Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2018, 12:11 PM   #61
bp_
Hall Of Famer

I haven't been keeping up with the news, but I see in the screen shot on pg 1 of this thread something called Perfect Team. I searched the forum and didn't find anything specific. Has any info been provided beyond the info when you start up the game?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:12 PM   #62
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

From the newsletter:

"Finally, we have an exciting new online feature called PERFECT TEAM that we’ll unveil this summer, with an open Beta happening this spring. Stay tuned to learn all about it."

You'll find a bit more discussion and info on it around the forums as well if you search through them.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #63
Aaron's Aron
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The Print Screen key will work. Alt-Print Screen grabs the active window. Then you can paste into an image program.
Hmm, I can try that again. I think I've got it to work, but I have to leave the toolbar auto-hidden, which is annoying and I don't want to do. I know in last years version I didn't have to do that. I changed the resolution to fit my computer, but once I un-hid the toolbar, it locked it back into full screen. Hmmm.

EDIT: Yeah, changing the window size didn't do anything. And now when I click on things, the mouse has to be slightly higher than where the buttons/words actually are.

Last edited by Aaron's Aron; 03-19-2018 at 12:24 PM.
Aaron's Aron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #64
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
You should probably PM Lukas Berger about the installation process, he'll be able to help.
Thanks. For better or worse, I already did it. Should be OK. Told it not to overwrite anything, so original ballparks files were protected.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:21 PM   #65
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I’m at the local community theater. Our big show is this weekend so I have to be here. Im chomping on the bit to be home. Won’t get to the game til later in the evening. Sucks to be me today on many levels. Lol
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron's Aron View Post
Hmm, I can try that again. I think I've got it to work, but I have to leave the toolbar auto-hidden, which is annoying and I don't want to do. I know in last years version I didn't have to do that. I changed the resolution to fit my computer, but once I un-hid the toolbar, it locked it back into full screen. Hmmm.
The game automatically switches to full screen if your screen resolution is really small (fixing the taskbar is one reason) and it needs the space to properly work.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:26 PM   #67
sealbc
Minors (Double A)

The one thing i notice in playing out 3d mode.The leg on the players are blinking.It is like they are running on 1 leg.Like we went from pawns too the skeleton effect .Almost looking like real players playing now.I have all kinds of issues playing a game out in 3d .I see players with half a head or half a body.I have tried too fix it threw 3d options in settings.This is a major disappointment with all these 3d issues i am having.At least the pawns were not blinking and showing half a body for me.everything in my machine is updated.Everything else is well done with the new look.I just need too get this 3d issue of mine fixed.It is driving me nuts playing out a game.

Last edited by sealbc; 03-20-2018 at 12:01 PM.
sealbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #68
DahLZy
Bat Boy

How does transferring a save from OOTP 18 work? As in, do we still get all the updated features (scouting, etc.)

EDIT: Looking at transferring my OOTP 18 save when I get home to OOTP 19.
DahLZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #69
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLZy View Post
How does transferring a save from OOTP 18 work? As in, do we still get all the updated features (scouting, etc.)

EDIT: Looking at transferring my OOTP 18 save when I get home to OOTP 19.
There is a button in the entry screen "Import OOTP 18 Game".
Old 03-19-2018, 12:37 PM   #70
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

LOVE the new scouting reports.

I also like that the nick names are in a subtext now so they're not screaming at you anymore.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #71
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post

I would think it would go in the ballparks folder which is in This PC > Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 19 > ballparks folder would it not? The data folder contains fonts, skins, background, Help, loading, loading_text, logo, team logos, and Website. There is no ballparks folder there. Do I extract it to both locations?
Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #72
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
So does that mean my screen is too small? I'm not really sure what to do about that. I checked OOTP 18 and I have all of the settings the same way on OOTP 19 now, but 19 still has issues where as 18 is fine.

I still can't figure out the screen shot/printscreen thing. Printscreen just takes a picture of whatever I have open behind OOTP (in this case the forums).

Thank you for the help and I'm sorry for being difficult. The game looks really good, so I'm excited to play and want to get to it as soon as possible!

EDIT: I figured out how to add pictures!
Yes, that is a really small screen... I am not aware we made any changes in this regard compared to OOTP 18 though, OOTP always switched to fullscreen if there was not enough screen estate available.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:40 PM   #73
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Fantastic!
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #74
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
I would think it would go in the ballparks folder which is in This PC > Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 19 > ballparks folder would it not? The data folder contains fonts, skins, background, Help, loading, loading_text, logo, team logos, and Website. There is no ballparks folder there. Do I extract it to both locations?
Yes, you're right. I forgot there's no "data" folder anymore.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:44 PM   #75
andjbock
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prono View Post
Still importing from last year, been waiting in the first day of free agency for 2 weeks for OOTP19 so I can continue. Can't wait to continue on, but looks great so far!
Same here. Stuck on 12/31 of last season for 10 days.

Importing last season, but had to go back to work before it finished.
andjbock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:48 PM   #76
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Yes, you're right. I forgot there's no "data" folder anymore.
There is a data folder, but it's always contained a small amount of things like skins, and fonts. The things like facegen, database, schedules etc are in the OOTP Baseball 19 folder as they always have been. No need to be embarrassed about it. Simple mistake my man.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:49 PM   #77
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Sorry for the possibly misplaced post, admins feel free to move it if you wish. I want to copy pictures of real players but I can't seem to find where they should go. I'd really appreciate a bit of help! Thank you for creating the BEST baseball sim ever!!!
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #78
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles Eternally View Post
Sorry for the possibly misplaced post, admins feel free to move it if you wish. I want to copy pictures of real players but I can't seem to find where they should go. I'd really appreciate a bit of help! Thank you for creating the BEST baseball sim ever!!!
Photos or FaceGen? There are folders for both of them in your This PC > Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 19 folder. For photos, put them in the photos folder. For FaceGen, put them in the fg_files folder.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:52 PM   #79
gmans5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Playing

Love the new 3d graphics. Makes me actually watch every game rather than a quick simulation.
gmans5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #80
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
For reference, here is my OOTP 18 screen, on what I believe to be the same settings.
I'll move this into the bug reports forum.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.