Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2015, 09:33 AM   #1
WIUPIKE
All Star Starter

FHM2 Draft Questions

I do not know if either of these have been answered

1. Will there be a central scouting ranking of the top 200 players in the draft?

2. Will there be trading during the draft?

Thanks
WIUPIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I'm sure trading will be there, makes no sense it wouldn't be. I think they said top 100 somewhere bit I'm not 100% sure about that
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:00 AM   #3
_jh
Bat Boy

One thing I noticed in FHM1 (at least in fictional mode) is that the majority of AI teams will draft goalies in the first draft round of the second season while completely neglecting potentially elite players at other positions. This behaviour seemed pretty weird to me so I'm not sure if it's working as intended, or if something will be changed up in FHM2.

Last edited by _jh; 04-14-2015 at 01:02 AM.
_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #4
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

on yahoo leagues (and others) I typically go goalie in first round (good ones are that hard to come by) philosophy build from the net OUT..result??? RARELY lower than 3rd especially in the "bid process" leagues..some noob would spend $240 out of $250 allotted on Ochokin or Crosby and typically winds up in dead last and never plays but if this game does that even I know ways on beating that
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #5
zyberianwarrior
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jh View Post
One thing I noticed in FHM1 (at least in fictional mode) is that the majority of AI teams will draft goalies in the first draft round of the second season while completely neglecting potentially elite players at other positions. This behaviour seemed pretty weird to me so I'm not sure if it's working as intended, or if something will be changed up in FHM2.
in reality there are about 12 elite class goalies in the NHL and the rest above average....average age too is 32 so it makes sense to go goalie but if a conner mcdavid is out there then going goalie makes no sense.
zyberianwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
DaximusPrimus
Major Leagues

It really does not make sense in any fashion to take a goalie in the frist round or even sometimes early second. Goalies are very hard to scout and are always a product of the team that is infront of them. Many highly touted goalies of the past 15 years have never made it in the NHL. Goalie rating in a real hockey simulator should be in constant flux.
DaximusPrimus is offline   Reply With Quote