Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 2 - Technical Support Having trouble with FHM 2 or want to report a bug? Please see here.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:40 PM   #141
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
Player (Seabrook) was signed as an FA on 7/1(one-year deal); same player was traded on same day (7/1) to another team!
Working on ways to prevent this, it's a little complicated to decide which new acquisitions to flag for not being tradeable/demotable and for how long, since having too many of those will do nasty things to the AI.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:06 PM   #142
Pilcrow
Bat Boy

When a team takes a penalty during overtime, it becomes 5-on-4. (Instead of 4-on-3, as it should be)
Pilcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #143
seven
All Star Reserve

Power play and restart

I've noticed two problems.

First, when I tried starting a game then went back to the start-up screen, I could not get back to the game by clicking on Continue Game. I had to quit the application, restart it, then it would work. So it does not seem possible to go back and forth between a game and the start screen.

Second, I played out my first game and it appears that when a fight occurs, each team is credited with a power play. But of course neither team should be counted as having a power play because neither has a man advantage. This looks like a simple accounting error.

Edit: The same problem occurs with offsetting penalties. No man advantage occurs, but both teams are "credited" with power play.

Last edited by seven; 10-02-2015 at 12:21 AM. Reason: new information
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:06 AM   #144
seven
All Star Reserve

plus/minus

It appears that a player's plus/minus rating is not always computed correctly. I just had a game in which a player scored two goals and his team won by a shutout, but his plus/minus was only 1. It should have been 2.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 AM   #145
Raikogen
Bat Boy

When looking at Stats: Summary with the other dropdown menu set to Regular Season, everything looks OK to start (showing just Regular season stats) but if I sort by Game Rating the stats seem to revert to showing Preseason stats even though the Regular Season option is still selected.
Raikogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #146
Raikogen
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
It appears that a player's plus/minus rating is not always computed correctly. I just had a game in which a player scored two goals and his team won by a shutout, but his plus/minus was only 1. It should have been 2.
Were both goals even strength or short handed? If one was powerplay then plus/minus was calculated correctly.
Raikogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:20 AM   #147
pens66
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkorjap View Post
I turned the injuries way down to 0.60 and I'm still seeing far too many injuries. The term is almost always 3-4 weeks.
I've turned game injuries up to 1.80 now, because there were not enough for my liking. The lengths also vary greatly for me.
pens66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 AM   #148
pbbm
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I think during the custom league set-up wizard it should be clarified that just because you have overtime draw turned on, it does not stop a penalty shootout from occurring. The way it was phrased in the wizard it made me believe that even if I left shootout paricipants at the default 3, having the overtime draw turned on would prevent the shootout from occurring.
pbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 04:34 AM   #149
RavenEHM
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello folks

I took a look through the thread but didn't see a reported case of this (if there is one, I apologize).

Issue: Unending penalty
Screenshot: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
Files: unendingpenaltyRaven
Mac OSX 10.10.5

Back story:

- Noticed this once before but it only lasted a couple minutes, nothing major
- This instance of this bug lasted almost 2 periods
- Tampa took a penalty early in 2nd period and the penalty stayed stuck at 0:02 for the rest of the game (see screenshot)
- Confirmed player was still penalized as per lineup (5 vs. 4) and ice time for power play & penalty kill lines
- Tampa took another penalty during this time which came and went, but it appears the original one stayed bugged
- As my team took almost 50 shots on the power play and only scored once, clearly my PP is bugged too (not really).

Notes:
- The save game file is some days since this bug occurred, hopefully it still will help.
- Thanks for your hard work and for making the game for all of us to enjoy.
RavenEHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:07 AM   #150
seven
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikogen View Post
Were both goals even strength or short handed? If one was powerplay then plus/minus was calculated correctly.
You are right! One goal was on the power play. Even after all these years I didn't realize that plus/minus was an even-strength statistic. So this was not an error after all.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:32 AM   #151
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I'm still getting Fictional League game freeze-ups. Right after the start of a game(happens once in awhile but seems too be increasing) the game freezes and I can't move forward playing the game(in commish mode). I can escape the game by hitting the sim end tab.

Playing on a lap top,Windows 7.

I have a present day NHL/AHL.ECHL game and haven't noticed any freeze-ups. So it looks like its only in the Fictional game.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-02-2015 at 06:09 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:10 AM   #152
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

When I create a historical NHL-sim, I can't overwrite Joe Average.

I have to add another GM where I can overwrite Joe Average and enter my name ... but when I delete the existing Joe Average the game creates another GM.

That forces me to select myself as the GM each time I open the game ... just one click, but frustrating.

Name:  screenshot_20151002_130633.png
Views: 374
Size:  12.6 KB

Just like the fact that you still can't switch from one sim to another without using the starting page
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 07:58 AM   #153
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

By "sim end tab" you mean the "Press ESC or click to stop sim"?

Your description does not sound like a crash or freeze (in that case the game would not continue) but instead it seems the day it is simulating just takes a little bit longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
I'm still getting Fictional League game freeze-ups. Right after the start of a game(happens once in awhile but seems too be increasing) the game freezes and I can't move forward playing the game(in commish mode). I can escape the game by hitting the sim end tab.

Playing on a lap top,Windows 7.

I have a present day NHL/AHL.ECHL game and haven't noticed any freeze-ups. So it looks like its only in the Fictional game.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #154
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
When I create a historical NHL-sim, I can't overwrite Joe Average.
If I understand correctly, you can't enter anything into the "Name" and "Last Name" field on the Add Manager Dialog?

I did that thousands of times and I never heard that someone has problems. Are you on a Windows or Mac PC? It works in modern and/or fictional games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germaniac View Post
Just like the fact that you still can't switch from one sim to another without using the starting page
Like it or not but it is by design.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:07 AM   #155
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
By "sim end tab" you mean the "Press ESC or click to stop sim"?

Your description does not sound like a crash or freeze (in that case the game would not continue) but instead it seems the day it is simulating just takes a little bit longer.
The game that is being played freezes right at the start of the game. The game then can't continue,however ,I can still escape from the game screen and finish the game with stop sim.

Other games from that scheduled day can be played(sometimes another game does the same thing above).

It is doing it in my NHL/AHL/ECHL as well ,so its not just a Fictional League thing.

At least I can finish the game unseen and can continue. The game being played freezes(not all the time) but like I said can escape the screen when hitting sim end tab.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-02-2015 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:34 AM   #156
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

You talk about playing out a game? What does "freezes right at the start of the game"? Can you do a screenshot when it is frozen?

And how do you escape the game screen? And what is "stop sim"?

I try to help but I don't really understand you.

Thx for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
The game that is being played freezes right at the start of the game. The game then can't continue,however ,I can still escape from the game screen and finish the game with stop sim.

Other games from that scheduled day can be played(sometimes another game does the same thing above).

It is doing it in my NHL/AHL/ECHL as well ,so its not just a Fictional League thing.

At least I can finish the game unseen and can continue. The game being played freezes(not all the time) but like I said can escape the screen when hitting sim end tab.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #157
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

I don't know how to do screen shots.

a.)The game starts
b.)Within 10 seconds the game freezes(not always,maybe 30 percent of the time).
c,)The game that's being played is unable to continue(it can finish,however).
d.)The game can finish(without watching the remainder of the game) by hitting the Sim End tab.
e.) once the game freezes(usually seconds after starting) the only thing that works to move the game along is Sim End tab. The pop up screen appears and asks if I want sim to end.

I'm just wondering since the same thing is happening in both worlds(or both games),what would happen if I deleted both games and started a new game (with no editing) would the problem still exist?

Since there was a lot of editing in one game,would that effect the game play of the other game?

Watch Mode-Action Expanded
Pbp speed-Fast
Clock speed-Fast

This is appearing in both worlds(Fictional League and real NHL/AHL/ECHL).
I did a lot of editing in the NHL/AHL/ECHL and very little editing in the Fictional League.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-02-2015 at 09:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #158
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I understand correctly, you can't enter anything into the "Name" and "Last Name" field on the Add Manager Dialog?

I did that thousands of times and I never heard that someone has problems. Are you on a Windows or Mac PC? It works in modern and/or fictional games?
Yes, and it only happens when I start an NHL-sim ... just try it:

Create an NHL-sim, starting year 1966 ... Joe Average is there.

I can't overwrite it, I have to add a manager - but when I then delete Joe Average, a new manager is created.

And when I start the league, I always have to select myself to be able to load the league.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 10-02-2015, 09:32 AM   #159
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like it or not but it is by design.
Is there any programming logic in this or is it just a case of "That's the way it is, because that's the way it is" ?

Happy Chandler, 1947
Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 AM   #160
tarashnat
Major Leagues

Install from Steam on Mac

I bought the Mac version from Steam. I had a problem with the initial install. I appears either some file(s) got corrupted and/or some were missing. My clue to the issue was there were data issues in the set up screen where the pull downs had weird or missing data. I was ready to be disappointed with the game, but I decided to quit and delete the game from Steam and delete any remaining files and redownloaded. This seems to have resolved the issue.

An integrity check on first run of the game may be a good idea to detect these issues and not generate crazy bug reports from people with a failed install.
tarashnat is offline   Reply With Quote