Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:14 AM   #141
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

I have never played this game. I just looked it up on Steam. This might have already been answered but is this a NFL game?
Old 09-12-2018, 06:11 AM   #142
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
I have never played this game. I just looked it up on Steam. This might have already been answered but is this a NFL game?
It's not officially licensed but yes that's what it aims to recreate. In past versions of the game the real NFL player names and ratings would be included as well as the proper cities (as those arent copyrighted), but the team nicknames weren't correct .. for example something like Miami Wave instead of Dolphins. Those are easily editable though.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #143
Thegman0492
Minors (Double A)

Cole,

Thank you for your response. Now that OOTP has control of this game, can they get permission from the NFL for team mascots and such just like they did for OOTP Baseball?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:11 PM   #144
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegman0492 View Post
Cole,

Thank you for your response. Now that OOTP has control of this game, can they get permission from the NFL for team mascots and such just like they did for OOTP Baseball?
In theory, yes. Practically, I think it is unlikely (at least for this first edition) as it is probably a huge cost. Logos and team nicknames and everything typically missing from a licensed game can easily be added via mod though, so don't worry too much about it.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #145
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
In theory, yes. Practically, I think it is unlikely (at least for this first edition) as it is probably a huge cost. Logos and team nicknames and everything typically missing from a licensed game can easily be added via mod though, so don't worry too much about it.
To follow up on this, in FOF8, adding logos and nicknames is a one-time event that takes less then 2 minutes, and never has to be done again. And for MP leagues, it's just a commish task; the commish adds the logos/nicknames in his environment, and they automatically show up in the league members' environments when they do their initial downloading of league files.

Bottom Line: Licensing is a great thing for marketing purposes and long-term increases the reach and therefore allows more resources to be put into future versions, but for those of us who already know about the game, not having licensing is an issue that's easily overcome.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #146
burritonator
Bat Boy

Release Date

Is the release date for the new FoF set?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:11 PM   #147
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritonator View Post
Is the release date for the new FoF set?
It isn't. Here's the most recent info from Markus:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Guys, all is good. Development is progressing, Jim and Chris are working on the game full time. And we have a solid plan how the V1 release will be rolled out. We will share more about the game and have the proper announcement once we are ready to accept pre-orders, but this is still a few months away.

Once the official announcement is made, we'll engage in active discussions and answer all your questions
Old 09-14-2018, 06:39 PM   #148
burritonator
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
It isn't. Here's the most recent info from Markus:
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #149
OutS|der
Hall Of Famer

As long as they rid of the randomness to ratings for a new game this will be an instant buy from me.
I've tried FOF multiple times but the randomness of ratings just ruined it for me so I hope it gets rid of that.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:07 PM   #150
MIJB#19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutS|der View Post
As long as they rid of the randomness to ratings for a new game this will be an instant buy from me.
I've tried FOF multiple times but the randomness of ratings just ruined it for me so I hope it gets rid of that.
As far as I know, FOF2004, FOF2007, FOF7 and FOF8 all allowed you to turn randomness (X factor) on or off for the start of a career with 'real' players. Overall ratings will always look slightly different for each different start, because of margin of error for the scouting skills of your staff and with recent versions the random changes that happen in early pre-season.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:54 PM   #151
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

That's correct
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
As far as I know, FOF2004, FOF2007, FOF7 and FOF8 all allowed you to turn randomness (X factor) on or off for the start of a career with 'real' players. Overall ratings will always look slightly different for each different start, because of margin of error for the scouting skills of your staff and with recent versions the random changes that happen in early pre-season.
Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #152
cdcool
Minors (Single A)

Great New!!

Outstanding!!
Old 11-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #153
aParadox
Bat Boy

Smile Finally an OOTP quality FB game?

This is great news, provided there is commissioner functionality, player editing, and file formats for modders to share with other users.

My two big gripes with FOF were that I couldn't run a decent historical league (even with CSV patching and such) and that the UI was truly horrible. That is why I didn't play it more than a few weeks. But you could see that under the hood there was real depth. It was a shame.

I have been playing OOTP in several league variants since OOTP4. For this time I have also been looking for a decent FB sim with no success. I have trust that this will finally solve my FB sim problems...
Old 11-24-2018, 07:46 AM   #154
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

With it being the thick of the NFL season, is there any chance of us getting a couple screenshots to wet the whistle?
Old 11-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #155
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
With it being the thick of the NFL season, is there any chance of us getting a couple screenshots to wet the whistle?
Even better would be a quick update on where the game is as of now. Not asking for a release date, yet, just an idea of what's been done and what remains to be done.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #156
HavenHunting
Minors (Double A)

Any type of update would be great!
Old 11-24-2018, 06:08 PM   #157
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Even better would be a quick update on where the game is as of now. Not asking for a release date, yet, just an idea of what's been done and what remains to be done.
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=292679
Old 11-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #158
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Saw that but was hoping for an update since 2 months ago.

Last edited by james17; 11-25-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:20 PM   #159
nbryant
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
Will it make it happen any faster? No matter what gets posted there will be way to many here not satisfied. It's better they continue working it and posting what they can when they can than to constantly answer all the queries here.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:24 PM   #160
james17
All Star Starter

I don’t think posting an update every 2 months of a few sentences is going to delay a programming project or be a real burden to anyone.