Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 01:32 PM   #1
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Exclamation Ummm where is the release of FHM2?

Is there an update? Where is the FHM Patch with the new match engine???
Old 05-24-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Duranium
All Star Starter

when it´s ready, they´ll release it - plain simple

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Old 05-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

I understand that answer but its not good enough. Where is the match engine patch that was promised way back in January?
Old 05-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #4
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk View Post
I understand that answer but its not good enough. Where is the match engine patch that was promised way back in January?
That answer isn't good enough? Your sense of entitlement makes me laugh.

You'd like to have the patch in your hands. That's perfectly understandable, and you're one of many. Try to articulate yourself with a bit of maturity when you next post.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Yes i do have a sense of entitlement, i paid for a game and did not get what was promised. Why are you being so rude? You like to pay for a product that was not finished or a product that was marketed incorrectly?
Old 05-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #6
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

You were never promised a release date. Late May was an estimate, and while yes it's concerning that we're in that range and haven't heard anything new, you weren't promised anything.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:15 PM   #7
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

You have to read my comments carefully. I wasnt talking about the release date i was talking about FHM. Promises were made. The develops also said that they would release the Game Engine patch a month before the release of FHM 2. So if he game is released like they said in end of May then the engine patch should have been released in April or mid April.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #8
Smetana
All Star Starter

Quote:
Yes i do have a sense of entitlement, i paid for a game and did not get what was promised. Why are you being so rude? You like to pay for a product that was not finished or a product that was marketed incorrectly?
You paid for a piece of software. You paid for the license that allows you access to a piece of software. You got essentially what was promised.

You have no contract with OOTP games, implied or actual. You got what you purchased. Nothing more, nothing less. False advertising? Perhaps. Good luck pursuing that avenue. Has the company alienated many customers with a lack of updates? Yup. They're not the first and they won't be the last. Are you OWED anything at this time. No. You are not.

I'll be the first to admit that the release, support, and communication surrounding FHM has been lacking. Quite lackluster a lot of the time. You're just going to have to get over it. Wait for the patch, or don't. Purchase FHM2, or don't. But understand that taking the "Where is my patch! I am owed it!" approach just makes you look foolish. And, as you might guess, it's a big pet peeve of mine.
Old 05-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

Where in my post did i say "where is my patch i am owed it?" You are too funny! Somebody needs a hug. So where is the Match Engine patch? Anyone else wondering if its going to be released?
Old 05-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #10
iamcline
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Where in my post did i say "where is my patch i am owed it?" You are too funny! Somebody needs a hug. So where is the Match Engine patch? Anyone else wondering if its going to be released?
Relax my friend, there is still a whole week left in the month of May.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokk
The develops also said that they would release the Game Engine patch a month before the release of FHM 2.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that was true (the month before aspect of it, that is).

Last edited by Cole; 05-24-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:58 PM   #12
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Cole. View Post
I could be wrong, but I don't believe that was true (the month before aspect of it, that is).
I think a lot of the confusion comes from the statements that "The last 2014 patch will have an 2014/15 season data update so you have something to play with until FHM 2 is released."

With the most recent updates in April saying that the game is "right on schedule" for release people expected the FHM14 patch to be out by now. Most figured they would have something to play with for more than a day or two and I think that in the absence of a firm update they are just adding the month time frame to it.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
Old 05-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #13
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

A year between patches and a track record of broken promises... and you're surprised people are upset? Really? :P
Old 05-25-2015, 12:24 AM   #14
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

We weren't promised anything indeed, but you can't just build a hype around a game, last I know mid-may Sebastian said the game was right on track for late may, it just looks very sketchy compared to the successful release of OOTP

My point is, you should treat potential customers better than this sketchy release, it really sucks to be waiting for something and end up being upset.

And I'm not bashing at all, I am very hyped for FHM 2, I even liked the first one, and I'm just part of the guys waiting around and losing hype and visiting the forums less and less because there's no more hype going on around here
Old 05-25-2015, 01:53 AM   #15
Penfold75
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrome View Post
We weren't promised anything indeed, but you can't just build a hype around a game, last I know mid-may Sebastian said the game was right on track for late may, it just looks very sketchy compared to the successful release of OOTP
Interesting that you mention OOTP Baseball. I find it strange how one company can get the communication, release and patching of one game so right and another so wrong
Old 05-25-2015, 05:40 AM   #16
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
You paid for a piece of software. You paid for the license that allows you access to a piece of software. You got essentially what was promised.

You have no contract with OOTP games, implied or actual. You got what you purchased. Nothing more, nothing less. False advertising? Perhaps. Good luck pursuing that avenue. Has the company alienated many customers with a lack of updates? Yup. They're not the first and they won't be the last. Are you OWED anything at this time. No. You are not.

I'll be the first to admit that the release, support, and communication surrounding FHM has been lacking. Quite lackluster a lot of the time. You're just going to have to get over it. Wait for the patch, or don't. Purchase FHM2, or don't. But understand that taking the "Where is my patch! I am owed it!" approach just makes you look foolish. And, as you might guess, it's a big pet peeve of mine.

This is funny. You are basically saying that he is right but he can't complain. Or that he is complaining in the 'wrong way'. Everybody has a different way to show off its frustrations as long as this is made in a civil way.

Last edited by Gerry58; 05-25-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #17
Havokk
Minors (Single A)

And i did it in a civil way and i was attacked for it.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #18
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penfold75 View Post
Interesting that you mention OOTP Baseball. I find it strange how one company can get the communication, release and patching of one game so right and another so wrong
I know, it's incredible how many pre-orders they had with OOTP 16, and they decided that they would make FHM2 with no pre-orders and apparently no release date.. The hype for OOTP was huge, and this upgraded version of FHM could be a commercial success if some effort was put into promoting the game..
Old 05-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #19
Garethw87

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3873273

Please see here for some information regarding the current state of the patch/match engine. Be assured it's on the way. After the initial problems of FHMs release the Devs don't want to do things like...

"Patch will be out next week" Then it gets delayed and we all go crazy again!

Old 05-25-2015, 05:46 PM   #20
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post3873273

Please see here for some information regarding the current state of the patch/match engine. Be assured it's on the way. After the initial problems of FHMs release the Devs don't want to do things like...

"Patch will be out next week" Then it gets delayed and we all go crazy again!
Ah Gareth there is no information there at all. A few screenshots of some logos and some page looks in the game is all that has been shared. Nothing specific as to exactly how the game will be more realistic. Either in game play, stats, trading, finance system. Just small mentions about it. By now some of the details of why the wait has been worth it should be appearing.
A few real pieces of info would have helped a lot.
Closed Thread