Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > Auction House Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Auction House Forum Looking for a particular card? Found a steal? Post here!

Old 01-11-2019, 06:51 AM   #1
zappa1
All Star Starter

stupid rule

Why should I lose my player for 14 days if I put him up for auction and I get NO bids? It's like I'm being punished for putting him up for auction. Why should I be punished for that? Nobody bid, no harm, no foul. Now I lose him for 14 days for nothing. Once again, so glad I don't spend money on this.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:22 AM   #2
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

(The following is under the assumption that you can have identical copies of cards on your reserve roster posted to the auction house without those reserve cards being put into 14-day purgatory)

I bet this has to do with cheating. Take a guy with too much time and money on their hands, who gobbles up five deGroms or any other perfect pitcher of your choice. Every time a deGrom pitches, he gets put on the auction house afterwards, in a 15 minute auction for 100m PP, which nobody bids on, so he returns to the reserve roster. Meanwhile, the next deGrom pitches, gets put up for 15 minutes and 100m PP and so on. This way you can have five cards of the same pitcher toss a whole season and have four roster spots left over for extra players of your choosing. By putting the card on hold for 14 days, this is circumvented, unless somebody is egregious enough to have *15* copies of the same card.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
(The following is under the assumption that you can have identical copies of cards on your reserve roster posted to the auction house without those reserve cards being put into 14-day purgatory)

I bet this has to do with cheating. Take a guy with too much time and money on their hands, who gobbles up five deGroms or any other perfect pitcher of your choice. Every time a deGrom pitches, he gets put on the auction house afterwards, in a 15 minute auction for 100m PP, which nobody bids on, so he returns to the reserve roster. Meanwhile, the next deGrom pitches, gets put up for 15 minutes and 100m PP and so on. This way you can have five cards of the same pitcher toss a whole season and have four roster spots left over for extra players of your choosing. By putting the card on hold for 14 days, this is circumvented, unless somebody is egregious enough to have *15* copies of the same card.

uh oh. I'm guessing that some super whaler will try this.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It's so that there's a penalty to auction players. Before doing this, someone in the beta period simply listed all their players to really expensive 15 minute auctions between sims, and then when they didn't sell, just put them back in the lineup.

Also, if there weren't a penalty, then you could more easily cheat to avoid the penalties. What would stop you from putting a guy up for auction for 15 minutes, and then when he doesn't sell, now he's on your reserve roster without the penalty delay?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #5
zappa1
All Star Starter

And here's another thing about that auction. When I put him up, he was in reserve and had 11 days to go before being reinstated. After the failed bid, he was returned to the reserve with 14 days to go, now. Why?

Also, I don't have ANY double cards. I don't cheat and hate cheaters. Despise cheaters, big time. No place for them. I spend not 1 cent on my team. I buy NO packs. I only go with what my team earns in PP. That's it. I'm as clean as clean can be as far as running the team. Steroid free.

Last edited by zappa1; 01-12-2019 at 12:42 PM.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:53 PM   #6
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
And here's another thing about that auction. When I put him up, he was in reserve and had 11 days to go before being reinstated. After the failed bid, he was returned to the reserve with 14 days to go, now. Why?

Also, I don't have ANY double cards. I don't cheat and hate cheaters. Despise cheaters, big time. No place for them. I spend not 1 cent on my team. I buy NO packs. I only go with what my team earns in PP. That's it. I'm as clean as clean can be as far as running the team. Steroid free.
What does spending money have to do with cheating and not being clean?
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 04:52 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:

No one accused you of cheating. It was explained that the rule is there to prevent anyone of cheating, not just you personally.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:53 AM   #8
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
No one accused you of cheating. It was explained that the rule is there to prevent anyone of cheating, not just you personally.
The devs need to go in and select the "Not a cheater" setting so he can play without this rule.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:15 PM   #9
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
AAlso, I don't have ANY double cards. I don't cheat and hate cheaters. Despise cheaters, big time. No place for them.
So do I, but you still need to chill. I gave you a hypothetical explanation for what you are seeing. Maybe lay off the smokes.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #10
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
It's so that there's a penalty to auction players. Before doing this, someone in the beta period simply listed all their players to really expensive 15 minute auctions between sims, and then when they didn't sell, just put them back in the lineup.
I did not realize the devs wanted to discourage the auctioning of players this much. That is fair and consistent with the 10% tax on the seller's end, even though the latter has normally been framed as a way to reduce points in the game. Otherwise, setting the minimum auction time to 420 minutes (or 30 or any other value that was sufficiently longer) would be simple enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Also, if there weren't a penalty, then you could more easily cheat to avoid the penalties. What would stop you from putting a guy up for auction for 15 minutes, and then when he doesn't sell, now he's on your reserve roster without the penalty delay?
Does this mean that it is too hard to make it so that unique cards would retain their previous timers upon return to their original owners? Also, is it possible for expired auctions to return our players to the reserve roster when we are offline so that the fresh 14 day timer could start sooner? Rewarding activity is a fair policy, but for those of us who cannot always be online...
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:33 AM   #11
taz20075
Minors (Rookie Ball)

TBH, the first time I saw that I was confused (because who reads the directions?) about the 14 day requirement.

I just assumed it would be treated like waivers is treated. You put a guy out there to see if anyone wants him and if they do you "trade" him to the other team. If not it's treated like he was unclaimed (or was pulled back).
taz20075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:05 PM   #12
reo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

No one says otherwise, but you asked and received your answer, no reason to get defensive, lol.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?
Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?
Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.
reo is offline   Reply With Quote