Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - New to the Game?

OOTP 20 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 01-13-2020, 02:10 PM   #1
mayday10
Minors (Double A)

Historical Progression Over Many Years

I apologize my first post is a question. I have searched, but I cannot find an exact answer to this question.

I want to start in 1901 and have an alternate history replay/dynasty. In 1901, there was no minor league system.

Over the years, as levels of minor league baseball and the teams pop-up, will they appear and be used in my replay? I believe they started popping up in the 30s and 40s?
mayday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Minors start in 1915 but you can add your own.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 09:15 AM   #3
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

1919 minors begin to appear in the game - peak in the 30's it's not until 32 0r 33 all teams have minors as the Phillies were slow to get on board it appears. ... Negro leagues start in 1920 if i recall correctly ...
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:44 PM   #4
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Minor league teams will appear, disappear, relocate, and change names as they did historically. So as you GM a team you will need to keep an eye on them. You might need to spend offseason time moving players around.

A big part of the appeal if you ask me!
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:19 AM   #5
mayday10
Minors (Double A)

I love this software/game FYI

I came from a long time of sports sim games. Played Strat o Matic Baseball, Hockey and Football as a kid, kind of got into more video-gamey sports games through college and after, but in my mid 30s returned home to strat o matic. The realism and history can't be replicated with any video game. I love to let things play out.

Discovered OOTP in January as I was looking for a decent NCAA football sim option. Baseball was on sale and grabbed that. It is amazing. Love almost everything about it. I also love how the developers put out videos and are always engaging the customers/users (been watching the Big Rich Machine as a tutorial, but its also interesting).

FM6 was also on sale and I picked that up. Love that as well. You can tell it isnt 21-version refined like baseball, but its pretty darn good.
mayday10 is offline   Reply With Quote