Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:26 PM   #1
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Team colors keep changing

I have the option "Lock team textures" checked for all teams in my fictional league (because the colors were still messing up beforehand), but every time I start the game up, each team's colors are randomly assigned. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I never had the same problem in OOTP 17.
Sam_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
crawdad5000
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_15 View Post
I have the option "Lock team textures" checked for all teams in my fictional league (because the colors were still messing up beforehand), but every time I start the game up, each team's colors are randomly assigned. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I never had the same problem in OOTP 17.
Having the same problem but just with the first option for colors. I think it's "team primary color"?
crawdad5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:12 PM   #3
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

I was having the same problem and I *think* I found the solution.

Unlock the team colors before you set them, then lock them once you set them. This worked for me. My speculation is when you change the colors while they are still locked the changes won't take hold.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:01 AM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
I was having the same problem and I *think* I found the solution.

Unlock the team colors before you set them, then lock them once you set them. This worked for me. My speculation is when you change the colors while they are still locked the changes won't take hold.
Nope, no cigar, Curve Ball Dave. That does not work.

Bug!

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #5
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue...so I'll give this thread another bump!
Old 03-31-2017, 06:56 AM   #6
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Works for me!
Please help me to find the problem:
Start OOTP and enable debug log in Game Settings->Troubleshooting. Then load the fictional league and go to the team color dialog, change the color, lock it, make a screenshot for me, save league and close OOTP.
Restart OOTP, go to the color dialog, make another screenshot for me with the changed colors. Go to Game Settings->Troubleshooting and click on "open debug file". Save it and send it to me with the screenshots.
Thanks!
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:15 PM   #7
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Sent. Still not working, hopefully you find the issue.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sent. Still not working, hopefully you find the issue.
I confirm this. The issue was not resolved by 18.3.40. Please fix in the next patch.

- Bru

Old 04-04-2017, 08:31 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Here's another report of this problem:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=276851

- Bru

Old 04-05-2017, 12:34 AM   #10
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I confirm this. The issue was not resolved by 18.3.40. Please fix in the next patch.
I suspect we still need more info to track this down. Were you able to send yours to Andreas as he mentioned above?

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
I suspect we still need more info to track this down. Were you able to send yours to Andreas as he mentioned above?
No, because he was talking to somebody else. But here's the deal, and maybe a clue:

If you use logos which contain the html team and text color codes in the file name, such as louisiana_state_tigers_808080_FFFFFF.png, and you have the database pointing correctly to your logos file (default or customized), and your team names match the logo file names with underscores for spaces, and you go to Game Settings>Players & FaceGen>Team Picture Functions and click Reset All Team Logos, and you restart the game, that does the trick. The team colors do not change after that.

It would appear that the error is in the Modify Team Colors, Logos and Uniforms looking for the team logo, finding it but seeing no html team and text color codes, then selecting new colors randomly without regard to whether the previous colors were locked or not. The above procedure solves my problem but this remains a bug as of patch 18.3.40.

- Bru

Old 04-05-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
Works for me!
Please help me to find the problem:
Start OOTP and enable debug log in Game Settings->Troubleshooting. Then load the fictional league and go to the team color dialog, change the color, lock it, make a screenshot for me, save league and close OOTP.
Restart OOTP, go to the color dialog, make another screenshot for me with the changed colors. Go to Game Settings->Troubleshooting and click on "open debug file". Save it and send it to me with the screenshots.
Thanks!
I posted an appeal in the General Discussions forum for anybody still having this issue to follow your procedure. I linked to this post. As for myself, I went through the process of updating all my college league logos with the html team and text color codes in the file names, so I don't want to go back and replicate the issue at this time. Please read my post above, however, because you may be able to replicate it yourself. Use customized logos without the html codes and see for yourself.

- Bru

Old 04-14-2017, 10:41 AM   #13
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
- Fixed bug where OOTP reset team colors after changing them
I believe this is the fix, in today's patch (18.4.45). If so, I am quite grateful. The system works! (Bug reporting, that is. )

- Bru

Old 04-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #14
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I believe this is the fix, in today's patch (18.4.45). If so, I am quite grateful. The system works! (Bug reporting, that is. )
I saw this in Markus's post, and I got excited. I appreciate the effort that the OOTP team is putting in.

However, I just tried it out on my computer and the bug is still there. It seems something may have been overlooked. I updated my game and changed my teams' colors, closed the game, reopened it, and the colors reset to random again.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:07 PM   #15
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I saw this in Markus's post, and I got excited. I appreciate the effort that the OOTP team is putting in.

However, I just tried it out on my computer and the bug is still there. It seems something may have been overlooked. I updated my game and changed my teams' colors, closed the game, reopened it, and the colors reset to random again.
I'm also still getting the problem.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #16
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:

If it's reproducable, it should be easy to find and fix. Please send me the saved game and the exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:54 PM   #17
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
If it's reproducable, it should be easy to find and fix. Please send me the saved game and the exact step-by-step instructions how to reproduce the problem.
Do you want me to send the entire league folder as a .zip file, or just the .lg file?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:07 PM   #18
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Do you want me to send the entire league folder as a .zip file, or just the .lg file?
I'll need the .dat files from the saved game's .lg folder please (as a ZIP file). What is the name of one of the teams where this happens?
Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #19
Sam_15
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I'll need the .dat files from the saved game's .lg folder please (as a ZIP file). What is the name of one of the teams where this happens?
Sent. My team name is the "Spokane Knights" but every team in the league has the same problem. I explained more in the email...if you need anything else just let me know.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:23 AM   #20
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Hope this is fixed in the next patch.