Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions General chat about the game...

Old 09-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #101
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

so any league already started will need adjusting? correct?

Also...shouldn't the default yearly financials be changed? As of now, they are not.

Last edited by PSUColonel; 09-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #102
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
so any league already started will need adjusting? correct?

Also...shouldn't the default yearly financials be changed? As of now, they are not.
I would assume you need to change them for an already started league. I had a template I was using. I changed the template to use the new defaults.
rdomico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #103
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

But doesn't this make the "yearly financial setting" a total non-feature now? I mean if you can't use them, and must now use the NEW defaults, what was the pointof this "feature" to begin with?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #104
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
But doesn't this make the "yearly financial setting" a total non-feature now? I mean if you can't use them, and must now use the NEW defaults, what was the pointof this "feature" to begin with?
I don't think it's that cut-and-dried. If you stray from the defaults, there are effects for your league, obviously. It's up to you to find out what effects you want if you aren't satisfied with the default. In the note on the new update, Markus said he "Tweaked teams spending behavior" in addition to adjusting the "default financial numbers in fictional leagues to give teams more money to work with," so the fix is about more than just the financial settings.

Last edited by Cinnamon J. Scudworth; 09-01-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #105
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomico View Post
I used the new default settings.
They look the same to me? (default MLB)

Care to post what ones you are using now?

Thank you!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #106
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Thank you!
The note for the update said financial setting tweaks for fictional leagues, specifically, so maybe it doesn't apply to the MLB setup.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #107
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon J. Scudworth View Post
The note for the update said financial setting tweaks for fictional leagues, specifically, so maybe it doesn't apply to the MLB setup.
That's odd.. because that's where it's also needed.

Anyway.. I'm comfortable with the settings I have now and believe if you use the drop down in the financial settings to pick say, 2010 - it's wrong as it has cash maximum at $1,450,000.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #108
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Thank you!
Just add a fictional league and see what the settings are. I did that and them copied them to my template.
rdomico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #109
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomico View Post
Just add a fictional league and see what the settings are. I did that and them copied them to my template.
Ok, those were the same as I changed mine to.

Now, I also noticed that AI player evaluation settings are set to 40/40/15/5 instead of 65/20/10/5.

I wonder what settings Markus believes yields the most accurate results?

The default MLB quickstart in v11 and v12 use the latter, but create a fictional league and the settings change to 40/40/15/5.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #110
neojonas
All Star Starter

Quote:
Ok, those were the same as I changed mine to.

Now, I also noticed that AI player evaluation settings are set to 40/40/15/5 instead of 65/20/10/5.

I wonder what settings Markus believes yields the most accurate results?

The default MLB quickstart in v11 and v12 use the latter, but create a fictional league and the settings change to 40/40/15/5.
40/40/15/5 has always been the default for fictional. 65/20/10/5 has always been the default for MLB rosters. I believe this is so the AI doesn't make as many wonky moves with the MLB roster. Or moves people perceive as wonky.

Looks like the only financial changes are the "Average National Media Contract" changed from $15 million to $20 million and "Average Local Media Contract" changed from $20 million to $25 million. When is the best time of the year to make this change and "Assign fictional financials to teams"? Start of the offseason, preseason, after playoffs?
neojonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57 PM   #111
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojonas View Post
40/40/15/5 has always been the default for fictional. 65/20/10/5 has always been the default for MLB rosters. I believe this is so the AI doesn't make as many wonky moves with the MLB roster. Or moves people perceive as wonky.

Looks like the only financial changes are the "Average National Media Contract" changed from $15 million to $20 million and "Average Local Media Contract" changed from $20 million to $25 million. When is the best time of the year to make this change and "Assign fictional financials to teams"? Start of the offseason, preseason, after playoffs?
I changed mine right away.. they should go into effect in the offseason.

As for the AI settings, I use MLB setup and I've changed mine to 40/40/15/5.. those seem more in line once your MLB setup has progressed into a "fictional" universe.

I still believe it makes better lineups (could be just me) and better AI decisions.. even if it's minute.