Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 07-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Build Your Franchise from Scratch: Expansion comes to FHM 2: (Part 2!)

Check it out, part 2 of the blog series on expansion is now live:

Build Your Franchise From Scratch: Expansion Comes to Franchise Hockey Manager 2 (Part 2)

And in case you missed it, here's part one: .

Last edited by Cole; 07-20-2015 at 01:17 PM.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
BlackIce
All Star Reserve

Those are some fairly tough teams there even if they are expansion teams... I see the Aces signed Orr there in one picture.

If your interested in running a team of your own Cole, you should join up with one of the online leagues that are looking for players at this time.. you arn't afraid to ice a team with some muscle lol .. I'd love to ice a team and look forward to playing ya haha

Awesome stuff as usual and can't wait for this game to release!
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks Cole..

Looks like a lot of fun!
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:39 PM   #4
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Cole,

Can you post the Quebec Nordiques final team stats? How bad were they?

Thanks
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #5
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Love expansion teams and can't wait to get my hands on one.
Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I can't wait to implement the expansion teams into my fictional league and see how well that goes, too. But it's definitely cool to see how it all works beforehand.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:58 PM   #7
deanwells1234
Minors (Triple A)

Initial Read through thoughts:

1) that line up screen is so amazing! things like actually make sense on there!
2) Not really a thought but a question about free agency, Is it like what my expansion team in OOTP is like where big names won't even let me offer as they have no interest in playing for me, or will anyone entertain an offer... also dang Frenchies! (lolz jk love you quebec dont leave Canada please!)
3) those stats... ouch! look like the old Predators offence haha
deanwells1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:18 PM   #8
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord PichuPal View Post
I can't wait to implement the expansion teams into my fictional league and see how well that goes, too. But it's definitely cool to see how it all works beforehand.
I think expansion will work only with the NHL,AHL and ECHL.

I plan on turning the NHL into a fictional league so I can use the expansion feature.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:46 PM   #9
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I think expansion will work only with the NHL,AHL and ECHL.

I plan on turning the NHL into a fictional league so I can use the expansion feature.
Why does it need to be fictional to expand?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 07:04 PM   #10
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce View Post
Those are some fairly tough teams there even if they are expansion teams... I see the Aces signed Orr there in one picture.

If your interested in running a team of your own Cole, you should join up with one of the online leagues that are looking for players at this time.. you arn't afraid to ice a team with some muscle lol .. I'd love to ice a team and look forward to playing ya haha

Awesome stuff as usual and can't wait for this game to release!
I would love to join an online league and plan to eventually, but for the launch of the game I'll have plenty to do .. I wouldn't want to be an absentee owner.. So I'll wait for things to settle down a bit.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoMarco View Post
Hey Cole,

Can you post the Quebec Nordiques final team stats? How bad were they?

Thanks
My apologies.. I had actually thought I had taken that screenshot and had meant to post it. I have gone back to post it now... So go refresh the blog and you should see that screenshot now at the bottom.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:08 PM   #12
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwells1234 View Post
Initial Read through thoughts:

2) Not really a thought but a question about free agency, Is it like what my expansion team in OOTP is like where big names won't even let me offer as they have no interest in playing for me, or will anyone entertain an offer... also dang Frenchies! (lolz jk love you quebec dont leave Canada please!)
I had no issues getting first offers in to those I offered, but I do believe not everyone will always talk to you ... But generally as I said, in this sim I wasn't even given a chance to reoffer in some cases ... They would quickly sign with other teams, who I presume they had much more interest in playing for... It's not simply as easy as deciding what free agents you want and then just signing them.. the AI is quite aggressive and competitive with offers.

Last edited by Cole; 07-20-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:14 PM   #13
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Why does it need to be fictional to expand?
I could expand the NHL but only to 36 teams.

I want to move some NHL teams(moving players manually one at a time to reform a team) and put them in the AHL and have the AHL as a competing league and use the ECHL as the top minor league.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #14
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I could expand the NHL but only to 36 teams.
I am still not 100 per cent sure on the max amount of teams you can expand to ... I will try to get a definitive answer on this soon.

I know one of our beta testers had done a test with 10+ teams added, but when I was speaking with Jeff he mentioned it was an issue where it did need to be capped at some sort of finite number... and it might not actually be feasible to allow it to expand that large.

I am not sure the details on this myself and haven't yet tried a league with that many expansions but.. fictional, or a real NHL league, the number of teams you can expand to will be the same. There wouldn't be a difference in this regard.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

LOL!
Mike Richards can't even crack the top 9 forwards on an expansion team.
And something tells me that Richards and Vegas wouldn't mix - unless you were into tabloid drama, haha.

Thanks for posting this info Cole!
Greatly appreciated!
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:59 AM   #16
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Thanks for yet another insightful post regarding how expansion is going to work in FHM2. Expansion is definitely the way I am going to go really want the challenge of building a team from scratch. Was good to see how the first season panned out for both expansion teams and who they signed in the expansion draft and first free agency period. Very interesting to hear how aggressive the AI controlled team was in trying to build their roster. I would probably go the same route you did in trying to build a young core for a team. I would look at not being too good for the first few seasons and try to build round that core with the draft and a few good free agent moves. Thanks again.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 05:43 AM   #17
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Having criticised the FHM2 team for poor communication in the past it is only fair that I give praise where it is due. Cole you really have to be commended for the way you have been posting, updating the forum and answering questions over the last few weeks. Having seen the facegen pics when I got out of hospital, the improved UI and then the two posts on Expansion I am really excited about the release of FHM2 again.
Penfold75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #18
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Having criticised the FHM2 team for poor communication in the past it is only fair that I give praise where it is due. Cole you really have to be commended for the way you have been posting, updating the forum and answering questions over the last few weeks. Having seen the facegen pics when I got out of hospital, the improved UI and then the two posts on Expansion I am really excited about the release of FHM2 again.
Thanks very much for your kind words. I will do my best to keep everyone informed as best I can going forward!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #19
PortoMarco
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks Cole. One last request, if you can or cannot; no biggie.

How did Quebec do in matches against its traditional rivals -- Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Buffalo. Montreal in particular.

Thanks
PortoMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #20
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
COuldnt agree more.. If there is a positive that has come out of everything on these forums its the way Cole has handled things. I'd like to put him in for a raise.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote