Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Dynasty Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Dynasty Reports Tell us about the OOTP dynasties you have built!

Old 08-31-2016, 06:39 PM   #21
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Asia Series 2017

2016-2017 Season

Adelaide makes a first round exit from the Asia Series falling to the Hanshin Tigers in the first round. Adelaide one one game in the best of five series. Hanshin (*** - Japan) went on to beat the EDA Rhinos (CPBL - Taiwan)in four games to one.

Expansion

The Chinese Baseball League will join the Asia Series. The CBL will continue its partnership with the [league redacted] League. The CBL's expansion will be their second stint. The CBL is expected to have 4 -7 teams for the 2017 season.

Last edited by gregisawesome13; 08-31-2016 at 06:46 PM.
gregisawesome13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #22
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregisawesome13 View Post
Please let me know your thoughts on expansion. Remember that Ryan Carrick-Flowers goals are to create a new national media contract as well as create regional rivalries. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
Well, if those are the choices, and going with demographic trends, I would say Gold Coast and Wollongong.

It's tricky because a natural one would be a Sydney/Western Sydney rivalry, but given where the Blue Sox play (Blacktown), they actually ARE Western Sydney...

Maybe re-name them the Western Sydney Blue Sox and put another team closer to the city? Or go the Sutherland/Cronulla route?

Gold Coast is a no-brainer because it already has a ready-made facility. In fact, I'm surprised there's not an ABL team there IRL...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
Well, if those are the choices, and going with demographic trends, I would say Gold Coast and Wollongong.

It's tricky because a natural one would be a Sydney/Western Sydney rivalry, but given where the Blue Sox play (Blacktown), they actually ARE Western Sydney...

Maybe re-name them the Western Sydney Blue Sox and put another team closer to the city? Or go the Sutherland/Cronulla route?

Gold Coast is a no-brainer because it already has a ready-made facility. In fact, I'm surprised there's not an ABL team there IRL...
Personally I think Gold Coast is clearly option 1. The next thing is why is Newcastle or Wollongong or Central Coast or Geelong or Sunshine (Although QLD doesnt need two expansion teams that soon) better than the other? Since CC and Geelong are smaller markets I think they are out in round 1. I think well see Melbourne 2 and Sydney 2 after 2020 - similar how the A League had a exclusivity clause with each city for 10 years - should give Sydney time to move downtown or to rebrand.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:10 PM   #24
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

I think you've answered your own question!

The only thing is, do you want to put a team north of Sydney (Newcastle) or south of Sydney (Woolongong)?

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 08-31-2016, 08:13 PM   #25
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
I think you've answered your own question!

The only thing is, do you want to put a team north of Sydney (Newcastle) or south of Sydney (Woolongong)?
What are your thoughts. I could go either way.
Old 09-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #26
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

My thoughts - you already have one team between Sydney and Melbourne (Canberra), but none between Sydney and Brisbane (unless you add the Gold Coast, which you totally should).

Between the two, Woolongong has had exactly zero major leaguers. So has Newcastle, although the closest is one from Gosford.

Newcastle is the second-biggest city in NSW. (308K). Woolongong is the third-biggest (292K). So that's no real help.

I don't know - everything keeps point to Newcastle, but I still think Woolongong. Maybe because the Newcastle Jets are an embarassment to the A-League, and the Woolongong Hawks are a solid NBL basketball team. Then there's this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Baseball has been played in the region with structured competitions conducted since 1938.[citation needed] The Illawarra District Baseball Association was the governing body from this year until 1991 when the Illawarra Baseball League was created. The Illawarra Junior Baseball League was inaugurated in 1984 to accommodate a growing number of juniors that peaked at around 950 players in 1995. Eight regional clubs from four Local Government Areas play in the I B L. A regional club, the Illawarra Flame Baseball Club, fielded teams in four grades in the New South Wales Baseball League Sydney Major League from 1994 to 2007. The first grade team made the Grand Final in their inaugural season. The Club won a total of four premierships while participating. The IFBC played their inaugural games against the All Kawasaki Baseball Club in August 1994 the games being the first sporting exchange between the Sister Cities, Wollongong and Kawasaki.
I say Woolongong.

SPTT team

Old 09-01-2016, 03:24 PM   #27
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Expansion

June 5th, 2017

ABL Announces First of Two Bids

The Gold Coast will receive the first of two expansion bids for the 2018 ABL season. The Gold Coast bid received recognition from Baseball Australia as being well prepared. Plans to expand a baseball specific stadium will start immediately. Gold Coast will immediately begin to build a rivalry with Brisbane. Additionally, the Gold Coast will hold a fan nicknaming contest with the Blues or Blue Tongues likely to be the fan favorite.

The ABL would not comment on the further inquiries about Gold Coast's expansion partner. Second meetings were held with Newcastle and Wollongong recently. The ABL's commitment goal to expanding to 12 by 2030 would mean the loser of this bid is likely not left out.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:45 PM   #28
tlowe77
Major Leagues

Posted before finished. Stupid phone

Last edited by tlowe77; 09-01-2016 at 05:50 PM.
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #29
tlowe77
Major Leagues

The Gold Coast in real life kills teams, no one is ever successful as it's a tourist city (think Las Vegas). With Wollongong they have the whole Illrawarra area which is almost 500k, plus they love sport.

Geelong has a massive baseball community down here and most of the Melbourne Aces fan would be from here. (Aces need to move to the city I believe irl). The Greater Geelong area has almost a population of 250k, which fill the 30,000 Geelong Cats stadium every game.

I would add maybe Newcastle and Wollongong. I know that gives NSW 3 teams and all other states 1 but NSW state population is 7.6 million which is way more then the next with Victoria 2nd at 5.9 million followed by QLD with 4.7 million.
tlowe77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #30
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlowe77 View Post
The Gold Coast in real life kills teams, no one is ever successful as it's a tourist city (think Las Vegas). With Wollongong they have the whole Illrawarra area which is almost 500k, plus they love sport.

Geelong has a massive baseball community down here and most of the Melbourne Aces fan would be from here. (Aces need to move to the city I believe irl). The Greater Geelong area has almost a population of 250k, which fill the 30,000 Geelong Cats stadium every game.

I would add maybe Newcastle and Wollongong. I know that gives NSW 3 teams and all other states 1 but NSW state population is 7.6 million which is way more then the next with Victoria 2nd at 5.9 million followed by QLD with 4.7 million.
Geelong will definitely be in consideration in the future, as well as the loser of Newcastle/Wollongong. I love the regional rivalries that could happen with either of those without expanding borders. Auckland could also be in play in the future. Auckland may even be in play this round.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #31
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

2017 Preseason Predicitions

Canberra is expected to go from worse to first. There success will be based on their pitching and Stefan Anslow's ability to make an impact. Adelaide will find it difficult to repeat as champs as they will regress in key areas, specifically starting pitching.

The league is excited for a new year. Expect an announcement on the second expansion team soon.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:24 PM   #32
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Draft Pool Announced

The top two batters are Hayden Blackley and Angus Challinor. Blackley will be a MIF and should make an immediate impact as well. Challinor has a lot of room to grow, but will be one of the top two picks due to his power potential alone.The Best current player in the draft is Marcello Foley who should play SS at the next level.

Pitching is really lacking. Not to many guys slot out to be long term options. The top guy is right hander Rory Anslow or lefty Dechang Cong. Both look to be back end guys right now and at most could grow to be serviceable threes or twos.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:23 AM   #33
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

ABL Announces Expansion

ABL Announces Second Bid

The ABL announced here on opening day in Perth that the second expansion bid would be going to Wollongong. The license, granted over rivals Newcastle and Central Coast, will give New South Wales their second team. Wollongong's past may factor into its nickname or they may go with a state flower or warrior symbol. The Gong's new ABL team is expected to use tradition red and white colors, giving them a unique color scheme within the ABL.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:38 AM   #34
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

2017 Season Recap

Here is a brief review of the season. Sydney ran away with the tile from day 1. Adelaide will host Canberra in a best of three to to determine who will visit Sydney in the Claxton Shield Championship.

Top MVP candidates include 2016-17 MVP Justin Huber, Stefan Welch, and Sydney C Michael Quesada

Pitcher of the Year candidates include Adeladies Matthew Williamson, and Sydney's Vaughan Harris and Clayton Tanner.
OOC: sorry for the brief review.. I lost my halfway images and writing.

Last edited by gregisawesome13; 09-02-2016 at 12:44 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:48 AM   #35
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Huber wins Triple Crown

Perth
Dec 30th, 2017
Huber Wins Treble

Huber wins the ABL's first Triple Crown Award. Huber lead the league in Average, HRs, and RBIs. Huber posted a .377 Average, hit 18 Home Runs for the second straight year, and hit 42 RBIs. Huber is expected to be a top two MVP canidate along with Adelaide's Stefan Welch. Huber posted a 3.8 bWar and Adelaide's star man Welch posted a 3.9.

Welch's numbers were also in the top three in all the triple crown catagories with a .299 average, 14 HR, and 41 RBI. This Helms Award race will be tight, with many reporters favoring Welch due to him playing for a winning team despite Huber's historic accomplishment.

Last edited by gregisawesome13; 09-02-2016 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:56 AM   #36
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Preliminary Series 2017

Preliminary Series, 2017

vs

Preview: Adelaide finished the season at 35-25, 2 games back from securing a Claxton Shield Appearance. As the Bite look to repeat they will rely on the same core of players as last year. Stefan Welch and Gordon Moy lead the batters as both rank in the top 3 of HRs and Welch is a clear Helms Award finalist. Adelaide will need star pitchers Tim Atherton and Matthew Williams to have the form they did last year in the playoffs, while getting key performances from their OF of Brice, Jackson, and Akhurst will determine their success in the series. Meanwhile, Canberra was expected to finish the year in the top 2, has finished in third with a .500 record of 30-30. Canberra is lead by suspect pitching at times from Ryan Bonnot and James Parr, but this team will go as far as Justin Trapp, Stefan Anslow, Zach Penprase, and Glen Neumann's bats take them.

Game 1 - Adelaide, South Australia

In game one of the Preliminary Series Adelaide threw Ace Tim Atherton while Canberra trotted out James Parr. Parr with a sub 3 era on the year while Atherton has a 3.25 with only 5 wins. Adelaide's Atherton would come up big tonight as he pitched 8.1 before turning it over to closer Vic Black. Black and Atherton would combine for the shutout while only giving up 5 hits. Offensively, Adelaide was lead by their nine hole hitter, 32 year old, 2B, Josh Cakebread. Cakebread hit a 2 run HR in the fourth to push Adelaide's lead to 3-0. Adelaide would add another two runs in the fourth and would complete the shutout.

Adelaide 5, Canberra 0

Game 2 - Adelaide, South Australia

Adelaide, with the advantage, sent out Wins leader Matthew Williams (10-3, 4.01 ERA), Williams however, was prone to the longball during the season, but like Atherton, has a rep for showing up for big games. Canberra sent out Luke Wilkins, a signing this year, who posted a 5-9 record with an outlandish 5+ ERA. In the bottom of the first Stefan Welch hit a solo shot, his first of the playoffs, to take a 1-0 lead. Not to be outdone, 1B Gordon Moy would also hit his first HR of the playoffs, a 2 run HR over left field to push the lead to 3-0. Adelaide's power really helped them early and often in this game. In the fourth it was more of the same struggles for Wilkins. Wilkins gave up another solo HR to Aaron Baker. However, Glen Neumann would bust up Williams' no hitter in the fifth as he scored SS Jermey Barnes who reached on an error. 4-1. In another display of power Adelaide OF Tye Edwards would hit a 3 run HR to retire Wilkins for the night. 7-1. Matthew Williams would pitch a complete game, 13Ks, 2 H, 0 BB, and would get the win.

Adelaide was powered by the long ball this series. Will their inability - or appearance of such - to manufacture runs hurt them against a stingy Sydney team?

Adelaide 7, Canberra 1
Old 09-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #37
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Playoffs 2017

Claxton Shield Championship, 2017

vs

Preview: Adelaide crushed Canberra in the Prelims. Sydney's defense and pitching however, lead by Clayton Tanner, will be tough for them to get the same sort of success. Sydney should be able to score, unless Atherton and Williams pitch their hearts out. Moy and Welch will have to show up for the Bite to repeat.

Game 1 - Blacktown, New South Wales

Adelaide led off with a lead off homerun by DH Moy. Taking a 1-0 lead, easy outs were exchanged until MVP candidate Quesada hit a HR in the bottom of the fourth. Nakahara would score on a De Jong double in the seventh to give Sydney the lead. Sydney would tack on an insurance run in the eight to bring the score to 3-1. Former MLB player Rowland-Smith got the win after coming in the 6th and striking out 3 in an 1.1 . Smith was key to shutting down Adelaide's offense in the late game while Tanner held them down as well. Atherton was saddled with the loss.

Sydney 3, Adelaide 1

Game 2 - Blacktown, New South Wales

Sydney took a two run lead early, going up 2-0 after one. Sydney then continued to pour the runs on Matthew Williams. Sydney would score 1 in the second, another in the third, and four more in the fourth. At the top of the fifth the score was 8-0. Adelaide finally was able to cash in in the top of the fifth scoring a run. But, Sydney would not let up. Sydney would score 3 in response. 11-1. Adelaide would try to get a rally going in the seventh as they scored two, but once again a response for Sydney. 12-3. Sydney's Michael Quesada would get the series MVP and Pitcher Eric Teaford struck out 7 in 7.2 giving up 3 runs.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #38
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Asia Series 2017

Old 09-06-2016, 11:34 AM   #39
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Award Winners

Helms Award - MVP
Justin Huber - 1B - Perth

Perth's first baseman had the first triple crown season in the ABL. Huber had a .377 average, more than 70 points over the second best. Huber lead the league with 18 HR and 42 RBIs. Stefan Welch finished second and Michael Quesada third.

Pitcher of the Year Award
Clayton Tanner - SP - Sydney

The left hander lead pitched 103.2 innings as he had a 9 -3 record with 2.34 ERA. Clayton Tanner helped win a close game in the Claxton Shield. Tanner struck out 104 and gave up only 77 hits and 19 walks.

Reliever of the Year Award
Eric Marzec - CL - Adelaide

The 30 year old for Perth recorded 12 saves and had a 1.20 ERA. A clutch pitcher, Marzec only blue two saves and had 70 Ks over 45 innings of work in 26 appearances.

Rookie of the Year
Nathan Roneberg - OF - Canberra

Canberra gets their second straight rookie of the year as 22 year old Nathan Roneberg posted a .287 average with 9 HRs and 24 RBIs. Roneberg should compliment 2016-17 winner Anslow well in the outfield.

Manager of the Year
Hatsuhiko Tsuji - Sydney
33-23, .617 PCT, - GB, .232 AVG, 2.76 ERA, 241 RS, 178 RA, Won Claxton Shield.

Glove Wizard Awards
P - Shi-lin Zhao - Brisbane
C - Michael Quesada - Sydney
1B - Marty Rafferty - Brisbane
2B - Corey Lyon - Adelaide
3B - Stefan Welch - Adelaide
SS - Barry Bacon - Melbourne
LF - Andew Campbell - Brisbane
CF - Logan Corless - Brisbane
RF - Elliot Biddle - Sydney

Silver Stick Awards
C - Michael Quesada - Sydeny
1B - Justin Huber - Perth
2B - Justin Trapp - Canberra
3B - Stefan Welch - Adelaide
SS - Aarron Sayers - Brisbane
LF - Ben Lodge - Canberra
CF - Trent Oeltjen - Melbourne
RF - Nathan Roneberg - Canberra
DH - Boss Moanaroa - Canberra
Old 09-06-2016, 05:06 PM   #40
gregisawesome13
Minors (Double A)

Expansion Draft 2018

Expansion Draft - Key Selections

Below is a quick summary of key selections in the 2018 Expansion Draft. Wollongong held the first selection of the 25 round expansion draft. Teams were limited to only having six players selected, could protect 13, and all 2 years or less of service time were auto protected.

Wollongong Waratahs

3B - 1st Round - Gregory Valenica - Melbourne
OF - 2nd Round - Andrew Campbell - Brisbane
1B - 3rd Round - Ryan B. Jones - Canberra
SP - 4th Round - Hyun - joon Lee - Canberra
SP - 5th Round - Wilson Lee - Adelaide
RP - 11th Round - Geoff DeGroot - Melbourne
RP - 16th Round - Yean Paredes - Brisbane

Gold Coast Blue Tongues

OF - 1st Round - Tanner Rust - Sydney
1B - 2nd Round - Jared Cruz - Melbourne
OF - 3rd Round - Sasha LaGarde - Brisbane