Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Faaip De Oiad
Minors (Triple A)

Anyone else not getting compensation picks?

The last two years I was supposed to get one from LA and from BOS and I do not get them. I guess the didnt have one to give. Is this what is happening? I should not get an email if I am not getting a pick. This is where the league should give a pick equal to compensation no matter if the team has one to give or not. You should be compensated no matter what. I find this a bit annoying.
Faaip De Oiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

Since the patch it's been somewhat sporadic for me. I recently completed an offseason where I signed a team's Type A free agent and that team signed my Type A free agent. We should have technically swapped picks (both at the end of the first round), but we wound up with the regular draft order.
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
Faaip De Oiad
Minors (Triple A)

To me it is a big deal because I let the guy walk and I could have kept him. I would like to build with the draft and losing the #3 overall pick really stung. That was last year, this year I lost the #13 overall. When you put a good product on the field and can get some extra first rounders, I think you have a good recipe for success. I will not be able to find that out this go around anyway. I know there will not be another patch anytime soon. One gripe about the game is how intricately it follows baseball yet we cant mimic the real rules for compensation.
Faaip De Oiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
tysok
Hall Of Famer

This was logged, I don't remember if it was claimed fixed for this patch. If you could confirm that you are using the first patch and this is still a problem post it in tech support and someone who can get into TT will get it regressed... no idea why my computer won't log in to it right now.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour... is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. (Vince Lombardi)

I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom. (George S. Patton)
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
Kiko1313
Minors (Double A)

I haven't actually gone through a draft yet, but if you wanted to do it the way it's done in real life (with sandwich picks instead of taking a teams picks away from them), couldn't you re-arrange the draft order for each round? It may sound like a lot of work, but you would only have to do it for 3 rounds or so.

I may be way off since like I said I haven't gone through an OOTP2007 draft yet, and I may not fully understand the real world compensation format. But here's what I'm thinking, for simplicity I'll use a 4 team league (this is an attempt to mimic real world where they get sandwich picks):

Team 1 lost a Type A player (gets a pick after the 1st round is done, right?)
Team 2 didn't lose any players
Team 3 lost a Type A and Type B player (gets picks after 1st round is done and when 2nd round is done)
Team 4 lost a Type B player (gets pick after 2nd round is done)

Real Life
Round 1:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 1 (compensation)
Team 3 (compensation)

Round 2:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4
Team 3 (compensation)
Team 4 (compensation)

In OOTP:
Round 1:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4

Round 2:
Team 1
Team 3
Team 1
Team 2

Round 3:
Team 3
Team 4
Team 3
Team 4

Rounds 4 and on:
Team 1
Team 2
Team 3
Team 4

The overall order ends up being the same, the only difference is the round #'s would be off a little bit from what they should be. But that doesn't really matter as long as the teams are drafting in the correct order.

Is this possible to do? Can you tell who is entitled to compenstation picks after free agency? If not, I guess this would be very tough to do by hand.

Last edited by Kiko1313; 04-12-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Kiko1313 is offline   Reply With Quote