Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:17 AM   #1
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Post Text errors, typos, cosmetic issues go here!

Let's keep a single thread open for reporting all typos and text issues that come up. Anything that's just a typo, some text is cut off on a screen, a recap mentions the wrong team or person, etc.. we'll keep these all together in one place. Please include as much as is relevant - screenshots or exact wording of the text in question, as well as what is wrong and what it should read as.

Thanks,
Markus
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #2
Lolos
Minors (Single A)

Wording is not clear.
Not a bug assuming just an error on the code but in the trading section next to pending the "Trade Log" their is wording over it harder to see it.
Lolos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
tgreitsma
Minors (Double A)

Not sure if this is a problem with my computer specifically, but the cursor is a bit off.

The game is recognizing the pointer about half way down the cursor icon. Does that make sense? Just a little weird having to mentally adjust where the click location is.

I've tried resetting the game and my computer and the issue persists.
tgreitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #4
martyjay75
Minors (Double A)

Full Screen mode - Top Cropped

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I simply don't have the settings correct for my computer screen. But I noticed that when i switched the settings from windowed to full screen, the top line of text was cropped a bit. Below is a screen shot.
Attached Images
martyjay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
tgreitsma
Minors (Double A)

Team font cut off

In the team drop down menus, the tops of the team names are cut off very slightly. Screenshot below.
Attached Images
tgreitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #6
DustyElbows
Minors (Triple A)

Missing playoff history

Not entirely sure if this counts as a cosmetic issue, but for some teams, the playoff information is not correct on the team history page. See below (the Twins made the playoffs a bunch of those years).

Name:  new_game_2018-03-27_15-55-10.jpg
Views: 1066
Size:  233.0 KB
DustyElbows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Missing a city in the directory Haleburg, Alabama. Monte Irvin's place of birth.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

This is extremely cosmetic. Blame it on Anaheim. Just looked it up on Baseball-Reference, and as of the 2017 season it's the Los Angeles Angels, and they play at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. Prior to 2017, it was the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim playing at Angel Stadium of Anaheim. The game has them as the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, playing in Angel Stadium. Told you it was extremely cosmetic. Why can't they be normal down there. How about the Los Angeles Angels playing at Angel Stadium. Is it really that difficult? (Talking about Anaheim or Los Angeles or Orange County or whatever the heck they're calling it this week, not OOTP )

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-19-2018 at 07:26 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #9
groberts619
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Can barely see some retro and minor league logos with new dark background

I noticed the secondary logos for current MLB teams with dark colors are now white and have shrunk down to at least 112 px to go against the new dark background. I would've liked to have seen the change for all secondary logos in the game, including minor league and historical teams. I prefer using historical team logos for some teams. Now I'll have to manually create new logos to match against the new dark background.

(You can barely see the S in the 1998 San Diego Padres logo)
(If you notice also, the Dodgers logo is smaller than the other teams in the division. The sizes of the updated logos are inconsistent.)
Attached Images

Last edited by groberts619; 03-19-2018 at 09:35 PM.
groberts619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:00 PM   #10
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

Pitch location widget text seems a bit off.

See attached image. Numbers aren't centered in the red/green circles and pitch speed is getting cut off. I haven't messed with text sizes. 1920x1080 screen resolution, if that matters.
Attached Images
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:55 PM   #11
md40022
All Star Reserve

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreitsma View Post
Not sure if this is a problem with my computer specifically, but the cursor is a bit off.

The game is recognizing the pointer about half way down the cursor icon. Does that make sense? Just a little weird having to mentally adjust where the click location is.

I've tried resetting the game and my computer and the issue persists.
Yes. Absolutely having the same issue. Kind of an annoyance, results in clicking / selecting the wrong option, just below the option you actually wanted.... A couple sample photos attached, the finger in the pointer is at the above option, but the lower option remains highlighted. This problem is present with both the arrow cursor and the finger pointing cursor.
Attached Images
Image Image 
md40022 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 07:56 PM   #12
ptownjungle
Bat Boy

Sometimes upon first click, the words disappear. Here, MLB is no longer visible.
ptownjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #13
ptownjungle
Bat Boy

When I open up a submenu then go and open a different menu the submenu does not close and there is an overlap.

ptownjungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #14
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Win probability charts can be hard to read in the default dark mode:

The purple part isn't distinct enough from the dark background.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:18 PM   #15
nellie fox
Bat Boy

I didn't know where to put this. I've loaded the game but the activation # I was given by sellerate is not accepted. My email is rico19492 yahoo.com
nellie fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:27 PM   #16
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie fox View Post
I didn't know where to put this. I've loaded the game but the activation # I was given by sellerate is not accepted. My email is rico19492 yahoo.com
not certain what the issue is, but most likely it's a typing error, or a space at the end or start. Just guessing. here's a link that may (i hope) help. i've never had a problem with the esellerate # not being correct, but i have had issues with me entering it incorrectly.

Good luck and hope this link helps. it's a bit dated in the terminology, so don't let that throw you.

http://support.ootpdevelopments.com/...ation-problems
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-19-2018 at 09:46 PM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 PM   #17
Reed
All Star Starter

Classic skin mode during game play, Didn’t want to see defensive players ratings so selected “small” labels in option screen. Went back to game, labels were small but unable to read names. The names were in white on white background.
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:52 PM   #18
Echo127
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Are you making sure to include the letters "OOTP"? Because that's actually part of the activation code.
Echo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:04 PM   #19
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Were you copying it over manually from your records, or did you use the wonderful copy/paste feature? It hasn't let me down yet.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 12:03 AM   #20
BigCountryBumgarner
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Typo in scouting reports:

https://imgur.com/a/gS9Tf

"Isn't expected to be more than a complimentary player"

It should be complementary with an E, not complimentary.
BigCountryBumgarner is offline   Reply With Quote