Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-11-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
HipandKneeDoc
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can you keep your players from OOTP 19 to 20?

Maybe a noob question, but are we going to be able to keep our players into the next iteration of the game?

Thanx
HipandKneeDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #2
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipandKneeDoc View Post
Maybe a noob question, but are we going to be able to keep our players into the next iteration of the game?

Thanx
sort of.... PT v19 will continue to run at the same time as PT v20 but they will be separate universes... you'll need to build a new team from scratch in v20 but can still play the v19 squad over there
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #3
cavacom
Minors (Single A)

Short Answer: NO

Longer Answer: Perfect Team servers for OOTP 19 will carry on. Servers for OOTP 20 Perfect team are seperate. and you will start from scratch.
cavacom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:32 PM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavacom View Post
Short Answer: NO

Longer Answer: Perfect Team servers for OOTP 19 will carry on. Servers for OOTP 20 Perfect team are seperate. and you will start from scratch.
Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money. I brought it up to my wife. She says, " You need to find a money tree to plant out back"
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:07 PM   #5
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

I think this is going to be a HUGE mistake for PT. This was not clear from the beginning and many people like myself bought in thinking that this would be a persistent world regardless of OOTP version.

I initially invested roughly $300 before I realized this. My desire to put more money into the game, especially new versions is about zero since each version is isolated from one another.

I love iRacing and Hearthstone for the very reason that these are persistent worlds that you can build on your collection over years which makes the investment worthwhile to me. I was hoping to do the same with PT, but I am not investing several hundred dollars each year to be competitive and on top of that then loss access to this content a year or two down the road.

Just typing this out makes me frustrated and sad. The PT concept is sooo good, but I really don't understand the logic of making each year separate.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #6
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
I think this is going to be a HUGE mistake for PT. This was not clear from the beginning and many people like myself bought in thinking that this would be a persistent world regardless of OOTP version.

I initially invested roughly $300 before I realized this. My desire to put more money into the game, especially new versions is about zero since each version is isolated from one another.

I love iRacing and Hearthstone for the very reason that these are persistent worlds that you can build on your collection over years which makes the investment worthwhile to me. I was hoping to do the same with PT, but I am not investing several hundred dollars each year to be competitive and on top of that then loss access to this content a year or two down the road.

Just typing this out makes me frustrated and sad. The PT concept is sooo good, but I really don't understand the logic of making each year separate.

it's in the first post of the stickied FAQ thread... I'd say it was clear
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #7
humboldt1498
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
it's in the first post of the stickied FAQ thread... I'd say it was clear
No doubt the buck stops with me, but why would you assume that everyone is reading the forums before they play? I saw other release materials that were not clear and I guess I should have clarified before I put my money in.

My point still stands, this is a terrible design decision. There will never be more active players in PT then there are right now.

That being said, I still really enjoy PT and hope the developers can work on this aspect.

Last edited by humboldt1498; 02-11-2019 at 10:08 PM.
humboldt1498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:22 PM   #8
eldur00
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldt1498 View Post
No doubt the buck stops with me, but why would you assume that everyone is reading the forums before they play? I saw other release materials that were not clear and I guess I should have clarified before I put my money in.

My point still stands, this is a terrible design decision. There will never be more active players in PT then there are right now.

That being said, I still really enjoy PT and hope the developers can work on this aspect.

No card collectible game out there that releases a new yearly version have cards from previous years carrying over. It would be a terrible business decision. They already got your 300$, now all they have to do is to entice you into shelling that money over again in OOTP20. That's the way PTW models go.

That being said, you do have a point in that the vast majority of a player base of any game does not frequent forums or other social media outlets, and the in game information is lacking in certain aspects.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote