Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #1
Dodger1
Minors (Double A)

Historical Replay Questions

I'm interested in trying some historical replay years. But I'm not sure which way is best. It seems, if I use actual lineups, everyone who played even one game is on the active roster, resulting in some teams having 35 or so eligible players. Does the AI limit itself to only using 25 in a given game? Or, in an extra inning game, might they use more pitchers than a team would actually have had in their bullpen?

Using actual transactions, I expected to have guys sent down/called up when it actually occurred (these are transactions, after all) but it doesn't appear that happens. Am I right in this assumption.

How would any of you veterans recommend setting up a historical replay for the most realistic results? Thanks.
Dodger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger1 View Post
I'm interested in trying some historical replay years. But I'm not sure which way is best. It seems, if I use actual lineups, everyone who played even one game is on the active roster, resulting in some teams having 35 or so eligible players. Does the AI limit itself to only using 25 in a given game? No Or, in an extra inning game, might they use more pitchers than a team would actually have had in their bullpen?Yes

Using actual transactions, I expected to have guys sent down/called up when it actually occurred (these are transactions, after all) but it doesn't appear that happens. Am I right in this assumption.Yes

How would any of you veterans recommend setting up a historical replay for the most realistic results? Thanks.
I use minor leagues with Ghost players. A couple of levels at least.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:08 PM   #3
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Spritze is right. I tried to go with Reserve rosters for a long time and got frustrated at how loaded teams seemed. Instead, if you allow at least a level or two of minor leagues, but click "allow incomplete minor league rosters" (which is what Spritze means by "ghost players" - only your real life players will show up on those rosters and the rest of the minor league "teams" are completed by non-existent players - if you require full rosters you will get dozens of imaginary AI generated players some of whom will come into the majors and mess up your replay. But the minors allow players to develop as they did after being drafted.

As to the larger question, you need to decide what you want to play - and can have more than one league with more than one model operating: you can do historical transactions etc. Or just go with a starting point - say 1960, but from that point on then draft for one team and allow trades by the AI which drafts for the others. So the 1960 Reds will have that roster but from that point on will have different players and a different destiny.

Or you can start in a certain year, let's say again 1960 for the sake of argument and then click "fantasy draft" in league settings and release all the 1960 players to hold an inaugural draft and reshuffle the deck entirely. I like these leagues best usually.

The sky is the limit. That and the curve ball, at least for most of us.
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote