Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-14-2017, 03:37 PM   #61
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

I believe those Derby bats are corked/loaded as well. Just a hunch. His power is 80 regardless.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #62
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless' Socks View Post
I believe those Derby bats are corked/loaded as well. Just a hunch. His power is 80 regardless.
To me, the most impressive part of his performance was not the 500+ ft homers, it was the almost effortless opposite field pop flies that not only left the park, but easily cleared the wall. He doesn't just have pull power.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:02 PM   #63
msupoke
All Star Reserve

He is a great player on an average team. The only thing that annoyed me about the All-Star game was him starting in right field instead of Springer. He should have played in left because Springer is head-and-shoulders better defensively.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:16 PM   #64
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3NEIZE View Post
Sure, but in that carnival show, it was Judge the one who shot four 500+ foot homers, no one else touched 500....
Last I checked, no extra runs come from distance in real games. I'll repeat; I like his talent and his results playing baseball but da Judge ain't da King just yet.

When Judge averages 9.8 WAR/162 games over several seasons as Mike Trout has, I'll wave the pom poms for him too.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:17 PM   #65
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Avoid K's For Judge?

Someone posted he completely turned the AVOID K's around. LMAO. He's on a crisp pace to STRIKEOUT 203 times. What was it supposed to be 400?
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #66
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffTitansBaseball View Post
Bellinger is already showing signs of cooling off. t
Yeah, not so much, unless you consider a "cycle" as cooling down
Old 07-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #67
X3NEIZE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Last I checked, no extra runs come from distance in real games. I'll repeat; I like his talent and his results playing baseball but da Judge ain't da King just yet.

When Judge averages 9.8 WAR/162 games over several seasons as Mike Trout has, I'll wave the pom poms for him too.
Judge will probably never reach the level of Trout, but he will probably hit more HR and mos definitely longer ones for sure... All i'm saying is that he can be the HR king... I don't think we'll see another Trout just like we will never see another Messi

X3NEIZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #68
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner and Giants Fan View Post
Yeah, not so much, unless you consider a "cycle" as cooling down
this statement is the equivalent of pointing out cold days as evidence against the validity of "global warming." (or that congressman that used a snowball as a prop to do the same thing)

http://www.hardballtimes.com/top-10-...es-in-history/

a cycle is just an anomaly.. more likely with better players, but still a tiny % of occurence for them too.

all these kids show great promise, but nothing so unusual that it has to be generational talent, yet. trout has shown it... harper is showing it (inuries hampered him, i guess... not a nats fan) for multiple years. all that remains for them is health and dedication. maybe these show themselves to be equivalents too.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 03:47 PM   #69
davor999
Bat Boy

See Judge's contact potential just got bumped up to 60 in the latest update, while keeping his Avoid K's low.
Seems like a nice change.
Time to start a new Yankees GM game tonight - wait a couple of years then Gleyber Torres followed by Judge in the heart of lineup looks pretty good now.
davor999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:53 PM   #70
Mariner and Giants Fan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
this statement is the equivalent of pointing out cold days as evidence against the validity of "global warming." (or that congressman that used a snowball as a prop to do the same thing)

http://www.hardballtimes.com/top-10-...es-in-history/

a cycle is just an anomaly.. more likely with better players, but still a tiny % of occurence for them too.

all these kids show great promise, but nothing so unusual that it has to be generational talent, yet. trout has shown it... harper is showing it (inuries hampered him, i guess... not a nats fan) for multiple years. all that remains for them is health and dedication. maybe these show themselves to be equivalents too.
I was just teasing sheesh. Oh and I do believe that global warming is a "catch-Phrase" for the cyclical nature of our planet's weather patterns that we have not been around long enough to understand.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:10 AM   #71
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

I predict Judge will end up hitting .268/.383/.589 with 47 HR this year.

What's your prediction?
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:11 AM   #72
koohead
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I predict Judge will end up hitting .268/.383/.589 with 47 HR this year.

What's your prediction?
I started to reply to this with the question of "you predict this, or is that the average of 100 sims of the season?" and then realized that if OOTP18 predicts it, it technically is Markus predicting it. HA.

.303/.415/.608. 44 HR.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:43 PM   #73
Rayzor
All Star Starter

With the new update I ran another MLB 2017-2045 sim, Judge did better this sim but left MLB for the Chinese Baseball League
Name:  Aaron Judge (2).jpg
Views: 432
Size:  378.8 KB
Rayzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:16 PM   #74
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

in my initial 2017 save he was pretty bad, so I was able to trade for him and he rewarded me with a series of sub .200 with 25 home run seasons.

at least it was interesting to have him and Stanton (who is usually easy to trade for since Mia is trying to dump his salary) hitting back to back in the lineup

when I started a new 2017 save this week he was much improved and thus proved impossible to trade for. (which is very realistic IRL I dont see the Yankees moving him) and he had a so - so season but very high potential. will be interesting to see how he develops going forward.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 03:31 PM   #75
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

and then this thread led me to put together a crazy offer and what do you know:

for the record I had to give up this:

Mad Bum is 79/79 and signed through 2026 - but I was willing to give him up because in my experience he usually declines to be not worth is contract

Dyson 78/78 - closer, but in last year of contract and I wasnt going to give him the big bucks he wanted

Soto 21/70 - my top OF prospect

Arroyo a 24/70 upcoming 3B wiht a contact of 8 - the one I least wanted to part with. But I had a couple other guys who could give me most of what he could

Williamson a 28/34 above avg but the easiest to replace corner OF who was the key in the "make this work" part

bottom line I probably gave up more then i wanted to - but it was too much fun to rebuild the Giants around a Posey-Trout-Judge core.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 06:13 PM   #76
BlueSkull
Minors (Single A)

This thread's activity seems to fluctuate with Judge's OPS :-P
BlueSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:15 AM   #77
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
Someone posted he completely turned the AVOID K's around. LMAO. He's on a crisp pace to STRIKEOUT 203 times. What was it supposed to be 400?
That would be me, or at least I was one of them who said so. Mea culpa.

You know, it's a remarkable thing about baseball. Here we were (I was), all excited about this guy up to the All-Star break. MVP. MVP. Now he looks like a palooka.

Again we may have witnessed one of those strange streaks where a player will surprise and surpass all expectations only to have the rest of the league, or the player himself, catch up with him and make it "normalized."

Yet again, we may still see this player rise up once once more and reach the heights, perhaps consistently enough to be called great. The point? You never know in baseball until it's over.

A salute to MH for somehow capturing this kind of phenomenon in OOTPB. Not in particular about Aaron Judge and how he performs in the game, but I do see this type of thing regularly in all my leagues.

- Bru

Last edited by Déjà Bru; 09-02-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Déjà Bru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:49 PM   #78
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

you never know, this is true... however, you (and anyone else) did not play the odds

one side was absolute in their thinking with no other possible choice, and one side put it into proper perspective relative to the integrity of the data given. that's the first bad omen you're on the "wrong" side, when it's rigid / closed off to realistic possibilities.

1/2 a season is ripe for terrible, terrible, terrible information. it's mostly useless on its own. this is history that repeats itself. nothing new here; it's normal. That does not preclude greatness, but it also doesn't have much of a correlation, either.

Last edited by NoOne; 09-02-2017 at 01:53 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 01:58 PM   #79
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Gallo might end up with more HRs than Judge while playing less games
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #80
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspomeranians View Post
Gallo might end up with more HRs than Judge while playing less games
Nope, not likely now. Congratulations to Aaron Judge for setting the record for home runs by a rookie with his 50th blast today. He has come back with a bang in September, after swooning in July and August.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is online now   Reply With Quote