Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-18-2017, 06:14 PM   #1
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Regular season starts in early september after expansion team added

Is there any way I can get the season to go back to its regular start date of early october? The season starting a month early wouldnt be an issue if I didn't have so many players away on international duty. This all happened after adding an expansion team to even the league at 32 teams.
GmOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 09:57 PM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Is it happening that way every year, or do you happen to be in 2022/26/30/some other Olympic year? Just wondering if that may be caused by the issue with the NHL taking an unintended Olympic break.

Edit: And which international tournament are the missing guys at? The World Cup or something else?
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 03:28 AM   #3
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Is it happening that way every year, or do you happen to be in 2022/26/30/some other Olympic year? Just wondering if that may be caused by the issue with the NHL taking an unintended Olympic break.

Edit: And which international tournament are the missing guys at? The World Cup or something else?
Well the issue isn't that they are on international duty. The issue is that my season now starts september 5th instead of early october. I think this is why I saw players on international duty. The main thing I want to do is get the schedule back to early october. Is there a way to do that?
Old 10-19-2017, 03:54 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

I'm trying to figure out if it's related to the problem with the NHL schedule getting adjusted for an Olympic break, including an earlier start. That's why I asked for the year - if it's the Olympic schedule thing, that'll be fixed in the next update; if it's not (and after testing it myself, it may not be), that's something else that we'll need to adjust. There's no way to change the start date manually.

Players being away on international duty in September shouldn't be happening to an NHL team unless it's during the World Cup. If they're away at another tournament, that'd be another thing we'd need to investigate. If it's the World Cup, we can just move the tournament date back relative to the NHL start date, so it'll automatically adjust for expansion.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:03 AM   #5
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out if it's related to the problem with the NHL schedule getting adjusted for an Olympic break, including an earlier start. That's why I asked for the year - if it's the Olympic schedule thing, that'll be fixed in the next update; if it's not (and after testing it myself, it may not be), that's something else that we'll need to adjust. There's no way to change the start date manually.

Players being away on international duty in September shouldn't be happening to an NHL team unless it's during the World Cup. If they're away at another tournament, that'd be another thing we'd need to investigate. If it's the World Cup, we can just move the tournament date back relative to the NHL start date, so it'll automatically adjust for expansion.
The year was 2020.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:27 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

World Cup year, then, but not an Olympic one. Probably easiest to just change the dates on that if the NHL starts earlier, but we'll see if we can cut down on the early starts after expansion.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:06 PM   #7
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
World Cup year, then, but not an Olympic one. Probably easiest to just change the dates on that if the NHL starts earlier, but we'll see if we can cut down on the early starts after expansion.
Okay so where do I go to change the world cup date?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

It can't be changed. We're fixing this in the next update, the expanded NHL was using a pre-created schedule that started too early, it's being changed to one that's generated starting at a relatively normal start date. I'm testing it now.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:36 PM   #9
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Well it seems the season start date is still too early. I'm in 2020 and the season starts september 19th and i have 9 players away on int duty
Old 10-21-2017, 11:37 PM   #10
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Also we definitely need a way to save lines. Because since it takes so long to set them up and now that my players are away on int duty i have to create new lines again then when they get back I have to create more lines.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:34 AM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GmOfTheYear View Post
Well it seems the season start date is still too early. I'm in 2020 and the season starts september 19th and i have 9 players away on int duty
How many times had you expanded at that point? 3, or fewer?
Old 10-22-2017, 01:49 AM   #12
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
How many times had you expanded at that point? 3, or fewer?
I expanded after the first season to 32 teams and that was it. Just wanted even teams in each conference. If this issue is caused because of expansion let me know so I just will start a new save without ever expanding.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:00 AM   #13
JeffR
FHM Producer

That's strange, with a single expansion the starting date should now be in October, I checked it a couple of days ago and it was doing that. Was this a newly-started game or one you'd started before the most recent update?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:03 AM   #14
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

Quote:
That's strange, with a single expansion the starting date should now be in October, I checked it a couple of days ago and it was doing that. Was this a newly-started game or one you'd started before the most recent update?
This was a newly started game after the update. But this doesn't happen if you don't expand?

Last edited by GmOfTheYear; 10-22-2017 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:14 AM   #15
JeffR
FHM Producer

No, it won't. But it shouldn't be happening after you expand, either. Do you recall if the 2018-19 or 2019-20 seasons started in September as well?
Old 10-22-2017, 02:22 AM   #16
GmOfTheYear
Major Leagues

I can't say with 100% certainty that it happened during those years but I believe it did. It just wasnt an issue because I never lost any players on int duty.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:10 AM   #17
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

I see the problem:

When doing the expansion, I force the game to use the schedule generator (so it works in that year) but the next year it will again look for a generic schedule and find one (the one with the early start date).

The workaround for you is simple: go to your "data/schedules" folder and delete the schedule "G82_C1_D1_T8_D2_T8_C2_D1_T8_D2_T8.xml" from there. The next season it should use the schedule generator again (because the is no fitting schedule anymore).