Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 06-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #21
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDotSummerSports View Post
Will there be updates released quickly fixing small problems for FHM2 if they are noticed once the game releases, similarly to when OOTP 16 came out? Also would next Friday be unrealistic to expect the release?
I won't say that things will be exactly similar to OOTP 16, but yes, once the game is released, issues big and small will be addressed and patched as quickly as possible.

As for the release date ... when it's ready! I won't comment on what's realistic and unrealistic, in part because I am not a developer and don't know how much work and tweaking these things take and in part because it's a no win situation to speculate when people have already been frustrated by delays.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:10 PM   #22
TDotSummerSports
Bat Boy

Smile

Thanks for the very helpful info about updates. Sorry, I understand (had to try).
TDotSummerSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:55 PM   #23
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Another expansion question.

Will the playoffs remain at the max 16 teams no matter how big the league?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:40 PM   #24
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

It was mentioned that historical games can somehow be "converted" to a fictional game in order to be able to continue into seasons beyond the last "real" season (2015).

Was wondering how this works? Can we only do this for 2015, or can we convert to fictional after any season. Do we still get to create minor and junior teams for our fictional-historical league?
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:06 PM   #25
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Nuke View Post
It was mentioned that historical games can somehow be "converted" to a fictional game in order to be able to continue into seasons beyond the last "real" season (2015).

Was wondering how this works? Can we only do this for 2015, or can we convert to fictional after any season. Do we still get to create minor and junior teams for our fictional-historical league?
Keep in mind I am not really a historical player myself so it's not an area of the game I am most familiar with (much prefer fictional or even modern day) .. however, there is no real "conversion" ... after you get past the present day, the new rookie classes will simply be fictional players and thus over time, the game will eventually become all fictional.

Yes there are still minor teams in historical. I am unsure about your first question, I don't believe there's a way to have a historical league to become fictional prior to 2015, but I could be wrong on that... I'll let one of the more historical league savvy beta testers correct me if I'm wrong on that.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:41 PM   #26
Rand
Minors (Double A)

Thanks for the update
Rand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:40 AM   #27
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Can minor league teams play as Independent teams(no affiliations)?

In a future season could I expand the AHL by 2 teams but not expand in the NHL?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-18-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:09 AM   #28
Duranium
All Star Starter

thx for the update

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #29
jh95
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Another expansion question.

Will the playoffs remain at the max 16 teams no matter how big the league?
Yes, currently it remains with 16 teams...
jh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #30
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

Thumbs up

Excellent. Keep squashing those bugs. Maybe there's still hope for this Franchise Hockey Manager Series! Thank you for letting us know what's going on!
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #31
Lord PichuPal
All Star Reserve

I'm excited to hear any sort of update like this, it's nice to see things coming along. I would fathom to guess from what's left, it could be another week or two, if no other delays pop up for the developers. Obviously I don't know much about how to code or develop games, so I don't know if that's an accurate assumption, but it's still something. All I care is that we do see the game one of these days, regardless of how long it takes. I just want to get back into playing it again.
Lord PichuPal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #32
Bugsquasher
Minors (Single A)

I have a question. I hope it's not too early but one of the biggest things that I would like fixed with the original FHM, is that after playing historical to 2013, will we be able to continue the game with fictional players. I hope that will be addressed in the next patch. I want to go from 1947 to 2050 for example. Will we be able to do that in the upcoming patch?
Bugsquasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 09:22 PM   #33
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsquasher View Post
I have a question. I hope it's not too early but one of the biggest things that I would like fixed with the original FHM, is that after playing historical to 2013, will we be able to continue the game with fictional players. I hope that will be addressed in the next patch. I want to go from 1947 to 2050 for example. Will we be able to do that in the upcoming patch?
i don't know about the patch, but you will be able to do this in FHM2.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #34
seven
All Star Reserve

Cole,

Thanks very much for your update. It is helpful and very encouraging to see that this kind of work is going into the match engine/play flow. This is going to be a giant leap forward for this game.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 11:11 PM   #35
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

League Structure turned on?
League E option?
Their shouldn't be a limit to how many Expansion Teams to add at once by maybe 10.
Also Contract with Minor League Team.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:50 AM   #36
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

It should be possible to re-construct NHL team(s) in a Fictional League as long as real players are available?

a.) release all current players on Fictional(or expansion Fictional) team(s) that will be used as an re-constructed team
b,) go through all other Fictional team rosters and cherry pick players that are on a current NHL team and place them on the Fictional League re-constructed NHL team(or something)

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-20-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:56 AM   #37
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
It should be possible to re-construct NHL team(s) in a Fictional League as long as real players are available?

a.) release all current players on Fictional(or expansion Fictional) team(s) that will be used as an re-constructed team
b,) go through all other Fictional team rosters and cherry pick players that are on a current NHL team and place them on the Fictional League re-constructed NHL team(or something)
You mean like conduct a fantasy draft in Commish mode?? That might be your best bet.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #38
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
You mean like conduct a fantasy draft in Commish mode?? That might be your best bet.
I would want only a few NHL teams in the Fictional Leagues so it wouldn't be so much work.

It wouldn't be a draft since the players would be going back to their original team(s).

I would also like to turn the AHL into a super league that competes against the NHL for players but don't know if that would work with affiliations being a problem. The ECHL would be the top minor league for the NHL.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 06-20-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 AM   #39
kohut
Minors (Single A)

I am curious if FHM 2 will simulate faster than FHM 1?
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:14 AM   #40
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I am curious if FHM 2 will simulate faster than FHM 1?
It depends of course on how many leagues you have running. My personal observation (with no concrete data to back it up) is that the sim does run faster. What your PC has under the hood will make a difference, too. YMMV.