Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 4 - Technical Support Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #1
number1alien
Minors (Single A)

Latest update crashes all the time

FHM4 was running just fine until I updated the app in Steam this morning. It was crashing often (every couple of days, to the extent that I changed the auto-save option to weekly instead of monthly). Now it refuses to progress beyond 23 June; the app just stops responding.

I'm running macOS 10.13 and the latest edition of FHM4.
number1alien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 06:14 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It sounds like something's gone wrong with that save; we should be able to find the exact problem if we can take a look at it. Can you upload the save? Instructions here.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #3
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Yeah I am having the same problem.
keroppichoppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:32 PM   #4
ChekYerHead
Bat Boy

Same here. Not on Steam tho. MacOS 10.13.,FHM 4.4.56. Looks like processing hangs when I simulate during the season. One thing I'm also noticing a lot of that has been happening since FHM 4 was first released, is that if I command-tab out of FHM 4 to work on something else during the sim, the sim just stops and waits for me to return. When I tab back in, it plays catch up (e.g. I leave the window on June 30, come back and it's still on June 30, then 5 minutes later jumps to August 2). The majority of hangs or crashes seem to happen because the processing tries to catch up but just... can't.

Last edited by ChekYerHead; 11-18-2017 at 04:35 PM.
ChekYerHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Strange, the Mac version tested OK at our end, and I'd suspect we'd be getting more reports if it was happening to everyone on a Mac. We'd definitely like to see a save from one or more of you so we can find/narrow down the cause(s).
Old 11-20-2017, 06:18 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

We tried testing it again, still no crash. There's a bit of an extra delay on the 23rd, but that's not unexpected; it's the day after the NHL draft, the day before the CHL drafts, and a week away from free agency, so there's naturally a lot of roster re-evaluation going on at that point. Again, if somebody's got a save where it's happening consistently, we'd really like to have a look at it.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #7
skipjack
Bat Boy

Started new standard game with Vancouver. Went to the strategy page. Right clicked on Horvat. Game crashed.
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipjack View Post
Started new standard game with Vancouver. Went to the strategy page. Right clicked on Horvat. Game crashed.
Does it seem to be happening consistently or at least frequently (not just with Horvat)? What facegen settings are you using (a few people have had issues with the image generation that happens when you first look at a player crashing the game under some circumstances)?
Old 11-22-2017, 01:15 PM   #9
skipjack
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Does it seem to be happening consistently or at least frequently (not just with Horvat)? What facegen settings are you using (a few people have had issues with the image generation that happens when you first look at a player crashing the game under some circumstances)?
It happened twice now.

No facegen, I use the jerseys.
skipjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Thanks, that helps us narrow down the cause a bit, although it did just blow up the best working theory as to the cause. Seems to be very irregular, I was able to get it to happen once this morning in about an hour of trying, but even when started an identical game and exactly replicated the steps I took when it crashed, it wouldn't happen again.