Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
gerytal
Bat Boy

OOTP for mac

A newbie here. Considering getting the game and have been lurking and following posts since last Thursday. I recall Markus mentioning something about Apple forcing changes on where things are located rather than in applications and documents. Can anyone please elaborate on these changes.
Thanks.

Last edited by gerytal; 04-16-2013 at 02:02 PM.
gerytal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Kuttner
Minors (Triple A)

OOTP 14 is located in "hidden files." You can access it by going to the GO menu while hitting the ALT key. It'll be in the Library folder that will appear in the dropdown. (Doing this from memory right now as I'm on my work PC, but I think that's correct.)
Kuttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

The folders are in different places than they used to be, but you can just do a search and you will find the new ones. It is no big deal.
rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Yes, I play on Mac and it's not a big deal. The game files go in the Library folder inside your user folder, but Apple has chosen to hide that Library folder in its newer operating systems. You can easily search for the OOTP folder or there are ways to unhide it. Just do a google search for "unhide Library folder Mac."
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
gerytal
Bat Boy

Hey Big EZ. I have Snow Leopard on my Imac. I know behind the times. lol . Anyway with snow leopard, library isn't hidden. What you're saying then if I understand you correctly is that the ootp folders and such are located in library. Is anything in the application folder.
Thanks.
gerytal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerytal View Post
Hey Big EZ. I have Snow Leopard on my Imac. I know behind the times. lol . Anyway with snow leopard, library isn't hidden. What you're saying then if I understand you correctly is that the ootp folders and such are located in library. Is anything in the application folder.
Thanks.
I'm not entirely sure on Snow Leopard. The OOTP files will either be in Library and then in Application Support, or they'll be in your Documents folder under your username.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
sdazzle
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
I'm not entirely sure on Snow Leopard. The OOTP files will either be in Library and then in Application Support, or they'll be in your Documents folder under your username.
It wasn't until Lion, I believe that the user library became hidden. But on Snow Leopard the user library should be visible. Either way, once you figure it out, it's not a big deal.
sdazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
akw4572
Hall Of Famer

Not a big deal, it doesn't affect gameplay at all. It only affects if you mod, and where you place the files.
akw4572 is offline   Reply With Quote