Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Hotfix 21.1.33 - OOTP 21 Available - FHM 6 Available

OOTP Baseball 21 Available Now!

  

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Korean

OOTP 19 - Korean For the Korean fans of OOTP!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,350
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,214x in 1,262 posts
Posting Fee

I was under the impression there isn't a maximum posting fee agreement between the KBO & MLB. In OOTP however, there is a posting fee of $25 M. Is there a reason for this?, or is it an oversight?

I think I did hear some rumors that a posting fee is being discussed between the two, but I also gathered it would likely be in the $9M neighborhood.


Thanks.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
Kyu-dong Kim
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Seoul, Korea Republic
Posts: 86
Thanks: 69
Thanked 95x in 55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I was under the impression there isn't a maximum posting fee agreement between the KBO & MLB. In OOTP however, there is a posting fee of $25 M. Is there a reason for this?, or is it an oversight?

I think I did hear some rumors that a posting fee is being discussed between the two, but I also gathered it would likely be in the $9M neighborhood.


Thanks.
Since December 2013, NPB's maximum posting fee is $20M. But There's not official posting fee maximum between KBO & MLB. "Maximum 9M$" was a rumor.

However, in OOTP, if there isn't a maximum limit on posting system, I don't know why AI doesn't use any posting system. so we make fictional option, and that option is not bad. (in my opinion, maximum 10M$~15M$ would be good)
Kyu-dong Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
PSUColonel (04-04-2018)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,350
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,214x in 1,262 posts
Right now it’s 25 million, which is more than Nippon
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:48 AM   #4
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,350
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,214x in 1,262 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyu-dong Kim View Post
Since December 2013, NPB's maximum posting fee is $20M. But There's not official posting fee maximum between KBO & MLB. "Maximum 9M$" was a rumor.

However, in OOTP, if there isn't a maximum limit on posting system, I don't know why AI doesn't use any posting system. so we make fictional option, and that option is not bad. (in my opinion, maximum 10M$~15M$ would be good)
what if I set it to no limit? (just like actual KB) Will it affect the OOTP KBO league financially? Will it create an imbalance?, or would things be fine. I can't help but think there is a reason 25 million was chosen, but I don't know why.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 08:17 AM   #5
Kyu-dong Kim
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Seoul, Korea Republic
Posts: 86
Thanks: 69
Thanked 95x in 55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
what if I set it to no limit? (just like actual KB) Will it affect the OOTP KBO league financially? Will it create an imbalance?, or would things be fine. I can't help but think there is a reason 25 million was chosen, but I don't know why.
No limit would be fine, but till OOTP18, whole posting system is out of order if we set posting fee limit to no limit. In ootp19, I didn't test that.

And, above all, there is a critical error at salary arbitration in KBO. Many teams release their important players to free agent, instead of arbitration. Maybe some problem of financial balance. I'm checking out that, and post a thread if I find why.

Last edited by Kyu-dong Kim; 04-08-2018 at 08:24 AM.
Kyu-dong Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #6
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,350
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,214x in 1,262 posts
I didn't realize KBO had arbitration...I always assumed it operated more like Japan.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #7
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer
 
PSUColonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 9,350
Blog Entries: 37
Thanks: 1,459
Thanked 2,214x in 1,262 posts
So you are saying quality players are NOT being offered arbitration, and thereby becoming free agents? Please let someone know about this, as the issue has the potential to affect international leagues. (specifically MLB because there isn’t a limit on foreign players). It sounds like there could be too many quality Korean things layers in the FA market as a result.
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:09 PM.

 

Major League and Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of Major League Baseball. Visit MLB.com and MiLB.com.

Officially Licensed Product – MLB Players, Inc.

Out of the Park Baseball is a registered trademark of Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co. KG

Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc.

Apple, iPhone, iPod touch and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

COPYRIGHT © 2020 OUT OF THE PARK DEVELOPMENTS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Out of the Park Developments