Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 10-03-2019, 06:03 PM   #21
mickey7
Minors (Double A)

Zeppelin 462 the developer of Doug Flutie's Maximum Football is Canadian David Winter----before you purchase his game you might want to check out his previous failed football games Maximum Football, this past year's Canadian football game, his original Winter Valley football game---all terrible games with horrible graphics, worse game play and absolutely NO SUPPORT----careful what you recommend David has always been a salesman but as a developer his success is less than limited !!
Old 10-03-2019, 07:40 PM   #22
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7 View Post
Zeppelin 462 the developer of Doug Flutie's Maximum Football is Canadian David Winter----before you purchase his game you might want to check out his previous failed football games Maximum Football, this past year's Canadian football game, his original Winter Valley football game---all terrible games with horrible graphics, worse game play and absolutely NO SUPPORT----careful what you recommend David has always been a salesman but as a developer his success is less than limited !!
I wasn't recommending the game at all. I was actually calling out how it's NOT that good of a game, to make the point of what marketing and engaging with the community can do for sales and engagement.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:50 PM   #23
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james17 View Post
I'm starting to feel that since there's only been updates reporting 'no change' in the past that they are doing absolutely zero work on this project. I think most of the work is on OOTP Baseball with some on FHM and nothing on FOF9. I really wonder how much OOTP Developments is invested both interest-wise and resource-wise with an American football game.
Quite honestly agree. Even with the fact that FHM6 is coming out now and we have ZERO updates on FOF9 in three months. I know its different teams but FHM still benefits from OOTP in some way. OOTP said themselves theyre focusing on perfect team then theyre gonna move to OOTP, well... that was in OOTP19. It's been a baseball season since then!
Old 10-07-2019, 10:06 PM   #24
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I don't believe they would've done all this work to not release a project. When I made this post FHM6 hadn't even been announced yet. Now that it has it would make sense that OOTP isn't going to announce another product at the same time and potentially compete with their own product. I wouldn't be surprised to see an informative update around thanksgiving after FH6 has had time to release and build an audience.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

I don’t understand why there is some sort of veil over this product. It’s been in development for some time. This reeks of Jim....not OOTPD. I’m getting the feeling it’s a one man effort at this point.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:11 AM   #26
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
I don't understand the marketing or whatever you want to call the dynamic between developer and future audience and gamer base.

This just isn't how games roll out these days. I mean you have certain players from fan bases playing games in extreme early Alpha states on Steam across a variety of gaming categories. And they get constant updates if not weekly at least monthly.

OOTP Baseball might not need it since its an established franchise and really only has minor changes from year to year. Example if they were creating a new engine or interface or something huge I would like regular updates about it. Even an open alpha or beta or at least a paid version.

I never even heard of this football series until OOTP bought it or merged or what have you. Anything that happened before is meaningless. Previous track record meaningless. It doesn't relate to what it will be with OOTP and a new engine.

At 1st it was suppose to be fall 2018 its fall 2019 now. So get ready for fall 2020. And there basically has only been a handful of updates about the game.

Fanbase can be patient but radio silence is extremely poor form. It looks like no work has been done. Lots of devs use early access successfully.

And if you want radio silence then don't even mention the game is in development until its in its final stages of beta. That's why some games you don't hear about until 3 or 6 months before release. Its close enough that they know it will ship.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #27
Ben E Lou
Front Office Football Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Anything that happened before is meaningless. Previous track record meaningless. It doesn't relate to what it will be with OOTP and a new engine.
Incorrect on this point; it's not a new engine. It's the FOF engine with a new OOTP interface. I'm sure there will be a few new features added, but it's the FOF engine, not a new one.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:06 AM   #28
james17
All Star Starter

Like I said earlier, I don't think OOTP is really invested with this game. Maybe they have zero interest in football (Jim excepted) because the lack of progress reports on this project is a terrible way to market a game.

'We'll post something when we have something to say" is their mantra. So all that's left is to assume is that OOTP doesn't care about it's fan base for this game or the game is dead in the water. I think it's the latter and they just don't know how this is damaging their reputation.

Very disappointing and a touch mystifying because their support of OOTP Baseball has always been terrific.

Maybe development on Perfect Game sucked up any resources they could have provided to Jim.

It's a mystery why they even maintain a forum on the game.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #29
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Like I said earlier, I don't think OOTP is really invested with this game. Maybe they have zero interest in football (Jim excepted) because the lack of progress reports on this project is a terrible way to market a game.

'We'll post something when we have something to say" is their mantra. So all that's left is to assume is that OOTP doesn't care about it's fan base for this game or the game is dead in the water. I think it's the latter and they just don't know how this is damaging their reputation.

Very disappointing and a touch mystifying because their support of OOTP Baseball has always been terrific.

Maybe development on Perfect Game sucked up any resources they could have provided to Jim.

To be fair and to my knowledge, there was never a promise of progress reports...

To put things in perspective, we didn’t hear anything about FHM 6 until like a week from release...
Old 10-14-2019, 07:40 PM   #30
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
To be fair and to my knowledge, there was never a promise of progress reports...

To put things in perspective, we didn’t hear anything about FHM 6 until like a week from release...

I didn't say they promised progress reports I said they would post them when they had something to say. So for months now, they have had nothing to say so I assume no progress.

Nobody wants this game to live more than me and I certainly hope I'm wrong. But really, we all knew FHM 6 was coming as it has every year like OOTP baseball.

But for launching a brand new product their marketing skill appears to leave a lot to be desired. I really am losing faith in OOTP.

Last edited by james17; 10-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 PM   #31
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Here is what Markus said back in April, I guess it is late summer , early fall right about now. So i reckon we are due something!

Hey folks,here's a little update on the FOF development Essentially, things are progressing nicely. Most of the engine and AI code has been converted so it matches the new architecture, and the next step will be to take the best parts of the OOTP & FHM GUI, design the interface (it will look very similar to OOTP 19) and start coding the screens.

We will have a proper announcement about the features and the release (we'll have a PC and Mac version) once we get closer to beta testing, so probably late Summer / Fall. We'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Markus
Old 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #32
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not that there's really much "maintenance" going on, but it's a fair question considering the forum has more or less become a place to discuss OTHER football sims in the last few months with nothing FOF related to discuss.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #33
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

To discuss FOF... The forum at the other site is active but those long time players didn’t migrate over here.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:43 PM   #34
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
Here is what Markus said back in April, I guess it is late summer , early fall right about now. So i reckon we are due something!

Hey folks,here's a little update on the FOF development Essentially, things are progressing nicely. Most of the engine and AI code has been converted so it matches the new architecture, and the next step will be to take the best parts of the OOTP & FHM GUI, design the interface (it will look very similar to OOTP 19) and start coding the screens.

We will have a proper announcement about the features and the release (we'll have a PC and Mac version) once we get closer to beta testing, so probably late Summer / Fall. We'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Markus
Um...Markus posted that back in April of 2018. It’s now October 2019 and we’ve heard nothing about GUI’s or coding since then I believe.

We have heard tons about Perfect Game and now FHM6
But very little about FOF9.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #35
james17
All Star Starter

Jim did have a post back in June but that related mainly to the older version of the game.

Who knows? Maybe they’ll surprise us with a feature list or a sudden Christmas or Super Bowl release! I hope so but I’ve a feeling they are still far away on that or that the project is kaput.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #36
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Jim posted this in September last year, yet we have not seen this or anything nearly 13 months later.

Implementing the OOTP calendar structure. You'll play FOF9 day-by-day rather than the stage-oriented approach of FOF8.

As Markus wrote recently, we're months away from being able to show off this work.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:43 PM   #37
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Yeah... I hate to get back into the normal cycle of pleading for an update or talking all doom and gloom about this project, but I'm finally waving the white flag. Of course, if I get an email from OOTP announcing FOF9, whenever that happens (if at all), I will lose my mind and probably pre-order immediately, but this lack of communication is just tiring me out now. I get that a lack of updates on an unreleased game shouldn't bother me so much, but it's been so long, and the track record so poor, that I just can't believe this game is going to come out at all.

It just sucks. Next paycheck, DDSPF20 is officially going to be a purchase from me.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:18 PM   #38
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

I think Jim checks this forum frequently. He knows what hes saying but hes not caved in. That's good in my opinion.
Old 10-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #39
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinginalaska View Post
I think Jim checks this forum frequently. He knows what hes saying but hes not caved in. That's good in my opinion.
What do you mean 'he's not caved in' ?
Old 10-28-2019, 12:47 PM   #40
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

"Not caving in" resulted in me purchasing Draft Day Sports Pro Football. I'm only one customer, but I feel like I'm not alone here.

All potential customers have been asking for is SOMETHING. Even just more of the "I'm thinking about X" type of posts. Instead, crickets, which is unfortunate.

Last edited by Zeppelin462; 10-28-2019 at 01:52 PM.