Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
BezMK
Bat Boy

Question about opening day rosters

Hey guys. Long time player, first time poster. I'm thoroughly enjoying OOTP 14 so far, of course. But I have a question on opening day rosters.

My end goal is to use current opening day rosters, but back-date the season start date to January 1 (or any date of my choosing, really) instead of today. The reason is I want to play around with some contraction scenarios and, of course, the new free agent draft feature.

Choosing a new major league game starts on opening day, which means I couldn't contract until simming this season first. I of course can create my own game and have the real teams and logos (thank you, add-ons!), but the players are fictional.

Can anyone assist? I hope I properly explained what I'm trying to do, but if not, please let me know.

Thanks all!
BezMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I think you can create a historical game (from the main menu), choose this year, and have it start on Jan 1. Not sure though, as I've never tried.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
BezMK
Bat Boy

I just checked, but historical season options end after 2012. Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?
BezMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

You should be able to save the default MLB league and rosters as a template. Then start a new universe with a date of Jan 1. Delete the league you used to start the universe with and then import the MLB template.

If all goes well you'll have the regular MLB quickstart league but the date will be January 1.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
You should be able to save the default MLB league and rosters as a template. Then start a new universe with a date of Jan 1. Delete the league you used to start the universe with and then import the MLB template.

If all goes well you'll have the regular MLB quickstart league but the date will be January 1.
also..once you create your new universe and delete everything..open the db and use the purge tool to permanently get rid of it. Then import your template. If you don't purge the db first, things have a habit of having a ghost like manner and appearing in your new game. This is because when you delete things they get removed from your game but stay in your games db. Purging will prevent that..
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote