Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
dward1
All Star Reserve

Limiting foreigners for one team?

Is it possible to have one team only and not a whole league limited to a certain amount (or zero) foreigners?
dward1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #2
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

No. You can set a limit of zero and have it based on team nationality. But then it's going to be applied to all teams based on each team's nation. So it's not doing to work if you only want to have one team use a foreign player limit.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #3
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward1 View Post
Is it possible to have one team only and not a whole league limited to a certain amount (or zero) foreigners?
Why would you only want it on one team?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 06:09 PM   #4
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
Why would you only want it on one team?
I was wondering that too.

Unless they are trying to simulate something like how Athletic Bilbao (IIRC) in Spanish soccer would only sign Basque players at one point.

Cryomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomaniac View Post
I was wondering that too.

Unless they are trying to simulate something like how Athletic Bilbao (IIRC) in Spanish soccer would only sign Basque players at one point.
yes, pretty much. Bilbao and Chivas in Mexico do something similar. I am trying to set up a Middle Eastern baseball league set in the near future and I want Israel to have of team of mainly Israeli players to simulate how it would be unlikely for Arab players to want to sign with them and how Israeli players would favor playing for teams in Israel instead of signing with a team from Syria/Lebanon/Gaza/etc
Old 01-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #6
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

You can set it so that players are limited by team nationality rather than by league nationality. If there's only one Israeli team, in your scenario, it'll work the same as limiting it to only one team.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #7
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud4579 View Post
You can set it so that players are limited by team nationality rather than by league nationality. If there's only one Israeli team, in your scenario, it'll work the same as limiting it to only one team.
right but that will then force the other teams to follow the same rule, correct? the teams from Turkey will only have Turkish players when I don't want that to happen.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:39 AM   #8
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
yes, pretty much. Bilbao and Chivas in Mexico do something similar. I am trying to set up a Middle Eastern baseball league set in the near future and I want Israel to have of team of mainly Israeli players to simulate how it would be unlikely for Arab players to want to sign with them and how Israeli players would favor playing for teams in Israel instead of signing with a team from Syria/Lebanon/Gaza/etc
Why not set it up specifically by country. So you could have a Syria, Lebanon, Israeli team with just players from those specific countries.

You can do that by state in the US, can you do that internationally?

Old 01-13-2015, 01:27 PM   #9
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Why not set it up specifically by country. So you could have a Syria, Lebanon, Israeli team with just players from those specific countries.

You can do that by state in the US, can you do that internationally?
I am thinking of doing that but ideally wanted to make Israel a standout because I don't really want teams in Qatar to be barred from signing several Egyptians for example
Old 01-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

This should definitely be a feature request for the next version. Each team should have an option to have its own setting for foreign players.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #11
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I am thinking of doing that but ideally wanted to make Israel a standout because I don't really want teams in Qatar to be barred from signing several Egyptians for example
This may be too specific, or possibly I'm overthinking this, but what if you just made Israel country specific, and then you made the other countries region specific? Or you made Israel, Syria, and whatever specific and then the rest of the regional.

You can allow free agents to sign anywhere and to have the game develop regional/country specific players, but I don't think you can restric FA's from signing to specific clubs without doing it manually.

Old 01-13-2015, 05:17 PM   #12
dward1
All Star Reserve

Quote:
This may be too specific, or possibly I'm overthinking this, but what if you just made Israel country specific, and then you made the other countries region specific? Or you made Israel, Syria, and whatever specific and then the rest of the regional.

You can allow free agents to sign anywhere and to have the game develop regional/country specific players, but I don't think you can restric FA's from signing to specific clubs without doing it manually.
How do you do this? the only setting is for the entire league I can find