Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 03-31-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
doublea08
Bat Boy

Brand new, do I get 14 or 15?

Hi there, I'm brand new to the genre. Huge baseball fan, home town team is the Twins. Do I purchase OOTP14 for 20 dollars I believe it is, or do is it worth it for me to get 15?

Thanks!
doublea08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Download the free full version of OOTP 8.

Download the Demo of 14.

Play those for 3 weeks, then get 15.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

My thought is to buy 14. I wouldn't play version 8 as it is so old. Enjoy 14 for a cheap price. If you are still enjoying the game after a couple of patches come out for 15 then buy 15.

But, IMO, 2008 will not give you a true picture of where OOTP currently stands. Either 13 or 14 would be good versions to get your feet wet before you lay out full price on 15.

In any event, you wouldn't be here if this genre didn't interest you. I'm sure you'll end up getting 15 very soon and every version thereafter.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:00 AM   #4
doublea08
Bat Boy

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll be diving in to 14 tonight, watched a couple 20 minute videos on youtube about OOTP and it looks like everything I want it to be.

Looking forward to getting to know you all in the community.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:28 PM   #5
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

As I always say, just buy the game and then buy the new version. If you can afford to do it, you'll find that the value is worth the expenditure, and you help the developer in the process.

The game can have a bit of a learning curve for setting things up the way you want them, unless you just want to play with the default MLB and go from there. So feel free to ask questions if you need help.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #6
doublea08
Bat Boy

Unfortunately I didn't have the time I thought I would last night, but tonight will be my night to dive in. I did have time to purchase 14 and check out the main menu and I was excited right there. Can't wait to see what I can get into tonight...hopefully start molding the MNTwins into a good franchise.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:02 PM   #7
doublea08
Bat Boy

Alright quick question...as I've watched the videos on youtube which are shot using ootp13...when he starts his season he has the actual MLB logos...when I start mine in OOTP14 I do not have the actual logos, are they just not in this version? Just curious, cause if its possible to have them I'd prefer it, but its no big deal.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 AM   #8
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

You can use Add-ons Central to download and install the All-in-One mod, which will put all the logos and player pics in your game. However, you need to start a new game in order to see these in OOTP.

The game doesn't come with these logos or files. They have to be installed.

You can also visit OOTPMods.com, which I maintain, to download all sorts of files for OOTP.
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #9
doublea08
Bat Boy

Awesome, I saw the add-on option and didn't even go back to check it because I got to wrapped up in the game.

I'm loving it, finally getting to make the moves on the Twins I've wanted to see them do for ever. I got through about a week of sim'ing because of the fact i was having to much fun looking at all the minor league stats/contracts and such.

Won't hurt to start a new season at all.

Also can you disable trade offers from the AI? or at least mark a player "untouchable" basically telling everyone else I don't want to trade him....I get offers like crazy people wanting Miguel Sano, which I definitely do not want to trade him, he's the future!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 PM   #10
HawkyTom
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea08 View Post
Also can you disable trade offers from the AI? or at least mark a player "untouchable" basically telling everyone else I don't want to trade him....I get offers like crazy people wanting Miguel Sano, which I definitely do not want to trade him, he's the future!

To set a player to 'untouchable' goto: Team Menu ---> Transactions ---> Trade Status.

I believe by default everybody is set to 'available' and then from this screen you can drag players to either: 'trade block' or 'untouchable'. There is also a not interested tab if the computer keeps offering you a guy you don't want.
HawkyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #11
doublea08
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkyTom View Post
To set a player to 'untouchable' goto: Team Menu ---> Transactions ---> Trade Status.

I believe by default everybody is set to 'available' and then from this screen you can drag players to either: 'trade block' or 'untouchable'. There is also a not interested tab if the computer keeps offering you a guy you don't want.
Awesome I fully assumed there was an option like this, I just could not find it last night.

Again thanks guys for all the help, hopefully with experience i'll be able to try an online league down the road. For now, i'll just try to get the Twins to a positive season haha.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM   #12
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

You'll find there are a TON of options in OOTP. Don't be afraid to come on the forum and ask "how do I...?" or "where is...?".

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
Jythier
Minors (Single A)

Please, please post on new threads with good titles that are the question. So that when I hop on to browse, if I know the answer or want that answer, I know what you're asking from the title. Here you asked several questions and got answers - luckily I knew all this stuff, but maybe I could have answered before them if I had known that there was a question. I can't answer 'get 14 or 15' because I don't know about 15 yet, but I could answer trade block and untouchable questions.
Jythier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:16 PM   #14
doublea08
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jythier View Post
Please, please post on new threads with good titles that are the question. So that when I hop on to browse, if I know the answer or want that answer, I know what you're asking from the title. Here you asked several questions and got answers - luckily I knew all this stuff, but maybe I could have answered before them if I had known that there was a question. I can't answer 'get 14 or 15' because I don't know about 15 yet, but I could answer trade block and untouchable questions.
I will definitely do that from now on, it's really nice to see a helpful game community! Especially when there are so many not so helpful ones out there. I was just trying not to clutter up the boards with a bunch of new threads

Last edited by doublea08; 04-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:08 PM   #15
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

An it harm none post as ye will.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM   #16
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea08 View Post
I will definitely do that from now on, it's really nice to see a helpful game community! Especially when there are so many not so helpful ones out there. I was just trying not to clutter up the boards with a bunch of new threads
Thread away, we haven't filled the pot yet and it helps us help you.

Did you see the public service warning on your first use of OOTP? Something like, "abandon hope all ye who enter here" You might want to take pictures of relatives and significant others so that you can recognize them when you return to the material world.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:11 AM   #17
doublea08
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RchW View Post
Thread away, we haven't filled the pot yet and it helps us help you.

Did you see the public service warning on your first use of OOTP? Something like, "abandon hope all ye who enter here" You might want to take pictures of relatives and significant others so that you can recognize them when you return to the material world.
lmao I've already lost, sat down at 4pm after work looked at the clock and it was 830 already. I'm screwed for the weekend.