Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #1
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Trades more difficult?

Trades seem to be slightly more difficult every year (since I started with iOOTP11).

In MLB2015, I have as an experiment asked teams to trade away their most wretched, palsied, legally-blind and elderly low-stamina middle reliever rated 20/20 (on the 20-80 scale) and some teams just say no to offers of two or three decent-to-good players on minor league contracts.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by McGuiser; 04-05-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: clarity
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:05 PM   #2
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Relievers appear to be the lowest value in the game. I was able to obtain a young reliever rated 70 for a 36 year old starter but most offered less than 23 year old relievers. I think it is also based on need and there are plenty of relievers always available.
phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
wodi
All Star Reserve

Trades more difficult?

The game really doesn't value relievers at all, whether it is in trades, the draft, or the cpu setting their bullpen.

My biggest gripe with the relievers is the fact that the cpu will choose an aging starter over a talented reliever every time. For the most part in real life starters are starters and relievers pitch in the bullpen. When a starter is no longer effective in real life they don't become bullpen aces like they do in this game. In my iootp 2014 every hall of fame starter by the year 2050 had pitched in the bullpen at the end of their career. That just doesn't happen in real life.

Supposedly the update to the game will feature a small update to the relievers value. But I will believe it when I see it.

Last edited by wodi; 04-05-2015 at 09:53 PM.
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:48 PM   #4
isaacgood11
Bat Boy

Yes, I'd also definitely say that prospects are harder to obtain now also,
isaacgood11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:34 PM   #5
McGuiser
Major Leagues

The reason my experiment chose MRs was exactly because they are unvalued and plentiful . . . all the more reason to wonder why the AI is so demanding when the gamer asks for a bad MR in a trade.

So, is it your experience, too, that trading has become more difficult?
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 06:15 AM   #6
Edster007
All Star Starter

I tried trading a 24 year old SP with 3 star potential for a 28 year old SS who was drafted 6 years prior, 1 star who has never had an at bat and it "wasn't a fair deal" I just started to play around and added a 3 star first basemen, still not good enough. I hit make this work and they wanted one of my 4-5 star players on top of it and yet I get trade offers for a 4 star player expecting to take two no potential players in return. Hard is one thing, I dont want to easily rob the AI in every trade but some of it is nonsensical.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:20 PM   #7
BradC
All Star Starter

The latest update improves the trading AI. It's out for Android now and is currently in review with Apple.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote