretty important for me

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #30
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
What exactly is happening when you try to start it? Do you get to the start screenl, or just a white screen (or nothing at all)?

Jeff its a strange problem first off its windows 10 and steam. I click on the game it ACTS like it is loading then it stops. Open it again it says the app is already running. I tried the steps listed even the deletion and reinstall. All of my other steam games work but when I hover the cursor over the steam icon in my tool bar (bottom rail whatever) when I try to start up FHM it appears black with a white highlighted box I go into my library on steam and it says it is running and it will not let me shut it down unless I do a reboot of the computer and or shutdown the bootstrapper...I just did it again double click on the FHM icon and it says the steam is updating and after a minute it says failed to start app game is already running
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 06:56 PM   #31
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
Jeff its a strange problem first off its windows 10 and steam. I click on the game it ACTS like it is loading then it stops. Open it again it says the app is already running. I tried the steps listed even the deletion and reinstall. All of my other steam games work but when I hover the cursor over the steam icon in my tool bar (bottom rail whatever) when I try to start up FHM it appears black with a white highlighted box I go into my library on steam and it says it is running and it will not let me shut it down unless I do a reboot of the computer and or shutdown the bootstrapper...I just did it again double click on the FHM icon and it says the steam is updating and after a minute it says failed to start app game is already running
OK, we've got one other similar report in the tech support forum, but I'm not sure what could be going on here. I just let Sebastian and Malte know about it, so they'll have to do a little more investigating, they may be in touch.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #32
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

its probably mine as well I sent in a request yesterday.....oh well...
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:28 PM   #33
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyberianwarrior View Post
its probably mine as well I sent in a request yesterday.....oh well...
Nope, different guy, I meant the other forum on these boards.
Old 11-25-2015, 11:57 PM   #34
Airchallenged
Minors (Rookie Ball)

So far the updates look great. I'm now having an issue where a goal scored on a 5-3 PP ends both penalties instead of just the first one.
Airchallenged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 01:17 AM   #35
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airchallenged View Post
So far the updates look great. I'm now having an issue where a goal scored on a 5-3 PP ends both penalties instead of just the first one.
Uh-oh, sounds like one of the other penalty/power play changes had an unintended effect. We'll have a look at it.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #36
snoopoz
Bat Boy

So I noticed the CSV export changed the ability/potential field. I freely admit I used this to find players for the draft. The prior export had a number from 0 up to 11 for the ability/potential rating, and now it is at 0.5 star to 6.5 star rating, which corresponds to the in-game ability/potential ratings. As we all know, those ratings don't necessarily correlate with a player's actual potential. It'd be cool to have those original numbers back in the export, if at all possible. Thanks!
snoopoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:55 PM   #37
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

The "Current" starting option is beginning to diverge more from the Opening Night one now then why don't every time an updated Database comes out change the Start date in Game to that Date?
Old 11-28-2015, 09:50 AM   #38
landru22
Major Leagues

Quote:
No, I've seen it occasionally, too, but never been able to duplicate it when I try to make it happen deliberately. Something's going on there, but it's probably going to be difficult to track down.
I seem to be able to "make" this happen. Each time I click on a player in the boxscore, and then hit the back button to go back to the boxscore, the boxscore is then screwed up. Hope this helps you track down the problem. I have had a few crashes that I think may be related to this issue.
landru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 06:53 PM   #39
FultonReed
Bat Boy

Game Crashes When Simulating All Star Game

My game consistently crashes when trying to sim past January 31, 2018. I recently updated to build 29, which includes the All Star Game. This is the first time I have encountered the All Star Game in my league. The error message in the debug trace file mentions missing players from both All Star teams. I suspect this is due to the fact that I started the game with an older build that didn't have the All Star Game.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I am hoping to avoid having to start a new game if at all possible.
FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #40
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post
My game consistently crashes when trying to sim past January 31, 2018. I recently updated to build 29, which includes the All Star Game. This is the first time I have encountered the All Star Game in my league. The error message in the debug trace file mentions missing players from both All Star teams. I suspect this is due to the fact that I started the game with an older build that didn't have the All Star Game.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? I am hoping to avoid having to start a new game if at all possible.
Yeah I'm having that issue and at least a few others are as well.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote