Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-17-2020, 04:19 PM   #1
swoboda
All Star Starter

Predictions - Sunday's Conf Championships

I see two one-sided affairs.

KC 38 TENN 20

SF 35 GB. 13

The late great Lindsey Nelson
swoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:32 PM   #2
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoboda View Post
I see two one-sided affairs.

KC 38 TENN 20

SF 35 GB. 13
Can't argue with it. Pack might get closer simply because they have more data on film they can cover up from their last game.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #3
Silverbullet
Minors (Single A)

Football scores

I agree with the Kansas City score, but Green Bay will beat SF 28-24
Old 01-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #4
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

I actually think Tennessee is going to win this. They're not Houston. Their D is better than people think.

I won't try and predict a score, but I don't think GB will win this simply because they don't match up well in the trenches against the 49ers. It's hard to gameplan around not being able to protect Rodgers. Just my ignorant opinion.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I see the KC-TN game potentially being closer

Will be legit surprised if GB can even keep it within 10
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #6
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Which do you want? My heart wants a Titans and Packers SB, my head says Chiefs and 49ers SB. Long as the Chiefs aren't there I'm not bothered, I just don't like Machines, before someone throws the racist flag, I don't like Rodgers. I get the feeling with both QBs that if they win it's down to them, if they lose it's down to everyone else. So long-winded answer I'm going Chiefs for hopefully a voodoo pick and 49ers.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
pilight
All Star Starter

Chiefs and Packers
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 04:10 PM   #8
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukhotstove View Post
Which do you want?
I will pull for whoever the AFC champion is. I prefer KC because I like Mahomes & the KC O is fun to watch. Plus, I think they have the best, most loyal fan base in the NFL. I would love to see those Chiefs fans get to celebrate the trophy.

But the Titans are underdogs, which I usually pull for. Plus, their franchise has never won the SB as the Titans or Oilers. And their fans had to endure "one yard short" in the one SB they got to play in.

Cheeseheads have already won 4 titles. Not to mention I don't like Aaron Rodgers. And I find their fan base overrated. I get tired of hearing how tough they are watching games in cold temperatures. If they couldn't stand the cold, they wouldn't be in frikkin' Green Bay. Nobody calls the Dolphins fans tough for watching games in 90 degree heat.

I have bad memories about the Niners fan base. There were a ton of them in the 90's I had to endure. Now I can't think of a single one that I know personally. Badwaggoners. Can't stand them. Not to mention the SF area has had the Warriors & Giants win it all recently. So they aren't starving for a champion.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 07:39 PM   #9
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Pulling for the Packers in the NFC because that's my daughter's favorite team and she's very invested. And we have family connections to the dude after whom the trophy is named (although I couldn't quite explain how... there are some dead uncles involved, but my mom's side of the fam has the last name)... Pulling for the Chiefs because I'd like to see Andy Reid get the (unfair, IMO) monkey off his back... That all all said, the Titans and Tannehill are a great story, and while I'm pretty much anti-Bay Area in all sports and more, I like Garoppolo...

So, a Super Bowl I rematch is my first choice.... and taking GB and the points; KC and giving the points...
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 10:35 PM   #10
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Packers and Cheifs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_I
Old 01-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #11
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

I watched a condensed remastered Super Bowl I from NFL Classic games. How the hell did they get it in HD? They pieced that together so well it was a pleasure to watch. A few things...…

I think there were 4 or 5 penalties in the entire game.

Even though it was officially called the AFL VS NFL game, the guys calling the game referred to it as the Super Bowl on more than one occasion.

Despite the lopsided score, the Chiefs were not out matched. Maybe the NFL had more quality teams in their league, but the AFL's best were every bit as good as the Packers. But in every game you can have a turning point whether it be a play or a series that can decide the game and that's what happened. Chiefs were not inferior at any position except for maybe RB.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:08 AM   #12
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Mostly all sports have changed penalty wise wether it be safety or people have just gone soft, football (soccer) you had to more or less assault a player to get a yellow or red card nowadays you only need look at someone to get one. Same with the NFL, pass interference and stuff like that since I started watching in 85 is or seems to be called more now than it was then.
Old 01-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #13
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Titans 7, Chiefs 30

Packers 14, 49ers 10
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 12:44 PM   #14
Hageneezz
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Mostly all sports have changed penalty wise wether it be safety or people have just gone soft, football (soccer) you had to more or less assault a player to get a yellow or red card nowadays you only need look at someone to get one. Same with the NFL, pass interference and stuff like that since I started watching in 85 is or seems to be called more now than it was then.
Snowflakes everywhere!
Hageneezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 04:16 PM   #15
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hageneezz View Post
Titans 7, Chiefs 30

Packers 14, 49ers 10
Have you been looking at the Madden predictions someone ran the Madden game and had the Titans/Chiefs something like the score you had.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:26 PM   #16
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Good game by the Chiefs offensive line. Mahomes had all day in the pocket and had room to run when there was nothing there. Any QB would have success under those conditions.

Rodgers has the tendency to do the same. Lets see if the 49ers allow him that luxury.
Old 01-19-2020, 07:45 PM   #17
CBeisbol
Banned

Quote:
Have you been looking at the Madden predictions someone ran the Madden game and had the Titans/Chiefs something like the score you had.
I don't play Madden, but I imagine, like OOTP, that if you had a hundred people run the game you'd come up with a variety of scores.

Looking at all those scores and finding some mean score would probably be more informative than looking at any individual score
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #18
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

Felt the commentary team made more of the Mahomes run than it was, good run but not great as the tackling was pretty poor. Think it was Brock about 2 yards out who seemed to be patting Mahomes. on the back rather than trying to stop him.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #19
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Felt the commentary team made more of the Mahomes run than it was, good run but not great as the tackling was pretty poor. Think it was Brock about 2 yards out who seemed to be patting Mahomes. on the back rather than trying to stop him.
Combination of both, but I lean more towards poor tackling. It was almost as if they were afraid of hitting him all game.

At some point a defense has to make a stand when the QB continues to run out of the pocket. Hate to say it, but Clowney did just that against the Eagles. I'm not suggesting to purposely hurt someone, but the QB has to get the message there might be consequences for leaving the pocket, not consider it one of his strengths.

I am and always have been a big fan of defense. I'm hoping that Mahomes gets his jock stapled to his forehead by the 49ers, and this is coming from a long time Cowboys fan. I have no ill will towards the 49ers anymore because there are grown adults of drinking age that aren't old enough to remember that rivalry.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:29 PM   #20
pilight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Combination of both, but I lean more towards poor tackling. It was almost as if they were afraid of hitting him all game.
Hitting the QB is a 15 yard penalty in today's NFL
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote