Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #1
defcheetah
Bat Boy

What happened to minor leagues?

I've had versions 11 and 12 and always had no problems acessing my minor league system but in this version it feels like a mystery. When I go to my roster and selection action I see no options to promote or demote or no link to acess my minor league system like in the previous version. And then I stumbled across my farm team (im 1977 Houston Astros) after clicking on every single one(to figure out which was mine) to promote a player and it is asking me to trade for a player that is already in my organization instead of simply promoting him? Other words it's telling me it wants a player off my active or reserve roster to get one of my own minor leaguers. What am I missing here? Help... I've been button mashing for the last hour to figure this out.
defcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
endgame
Hall Of Famer

I think what you're looking for is under your Team Menu, Organizational Overview. A couple of other screens will get you to minor leagues, but it sounds like this is the area you're looking to locate.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
defcheetah
Bat Boy

not quite.

When I do that and click on the drop down menu all it says is, active roster 25/25 reserve roster 13 and dl. It doesn't list any minor league teams. This is so much different from the other versions I've played.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #4
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

If you right-click on individual players, then hover on Transaction, you'll see the options to promote and demote and the individual levels.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
defcheetah
Bat Boy

not quite that either.

Ok when I do that on an active player it says send to reserve. But I'm still not understanding how to promote someone from my triple a roster to major league roster. It still asks for a trade when I'm trying to promote someone? And the only other option is clicking force trade. Or for that matter from my double a roster to my triple a.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 PM   #6
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcheetah View Post
When I do that and click on the drop down menu all it says is, active roster 25/25 reserve roster 13 and dl. It doesn't list any minor league teams. This is so much different from the other versions I've played.
I never use Reserve rosters but I do believe the Reserve roster is in place of a minor league system.

When you create the league you can use the Reserve roster or you can use minor leagues, not both. So you won't be able to find your minor league system because your league setup is using the reserve roster.

Last edited by byzeil; 04-17-2013 at 06:13 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
OBSL Commish
All Star Reserve

How many levels of minors are you using? It sounds like you are only using a reserve roster.
OBSL Commish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by defcheetah View Post
Ok when I do that on an active player it says send to reserve. But I'm still not understanding how to promote someone from my triple a roster to major league roster. It still asks for a trade when I'm trying to promote someone? And the only other option is clicking force trade. Or for that matter from my double a roster to my triple a.
Sounds like you dont have any minor leagues. Is this the 2013 QS a fictional league or what? Is is a converted league that had minors did you add minors to this league and are they affiliated?
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
defcheetah
Bat Boy

well..

YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT!!!!! Yes, finally I can enjoy the game. Ok there were two screens to add minor leagues and I didn't hit the first one it seems. And then added leagues after creation that claim to be affiliated to me but aren't? Weird....

Last edited by defcheetah; 04-18-2013 at 06:57 PM.