Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:57 PM   #821
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

someone else just would have bought it then relisted for 100K. hopefully the 60K wasnt so low it actually moved the last seven up

there goes the one copy that will be opened this week. great game feature making cards literally non-existent
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:58 PM   #822
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spieler View Post
No, there were two Gibson cards. I put one up for 149k/179k just to see what would happen. Shortly after, the 139k/140k card appeared (BTW thanks…).

So I cancelled mine and put it back up for 124k/129k. It sold in minutes.

There is a price point for these final collection cards. I have paid up to finish a collection myself. I do not see anyone getting 100 Ozzie (or any of the other end game cards) today for under 100-200k unless you are extremely lucky and/or patient. I imagine it will get only worse as the offseason continues.

And yes, while the sellers seem to be exceptionally greedy over 10k, the buyers seem to be extremely cheap over the same 10k. A virtual line in the sand, I guess.
Congrats on your sale. It's nice to hear a seller's perspective. And, if I'm being honest, part of the reason I post about AH bottleneck issues at all is to get a reaction from the other side (whether that results in a response post or not).

From what I've seen, anything above 130K and you're probably not gonna sell it. Might catch lightning in a bottle, but that seems about as much as Joe OOTP'er is willing to spend.

I will definitely get it for less than 100K. It's just a matter of getting a little bit lucky..refreshing at the right time (someone said they got one for 32K today...another guy mentioned buying for 55K a week or so ago), popping one from a pack, waiting out PP-starved sellers. We'll see how the market develops after the next batch of missions comes out, into the holidays, and into the run up to PT 3.0. I don't mind waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDRays View Post
I just sold a Bob Gibson for 69k on the auction house. It sold rather quickly, obviously. Wasn't feeling greedy, hope one of you that needed it got it!

Of course I had just bought it seconds earlier for 32k. So... they are out there.
Classic case of right place meeting the right time. If only I could refresh at the rate with some of you top guys out there...sadly, my job is not one where I can have OOTP open 24/7. It's a bit of a disadvantage.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #823
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
From what I've seen, anything above 130K and you're probably not gonna sell it.
And the next Hrabosky goes up for 130K. Bottleneckers seeing the same market as me.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:26 PM   #824
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
For some people, $1,000 is a ton of money and it would be prohibitive to spend as much on a silly electric baseball card game.

Some people can spend $1,000 on a bottle o' booze without feeling a pinch. Dropping one grand or five on PT is no harm to them, and if that is the bill that gets them all the Yankee Greats of history on Day 1 every year, so be it.

And as much as 90% of players don't want to hear it, group #2 is all that matters for a developer from a financial point of view; that 1% that spends a small fortune, and more than say the bottom 80% of players combined.

Disclaimer: I am somewhere in between here
Thanks and with dealing with a now 6 month old I couldn't justify spending $10 let alone $1,000.

Maybe in a few years and I agree the developers care and need the guys with deep pockets to keep it going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 01:15 AM   #825
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The good news for you is that you have a front-row seat to my everyday, ham-fisted approach at managing a team, and yet I still managed to place a $0 team in Perfect League (and many others have with more success), so there's no reason you can't indulge yourself fully in PT without bereaving your bank account.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:11 AM   #826
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Classic case of right place meeting the right time. If only I could refresh at the rate with some of you top guys out there...sadly, my job is not one where I can have OOTP open 24/7. It's a bit of a disadvantage.
Not missing out on much. I refreshed looking for any of the 90-92 Tigers diamonds probably every ten seconds for an entire day and not a single one showed up. That Gibson must have snuck in between one of my stl searches every five minutes. I'm already committed enough to embrace the suck for this run, but like Orcin this is not something I want to do for another year.

When missions are around from the start the market is going to look like it does now for all the unreleased teams. Any random diamond goes for 15-20K. Everyone will try to be a speculator but people who want to actually play the game with these cards are priced out.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #827
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
I've been looking for a simple bronze live card for a week and it's never up for auction. If anyone has a spare Wilmer Font, hit me up? I need to close out the Blue Jays mission
.....if anyone has a spare Andrew Knapp, let me know?

sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:01 AM   #828
emilempenza
Minors (Double A)

Finally got my hands on one of the diamonds needed to complete Charlie O's A's, that I've been after for what seems like an eternity but has probably only been a week. Not 100% convinced I'll have Baker in my team long term, but if I sell the SE Bender I got as the reward then him and 97 Waddell will have only ended up costing me maybe 15k between them, which is cool with me. Might train him to play SS as he looks great defensively.

More glad just to get a mission done as it feels like I've been stuck for a fair while. This game is pretty frustrating to play tbh, I'm pretty new and I'm already pretty sick of constantly checking the market in the vague hope of that card I need popping up at all, yet alone at an affordable price
emilempenza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #829
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilempenza View Post
Finally got my hands on one of the diamonds needed to complete Charlie O's A's, that I've been after for what seems like an eternity but has probably only been a week. Not 100% convinced I'll have Baker in my team long term, but if I sell the SE Bender I got as the reward then him and 97 Waddell will have only ended up costing me maybe 15k between them, which is cool with me. Might train him to play SS as he looks great defensively.

More glad just to get a mission done as it feels like I've been stuck for a fair while. This game is pretty frustrating to play tbh, I'm pretty new and I'm already pretty sick of constantly checking the market in the vague hope of that card I need popping up at all, yet alone at an affordable price
congrats on completing it.... yeah, it can get a bit frustrating to see nothing you need in the AH for days/weeks on end, only to have one pop in at an outrageous price (only thing worse is someone buying at that price to set the new bar for the market )...

finally nabbed Nellie Fox this morning to finish the Fox to Aparacio mission.... my reward from the Diamond pack: Cisco Carlos (who would have completed that same mission as well.... lol... this game does have a sense of humor at times it seems ).... at least he should fetch a decent price in the AH for me so I can work on the last 3 for Anson to Appling and finally finish off the CWS collection
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:14 AM   #830
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

If you can find one of the diamonds for the appling mission for under 100K then take it lol. Those guys and aaron/baker have been extinct for months
Old 11-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #831
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
If you can find one of the diamonds for the appling mission for under 100K then take it lol. Those guys and aaron/baker have been extinct for months
heh, yeah I know it's going to be a long wait, not to mention expensive.... but I'm nothing if not patient I've seen a couple of 'em pop in from time to time at not-super-outrageous prices, but didn't have the points for them... haven't seen the last 7 avg on any of the diamond cards in that mission for awhile, so not sure what they average these days (other than the crazy numbers for Lyons).

figure I'll either get lucky at some point, or v21 will come out and it'll be a miracle after that to finish it
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #832
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharknut View Post
.....if anyone has a spare Andrew Knapp, let me know?
Whoever it was, thank you. Going to get the Diamond Harper to close out the 2019 Phils and get Dykstra. I already have Eric Davis in center, so I will flip Lenny for 20,000PP or so

Last edited by sharknut; 11-07-2019 at 12:07 PM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #833
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Just paid 150 K for Gibson 97

Posting this to let Orcin know i wasnt creating false demand.

This is the reality of the market for completing that mission.
Attached Images

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 03:26 PM   #834
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

has the average corrected or does it still show up as 32K?
Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #835
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post

Glad I bowed out of that crazy rat race.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #836
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDesertAce View Post

I mean, if you let it be...takes two to tango on a sale. You can pay more to avoid the work of refreshing/waiting. Or you can pay less and work a bit harder at it. To each their own.

Luckily for guys like me who are unwilling to pay out the nose, there is a very finite number of guys like you that are.

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 11-07-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:25 PM   #837
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Luckily for guys like me who are unwilling to pay out the nose, there is a very finite number of guys like you that are.
Unluckily for guys like you and me, the finite number of these cards still appears to be significantly lower than the finite number of guys willing to pay out the nose.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:43 PM   #838
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Unluckily for guys like you and me, the finite number of these cards still appears to be significantly lower than the finite number of guys willing to pay out the nose.
Indeed.

But, with each pack I open my odds get infinitesimally larger at pulling the right card. And with each pack opened by anyone else not keyed into the chatter/missions, odds being decent they are duped by the faulty L7 prices, my odds increase even more. And, of course, when Yankees/Dodgers/Giants/Phillies missions come out the bottleneckers will be somewhat distracted by the next pit to mine for gold.

Part of what I like is the hunt. To be victorious on the virtual plains of the OOTP Serengeti with the corpse of the final mission card I need hanging from my agape mouth. You know? Just like that. Maybe I'm not describing that accurately.

Old 11-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #839
pgjocki
All Star Starter

So in this vain I have 150k PP on an account I started as soon as OOTP 20 was released and basically haven't touched due to my wife having a baby in April. I'm thinking about opening 150 packs and posting every card pulled here.

Who would be interested in seeing that and also letting me know if any cards are worth more than the last 7?

Old 11-07-2019, 09:47 PM   #840
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgjocki View Post
So in this vain I have 150k PP on an account I started as soon as OOTP 20 was released and basically haven't touched due to my wife having a baby in April. I'm thinking about opening 150 packs and posting every card pulled here.

Who would be interested in seeing that and also letting me know if any cards are worth more than the last 7?

you should start a new thread if you want do this

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote