Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
stevem810
All Star Starter

2 teams in same league

Anyone else have both of their teams in the same league? Motown and Ann Arbor both in DL 387.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Yes, Doha and Great Lake. Both in P407
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
asaintsfan
All Star Reserve

Yup New Orleans and Bayou in P405. separate conferences - pretty cool if ask me. Can't wait to have all three of my teams in the same league. I would stay put
asaintsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #4
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yes Gryphons Red and Gold in D386. New friend list option on reseeding makes it fairly easy to do.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #5
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

How do you get a second team?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:26 AM   #6
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Get a 2nd email address.

My dad had his team in the league with the team we run together last year. Same conference, different division. Only played each other like 6 times, I think we ended up splitting the games.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I got to give everyone credit who can play with two teams let alone three. I have a hard time (Very hard time ) Keeping up with one. 😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Clearly if it was that hard you wouldn't win 70% of your games sir.

I run a 2nd team that is free, free teams mean you are always out of PP so less chances to tinker.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

edit, double post somehow

Last edited by CrazyWR; 02-07-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:12 PM   #10
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Clearly if it was that hard you wouldn't win 70% of your games sir.

I run a 2nd team that is free, free teams mean you are always out of PP so less chances to tinker.
But how do you watch all those games to see their tendency. Like who gets that runner to third with less then two outs. Who only hits when you are leading by 5 or more. Who does not hit in the clutch but gets 2 hits in a game that means nothing. Who gives up a big hit at the wrong time? Who gives up runs with 2 outs. There are so many smart players out there that use spreadsheets for that type of thing but I have to watch my team to know this. That is why I could never have 2 or more teams. I tinker for a reason and I could never be that smart to do that with more then one team. I give great credit for people who can. (If they win that is)
Old 02-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #11
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

And even if you have a spreadsheet to help you with that stuff I mentioned what about every series you play. Do they hit lefthanded better or right? How does your batters do against their starters for that series. I have to tinker with my starting lineups , I have to platoon my players and change my rotation at times. Sending a starter to the bullpen in a series because my opponent will hit him. Bringing up a lefty because they don’t do well against leftys. I just could not do all this and watch them perform with more then one team. So again I give GREAT credit to anyone who can.😁
Old 02-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #12
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
And even if you have a spreadsheet to help you with that stuff I mentioned what about every series you play. Do they hit lefthanded better or right? How does your batters do against their starters for that series. I have to tinker with my starting lineups , I have to platoon my players and change my rotation at times. Sending a starter to the bullpen in a series because my opponent will hit him. Bringing up a lefty because they don’t do well against leftys. I just could not do all this and watch them perform with more then one team. So again I give GREAT credit to anyone who can.😁

The thing is, I seriously doubt there are many players that are micromanaging to the extent that you are so managing more than one team wouldn't be that hard for them since they're not doing as much as you are. Of course, this is probably why you've been as successful as you've been, right?
Old 02-11-2019, 09:08 AM   #13
stevem810
All Star Starter

After spending a year with both teams in the same league I've changed my perspective. I like it. Yes, sometimes the one I want to 'win' loses to the other one, but, if you are a 'half cup full person' there is that silver lining. But, what I really like is that I don't have to log in/out nearly as much. I can see the results of both teams with one sign in. I say, keep my teams together!
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:39 PM   #14
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Quote:
I got to give everyone credit who can play with two teams let alone three. I have a hard time (Very hard time ) Keeping up with one. 😁

I got 3 teams. I staggered the start of each one to get used to 3 teams. My 1st one I've spent $$$. Next 2 I haven't & won't....really until the cards kinda play to their ranking. It's a b*tch to have a 90+ Luis Silverino, Kershaw......gets hammered game after game & some games being against way lower ranked cards
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #15
pgjocki
All Star Starter

Quote:
And even if you have a spreadsheet to help you with that stuff I mentioned what about every series you play. Do they hit lefthanded better or right? How does your batters do against their starters for that series. I have to tinker with my starting lineups , I have to platoon my players and change my rotation at times. Sending a starter to the bullpen in a series because my opponent will hit him. Bringing up a lefty because they don’t do well against leftys. I just could not do all this and watch them perform with more then one team. So again I give GREAT credit to anyone who can.
I set a line up on Monday and don't change usually until the following week. We are playing a drastically different game.

I don't even know how to watch a game, nor have the time working 50+ hour weeks with 3 kids over 16 in the house.

Congrats sir for your dedication.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2019, 04:36 AM   #16
joehart
All Star Starter

I can see the benefit of having a single team and using all the games logs and features to really make the most out of it. I see it with my kids. They often play out their games and see things that I would never have seen or noticed if it was not for the full replay and looking much deeper at the results.

For those folks with multiple teams that log in and out all the time, grab a keyboard or mouse with programmable buttons.
Our Logitech mouse / keyboard has been very helpful, especially when the kids use the same computer and want to log in and out all the time.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote