Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

TBCB General Discussions Talk about the new boxing sim, Title Bout.

Old 04-06-2024, 05:47 AM   #1
Ajeje Brazorf
Bat Boy

Any help for a newby to the game?

Hi everyone!

I discovered the game a few days ago and it looks really interesting to me (I'm talking about the 2.5 version). I dowloaded a demo version and tried a little bit but there are still things I don't get. I read the manual at this link (http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-b...20Manual/Index) which is well written but it doesn't cover enough imo.

Some questions:

Auto scheduler - Does it ever takes into consideration the rankings? It looks like no, because I usually find top 5 ranked boxer against fighters with a losing score. I see the "max. rating difference" but it's not what I was thinking.

Title fight - Will the associations ever schedule a title fight? Or do I have to do it manually every time?

If anyone wants to share with me how they run their own universies on the game I would hugely appreciate that.

Anyway, I'm having quite some fun up to now and will probably end up buying the game beside of the answers, I just want a clearer view of what I'm getting into.

Thank everyone who will answer!
Ajeje Brazorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 09:15 AM   #2
pilight
All Star Starter

The autoscheduler doesn't consider organization rankings but it can be told to consider performance point rankings, which are usually similar.

The associations don't schedule fights, championship or otherwise.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 12:38 PM   #3
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Professional boxing unlike most other professional sports is notorious for its disorganization. Governing bodies do little but collect sanctioning fees and hand out meaningless belts. In the old days we at least knew who the real champions and top contenders were because there were only eight weight divisions for the most part and the press covered the sport and told you who the champs were.

In Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 you aren't the boxer or the cornerman, or even the manager most times. You are really the promoter and you decide who fights who and when. In my Alternate Universe (AU) this is usually governed by one set of rankings either regional or world. I don't bother with the WBC, WBA, IBF, WBO, etc. I have one governing body called the IBU or International Boxing Union which is based on the early attempt to establish a world governing body back in the pre-WW1 years.

There is really no wrong way to set up your own AU. Let your imagination run wild. Check out the Inside the Ropes section of this forum.

Cap

Last edited by Cap; 04-06-2024 at 12:42 PM.
Cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 05:37 AM   #4
Ajeje Brazorf
Bat Boy

Thanks both of you for your answers!
Old 04-08-2024, 04:50 PM   #5
Antonin
Hall Of Famer

As Cap says, you will find many great ideas in the Inside the Ropes section. The game is flexible enough for you to tailor your boxing universe to be whatever you want it to be.

My governing body is called the Global Boxing Authority.
Cultural icons, gone but not forgotten: David Bowie, Lou Reed, William S. Burroughs, Tristan Tzara, Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsburg, Jimi Hendrix, John Cage, Johnny Thunders (New York Dolls), Mike Hudson (The Pagans), Joey Ramone (Ramones), Stiv Bators (Dead Boys), Tomata Du Plenty (The Screamers), Joe Strummer (The Clash), Lester Bangs
Antonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 05:42 AM   #6
Ajeje Brazorf
Bat Boy

Thank you Antonin!

A couple of questions emerged in my mind so, if anyone has the time and care for answering, here they are:

1) Cap you said that in the game I can decide "who fights who and when". How does time progression works? When I create a fight card I can decide the year and month, but the progression of a fighter career is solely based on the number of fights, right? The fighter does not have an age but a "state of career", is that correct? So (no reason to do that, just trying to understand) if I set a fight in 1967 and immediately after another fight in 1997 no one would be 30 years older?

2) I checked the "Inside the ropes" section, but when I go in it I only find 3 threads. The previous page states that in the ItR section there are 1000+ threads, so I wonder why I can only find 3 of them. Anyway i'm going to read and enjoy those!
Old 04-09-2024, 08:42 AM   #7
pilight
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajeje Brazorf View Post
1) Cap you said that in the game I can decide "who fights who and when". How does time progression works? When I create a fight card I can decide the year and month, but the progression of a fighter career is solely based on the number of fights, right? The fighter does not have an age but a "state of career", is that correct? So (no reason to do that, just trying to understand) if I set a fight in 1967 and immediately after another fight in 1997 no one would be 30 years older?
Fighters have ages but you're correct that performance is affected by career stage which the game progresses by number of fights. You can manually change a fighter's career stage.

Quote:
2) I checked the "Inside the ropes" section, but when I go in it I only find 3 threads. The previous page states that in the ItR section there are 1000+ threads, so I wonder why I can only find 3 of them. Anyway i'm going to read and enjoy those!
When viewing the list of threads, look to the bottom of the page where it says "Display Options" and change the setting to something longer than "Last Month" to see threads that have not been recently updated.
pilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:11 AM   #8
Cap
Hall Of Famer

Yeah. Like he said. (Thanks, Pilight.)

Cap
Old 04-09-2024, 10:27 AM   #9
Cap
Hall Of Famer

I started my AU in 1890 and I advance the "game calendar" manually, so that the game says it is now October 1906. When I set up my AU I also set up the "Career Adjustment" parameters (I had a heck of a time getting my head around this 20 years ago) so it would take X range of fights to advance from Beginner to Pre-Prime, and another range to advance from Pre-Prime to Prime. It's sort of aging, because each stage impacts an individual boxer's abilities. Some here prefer to keep all fighters at Prime, and that's okay too.

The actual passage of time has no effect on the boxers, and some of the items on an individual boxer's page (date of birth, birthplace, height, weight, reach, etc.) are purely cosmetic. The RATINGS page for each boxer is the biggie.

Cap
Old 04-09-2024, 12:57 PM   #10
Ajeje Brazorf
Bat Boy

Wow, thank you both so much!

I will 100% buy the game as soon as I have enough time on my hands to dig in it more.

Will any new doubt come in my mind I will come back here and ask for help, until then hope you all are ok and have a fun time playing virtual boxing!