Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 07-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #41
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boshk View Post
yes, i set it 15-18. its not uncommon for players to play at age 19 (prior to the season starting) if i'm not paying attention.
I believe the "eligible to play" age of a player is as of Jan 1, 20xx not his age on the starting day of the season. IE a player that is 18 on Jan 1 and turns 19 on Feb. 1 will play in a HS league that opens on May 1 even though he has turned 19. Someone can correct me if this is wrong I think this is how it works.

This only comes up if you create players in an age range IE 14-18(like when filling a new feeder league with players). Some of the created 18yr olds will have birthdays between Jan1 and your HS season's start date. These guys will play. If you then change your player creation age to 14-14 so you only have incoming freshmen you shouldn't see it again.

If you leave creation at 14-18, like some do, you will always have a few of these players.

Of course this also applies to college leagues using the appropriate age settings.

Couldn't find it doing a search but I believe this explanation was posted in a past version's forum. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:11 AM   #42
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure this correct for some reason all my HS players in 11 were 19 in the draft and the college players were 22 when drafted. So it was playing guys who were 18 on Jan. 1 but turned 19 sometime before the draft.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #43
boshk
All Star Reserve

i've never had a 19 year old get kicked out before or during the season--if they turned 19 say, between september and sometime during the season. at least that i have noticed.... so i wonder what the true cutoff date is for the game booting players. because a majority of my 18 year old's make it to the draft every year.

Last edited by boshk; 07-28-2011 at 12:55 PM.
boshk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #44
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

I am not sure but when I set player creation to only generate 15 y/o's they were all 19 in the draft.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:19 AM   #45
clamel
All Star Starter

Perhaps the wrong thread, but what the h...

Could someone make a thread with a similar guide on how to best start up Independent leagues. Severel ways to do this I think, with different results and hickups. Naturally I think itīs should reflect present historical players, not fictional.

What I know one could start a totally new Major League and set the financial to very low before adding players. Using the template setup

One could create minor leagues with no affiliations.

Probably 1-2 guys have come along way with testing and results like this great Feeder League guide.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #46
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Perhaps the wrong thread, but what the h...

Could someone make a thread with a similar guide on how to best start up Independent leagues. Severel ways to do this I think, with different results and hickups. Naturally I think itīs should reflect present historical players, not fictional.

What I know one could start a totally new Major League and set the financial to very low before adding players. Using the template setup

One could create minor leagues with no affiliations.

Probably 1-2 guys have come along way with testing and results like this great Feeder League guide.
Do a search (titles only) using the word independent. I'm sure I saw something recently including workaround ideas.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 PM   #47
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Do a search (titles only) using the word independent. I'm sure I saw something recently including workaround ideas.
Yes, naturally I tried that. Came up with several 100% and lower threads, but I was hoping for something like this. All info gathered and ideas and experience from other players.
Independent leagues are negleted in OOTP, so all info can be useful.
I will add mine as soon as itīs possible
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:27 PM   #48
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Yes, naturally I tried that. Came up with several 100% and lower threads, but I was hoping for something like this. All info gathered and ideas and experience from other players.
Independent leagues are negleted in OOTP, so all info can be useful.
I will add mine as soon as itīs possible
Okay, this is the thread I was thinking of: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...k-arounds.html

The Dr. has done more work on independent leagues than any other member I can think of. I'll stop hijacking this thread now. Look for posts or threads started by him and I think you'll have your hands full or try to contact him through PM or post in one of his threads. He has a great feel for the world he wants to create.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #49
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Make sure your league setup is using only feeder leagues and not feeder and additional players. I use the latter and find, IMO, that the 'additional' players add up to about the same number as the feeders, so that may be your situation. The setup slot is pictured below, FWIW.
Is this in 12? I can't find it.

Also, why isn't my high school feeder league generating new high schoolers?
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:51 PM   #50
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Is this in 12? I can't find it.

Also, why isn't my high school feeder league generating new high schoolers?
its under setup. rules and its named "draft feeding mode" in the draft rules.

do you have your age creators correct? if its set to 0 (in options under "player options" creation age min/max) or some other age other then the ages allowed in your HS roster rules, then they will go to the FA pool, or into the draft.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:03 PM   #51
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
its under setup. rules and its named "draft feeding mode" in the draft rules.

do you have your age creators correct? if its set to 0 (in options under "player options" creation age min/max) or some other age other then the ages allowed in your HS roster rules, then they will go to the FA pool, or into the draft.

Am I blind?

I have the player creation age for high school at 14, so it should work, but it isn't.

EDIT: It seems that feeder league guys are being drafted, but the majority seem to be generated I believe.

Last edited by polydamas; 08-02-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #52
GiantYankee
All Star Starter

Are you guys finding that adding feeder leagues slows down the sim time significantly? I have run way too many simulations with many different setups. The main problem I find is when I include feeder leagues the sim time after the first season or two can double. What are you guys finding?
GiantYankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #53
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:

Am I blind?

I have the player creation age for high school at 14, so it should work, but it isn't.

EDIT: It seems that feeder league guys are being drafted, but the majority seem to be generated I believe.
ya, it supposed to be right under the draft pool reveal date.

i guess the only other things i can think of is that your game is messed up, or you dont have feeders correct?

what does your feeding league say?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:46 PM   #54
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
ya, it supposed to be right under the draft pool reveal date.

i guess the only other things i can think of is that your game is messed up, or you dont have feeders correct?

what does your feeding league say?
Something must have gotten messed up, because it wasn't showing up as a feeder league at all

Time to delete and try again I guess, but thanks for your help
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #55
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Something must have gotten messed up, because it wasn't showing up as a feeder league at all

Time to delete and try again I guess, but thanks for your help
when you created it, did you go from your major league game setup settings, and click add minor league --> add high school feeder

Old 08-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
when you created it, did you go from your major league game setup settings, and click add minor league --> add high school feeder

He he he oops
Old 08-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #57
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
He he he oops
unfortunately you cant just make a high school or college league and it feeds it takes away alot of settings for the league you want as your feeder.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:28 AM   #58
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Another problem that I am seeing is that most high school players don't go to college.

I have 126 high school teams and 50 college teams, yet nearly all college players didn't play in my high school feeder.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #59
luger
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Another problem that I am seeing is that most high school players don't go to college.

I have 126 high school teams and 50 college teams, yet nearly all college players didn't play in my high school feeder.
This may have to do with your age requirements for the college feeder league. I have seen many prospects who played 4 years of HS and 4 years of College but you want to make sure your those that are leaving High School have an age that fits into the min/max age of your College league.

As per the original post:
Quote:
Q: Do players go from high school to college?
A: Yes and no. High school leagues do not act as feeders for college. So players do not always go from HS to college. Undrafted HS players will go to college until their age reaches the age limit and drafted but unsigned players will go to college
luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #60
boshk
All Star Reserve

Quote:

generally, i have not seen high school players go to college, unless a team fails to sign them after getting drafted. thats how it should work though, most players in HS should feed into college, and the good ones should head to the draft.